FedEx Freight | What are we signing?

sharpshooter

TB Veteran
Credits
I got a call to come in to sign some BS. Is it our options, and we're suppose to pick right there and then? She said it had to be signed and witnessed by a member of HR or management.

I was told today that it is basically whether or not we will stay with the company or take the buyout and leave. We are also expected (I think) to choose 3 preferences for where we want to go, if we are staying. I have not seen any paperwork yet, so take everything I said with a grain of salt.

I got a call to come in to sign some BS. Is it our options, and we're suppose to pick right there and then? She said it had to be signed and witnessed by a member of HR or management.

Tell them what they told everybody else. I dont have any info right now, but i'll check into it and get back to ya???

you choose the severance if available or you have to list the centers you are willing to transfer to The centers are listed that you can transfer to and you list them in the order as to first preference 2nd 3rd ect

You get 10min to do that? WTF is wrong with them?

Actually, until Friday week, (10/01/2010) but I think that they would like to have it a little sooner than that. I did mine before I left work this evening, it was easy, only 2 choices if I want to keep working here, either stay at the center I am at, and work the night shift for all eternity, or transfer 14 miles closer to my house and continue working the job that I have now. Kind of a no brainer for me.

Wow..lucky you. Glad you still have a job : )

Yeah, I know, but I'm almost starting to feel guilty about it. I've put in almost 2 decades here, and I was hoping that the company was going to just do a dovetail, and tweak it here and there a little, and allow the few displaced drivers to follow work to a nearby center, and for the most part..., everybody would be happy. I had no idea that they had designs on putting the long haul stuff on the rail.:17113: