FedEx Freight | What are the 5 most asked questions?

hurricane64

TB Lurker
Credits
What are the 5 most asked questions, that Freight Drivers can answer, to help out the National Drivers coming over? National Drivers, ask your questions, maybe some of the Freight Guys will help us out. In Indianapolis, Whats the boot requirements and where do most of y'all get them? Do you know how they are going to handle the uniforms? Linehaul, are they going to re-bid and when do you guys usually bid? Any info. would help.

Your shoes have to black but they do not have to be steel toe anymore
Usually bid the first week of Jan and the first week of July, give or take a week, probably won't bid the first of jan this year with all the changes

Your shoes have to black but they do not have to be steel toe anymore
Usually bid the first week of Jan and the first week of July, give or take a week, probably won't bid the first of jan this year with all the changes

As I understand it (and thats not saying much!) once the decisions on options are made by Oct 4 and are supposed to be processed by Oct 15. Shortly thereafter the TMs will be in meetings to find out what changes will be made at their respective terminals...i.e. staffing changes...equipment needs...operational changes.

I would surmise (and I am guessing here) that the information needed will be in place for a Jan. bid.
Of course this is just my humble opinion which means....SQUAT!!!:couch:

Rat

I have to have boots? I wear black rockports. I never tuck my shirt in either. It's so darn long. Ah hell what happens when I run over some one with the forklift? I'm he'll on wheels with the shopping chart in walmart. I can't walk and chew gum. Not kidding here ask my husband?

Also not all runs have dockwork. You don't work 14 hours everyday sure somedays are long. That's all I can think right now

I have to have boots? I wear black rockports. I never tuck my shirt in either. It's so darn long. Ah hell what happens when I run over some one with the forklift? I'm he'll on wheels with the shopping chart in walmart. I can't walk and chew gum. Not kidding here ask my husband?
If you go "by the book" and only drive the forklift at a "brisk walking pace" you'll be the one who gets run over...lol

You must be doing something right .. he is keeping ya ... you must be a good cook ?? :hysterical::hyper:

What is exactly the pay structure on everything?I know the mileage pay but all we get at National is putting a set together and delay pay. So what I'm asking is do you get paid for fueling,kingpin not a assembly and at your meet point do you get another king pin, we still do all this for free.What is your personnel time,we get 4 hrs a month plus a birthday total 7 day a year and after November any hours past 48hr they pay back to the 48 hrs. Example In Nov I have 72 hrs personnel they give me a check for anything over 48hrs. So you start the next year at 48hrs. Holiday we get 9 paid Holidays. 2 For Christmas and 2 for Thanksgiving. Thats all I can think of right now.We also have to put what we want for vacation in Dec. for the following year. Not sure how that will go this year.

There you go again, Worthless! Left yourself wide open, again. Bet it keeps the "old man" smiling! Atl to Texas to where now? Swedish Peterbuilt to Toyota Towmotor. I use to have 2 bad habits, that I'll admit to. Now I have to add "the job" to that list of things that's gonna kill me. I hope you and the hubby can survive this one.

What is exactly the pay structure on everything?I know the mileage pay but all we get at National is putting a set together and delay pay. So what I'm asking is do you get paid for fueling,kingpin not a assembly and at your meet point do you get another king pin, we still do all this for free.What is your personnel time,we get 4 hrs a month plus a birthday total 7 day a year and after November any hours past 48hr they pay back to the 48 hrs. Example In Nov I have 72 hrs personnel they give me a check for anything over 48hrs. So you start the next year at 48hrs. Holiday we get 9 paid Holidays. 2 For Christmas and 2 for Thanksgiving. Thats all I can think of right now.We also have to put what we want for vacation in Dec. for the following year. Not sure how that will go this year.

Gator

If you hook a set together you get .5 pay. If you just back under a set that is already together, you get .25. when you get to the meet point, you get .25. You also get .25 for fueling at a center or a truck stop. You log that time on your logbook. If you go on a hub turn with no dock work, you get .5 for drop n hook. If your freight isn't ready, you log .5 for a drop, show .5 for lunch, and then .5 for a hook when your freight is ready. Hope this helps

I'll try to answer these questions as best as I can...,

Mileage: I believe that Nat'l is already at the same scale

Build a set = a "H" (stands for hook): 1/2 hour flat rate

Breakdown a set = a "D" (stands for drop): 1/2 hour flat rate

Breakdown a set & build a set at an intermediate point, when the driver is going to remain in motion toward their destination (commonly called a, "via") = a "DH" (stands for drop hook) 1/2 hour flat rate.

