What and How much did you eat your last meal...

I just ate a greek yogurt a d small dish of cottage cheese with pineapple! !! Fibre one bar latter!!!!

Ok It's Saturday... Trimmed down a couple pounds again this week eating light and I am feeling good.... I am going to indulge in a few beers today but I am not going to overeat as I did last Saturday which made me feel like crap...

How is your eating healthy lifestyle affecting the home brewing?

I don't drink as much.... I have found you can still do about anything you want as long as you reduce the amount of everything.... Also I only drink a few on the weekends

Low carb, no bread, mostly no fried foods , lots of grilled fish and salads are keeping me full and focused and the main thing is Portion Control

I need to adopt that lifestyle. My companys health plan has a wellness component. Metabolic Syndrome is a large component.
Don't want to pay the fat surcharge as I call it

I need to adopt that lifestyle. My companys health plan has a wellness component. Metabolic Syndrome is a large component.
Don't want to pay the fat surcharge as I call it

I no longer get the large anything... get the small, replace the bread and potatoes with something green and stay at it...
Watch the way fit people in your age group eat... Mimic them ...

i am about to have a sandwich that has 2 chicken patties, provolone cheese, tomato, and lettuce, all toasted up..

i too have cut way down from my days of 2 sandwiches, and all the other stuff that just adds carbs on top of carbs..

damn, i can remember my days of having 2..yes 2.........36" long subway sandwiches.....

There's a chain Restaurant called Sweet Tomatoes, started in '78 in California.
Ate at a location in Coppell, Texas.
2 locations in NC: Raleigh, Cary--go figure.

IF there were a way to convince their corporate to open a location in the GSO/H.P./W-S area, it would be marvelous and the many of US that LOVE SALADS, SOUPS, PASTA, BREADS, would get there regularly WHILE LOSING WEIGHT.
- - - -
I'm on the "Eat whatever you wish and LOSE WEIGHT".
I gain a few pounds when off the road and LOSE those pounds when O.T.R., because I'M MORE ACTIVE.
- - - -
Today:
Morning: had a regular bowl of Oatmeal with 2% milk and well drizzled with Honey.
Lunch or after-noon/morning snack: Waffle (Awful) House; Double Angus Burger with Hash Browns and Coffee.
Tonite: Roast with Taters and Carrots.
- - - -
Thank You, CHEERS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is actually tart cherry juice and I just told grocerythrower where to get it.. Trust me mud I know about shoulder pain.. The stuff works.. There are many more natural remedies.. Turmeric is one.. It is a spice that you can add to your food as or I am going to do is get it in capsule form.. Hopefully I will be getting it next week.. I will let you know how it works.

I just bought Turmeric capsules today and started taking them, hopefully in a few months i can see some slight relief

Got my famous meatloaf in the oven, and tomorrow night I'll take a meatloaf sandwich to work with real mayo, sweet pickles and a slice of cheese, yum, yum!

Got my famous meatloaf in the oven, and tomorrow night I'll take a meatloaf sandwich to work with real mayo, sweet pickles and a slice of cheese, yum, yum!

We must be twins separated at birth!! I just got done dining on MY meatloaf with roasted red potatos
Leftovers for the week

We must be twins separated at birth!! I just got done dining on MY meatloaf with roasted red potatos
Leftovers for the week

We should swap recipes I got mine form a place in Harrisonville MO. I hated meatloaf until I tried theirs, they finally gave me the recipe I have been making it ever since, even folks that hate meatloaf like mine! In fact I don't like any meatloaf other than mine, but if you swear by yours I'm willing to give it a try if you wanna swap!

Mine has a ketchup, mustard, brown sugar glaze, its very moist, never dry, they told me the secret to the always moist loaf was the dried bread soaked in milk, wring it out and put it in the meat, it hasn't failed me yet! No eggs, no bread crumbs, just the soaked bread, spices, worchestershire, and ketchup in the meat mixture. Oh and lots of onions and garlic!!!

Here is mine

2lbs of ground beef
1 large onion
a few cloves of garlic or garlic powder
black pepper
oregano
basil
dried bread soaked in milk
ketchup
worchestershire
I combine the above, I don't have measurements, I eyeball everything, wring the soaked bread out, not totally but somewhat and add it, mix well and put in a loaf.

Sauce on top
ketchup, a little mustard, not much, a bunch of brown sugar, mix, you know its good when its grainy and very sweet.

I cook it at 350 for 1.5 to 2 hrs, you have to babysit this deal, I use a turkey baster to drain the liquid ever so often, that part sucks but its worth it in the end!

How do you get it into that nice loaf shape when the onion just makes a big ball in the middle????