Breakdown a set , and build a set when doing a, "hub turn" and the driver takes their 1/2 hour lunch break at the hub in between dropping & hooking, the driver is allowed to "double dip" which means that they may charge a "D" before their break, and a "H" after their break giving them a total flat rate of 1 hour.

Full drop and full hook as above also allowed when productive labor is performed in between, ie; dock work performed when running a "shuttle run".

Slide out & slide under a set at meet point, = a "TO" (stands for "tractor only"): 1/4 hour flat rate

Slide under a set, (at origin) = a TO : 1/4 hour flat rate

Slide out from under a set, (at destination) = a TO : 1/4 hour flat rate

Fuel tractor, (to be done at the end of each tour, unless special circumstances require otherwise) = a "FL" 1/4 hour flat rate

ALL shop time is paid without any grace period, (see your supervisor for instructions on how to make sure that you get paid for it) to the nearest 1/4 hour.

You do not get paid for your birthday anymore, (sorry) .

You do get paid 8 hours flat rate for all of the major holidays, (2 for X-mas, 2 for T'giving).

I forget how personal days a figured, but they are paid as 8 hours flat rate.

Vacation time is calculated by averaging your last 12 months earnings, divided by 52 weeks, a vacation day is 1/5 of that average, (also referred to as 8 hours of vacation).

I'm sure that I've left something out, feel free to ask.

AW

Oh yeah...,

Delay time, aka, "DL"

At origin, delay pay starts after 1/2 hour free time plus any other compensated time. In other words, you are already getting paid for a hook, so if you are given your bills 1/2 hour past your scheduled show time, and you don't incur any shop time, then you do not receive any additional compensation, if you are given your bills 45 minutes past your scheduled show time, and you have no shop delay, then you will receive 1/4 hour delay + 1/2 hour flat rate hook pay.

Delay time at a "via" will vary depending on what type of run you are on, so I won't bore anyone with all of the possibilities.

Delay time at a meet point, is calculated the same as origin delay plus 1/2 hour lunch break, for a total of 1 hour free time before delay time starts.

There's more, but today is my 30th Wedding Anniversary, I'm taking the day off, and I have to get off the computer now in the name of keeping the peace/staying alive.

Bye now,
AW

I have a question for the guys that have been around awhile . Do you really think we will have a job till 1/30/2011

There you go again, Worthless! Left yourself wide open, again. Bet it keeps the "old man" smiling! Atl to Texas to where now? Swedish Peterbuilt to Toyota Towmotor. I use to have 2 bad habits, that I'll admit to. Now I have to add "the job" to that list of things that's gonna kill me. I hope you and the hubby can survive this one.

If we can go to Childress, tx looks like extra board. No dock work there I don't think. Don't know about Amarillo yet. Don't know what runs they will have or how we will fit in. Need to win the lottery or a crystal ball!! Don't have a rich lost uncle either!! Haven't been to work yet today to get our letter. We might not even have a job. Back to AL my house on the lake. I get a job at 7/11 and grow a garden and fish. My husband gets another trucking job sounds better and better.

Also not all runs have dockwork. You don't work 14 hours everyday sure somedays are long. That's all I can think right now

I don't work fourteen hours on any day. It's not part of what they let us do out here. You can't starve out old, senior drivers if you let them work fourteen hours a day.

If we can go to Childress, tx looks like extra board. No dock work there I don't think. Don't know about Amarillo yet. Don't know what runs they will have or how we will fit in. Need to win the lottery or a crystal ball!! Don't have a rich lost uncle either!! Haven't been to work yet today to get our letter. We might not even have a job. Back to AL my house on the lake. I get a job at 7/11 and grow a garden and fish. My husband gets another trucking job sounds better and better.
If you need somebody to watch after that house on the lake, water the tomatoes, freeze the fish I catch, call me!! I'm not doing much now, and probably less in Jan....lmao