What are your thoughts on raising the fuel tax to help fund infrastructure improvements

and that is ANY administration, they are ALL GUILTY of providing for their special interest groups.
Absolutely. Seems like the truckers look like people who can pay extra. Pretty unfair. BTW the usual cars destroy the roads and the bridges quicker than trucks just due to the amount of them.

Absolutely. Seems like the truckers look like people who can pay extra. Pretty unfair. BTW the usual cars destroy the roads and the bridges quicker than trucks just due to the amount of them.
cars and other light vehicles can wreck havoc with the roads with leaks. leaks from the cooling system, oil system to name at least 2. thier oils and coolant are very much a cause of corrosion.

no, they do not weigh as much as a big rig, until we were to weigh them all up. sitting still on any of our bridges, then, i'd surmise they would at the very least, weigh as much as a half empty (or full) big rig with a trailer.

cars and other light vehicles can wreck havoc with the roads with leaks. leaks from the cooling system, oil system to name at least 2. thier oils and coolant are very much a cause of corrosion.

no, they do not weigh as much as a big rig, until we were to weigh them all up. sitting still on any of our bridges, then, i'd surmise they would at the very least, weigh as much as a half empty (or full) big rig with a trailer.
The area that I live, bicyclists rule. Don't pay taxes, disobey the traffic laws, under the assumption that they have more rights than trucks. The money collected from taxes and use taxes they use to build bike lanes. Closing down a traffic lane. We also have the bridge to nowhere. The Tillicum bridge that allows only pedestrians, bicycles, the Crime train and buses. A multimillion dollar waste. Oops, the bridge has pretty lights that light up at night. How about fixing our roads. Special interest groups, I agree totally.

The area that I live, bicyclists rule. Don't pay taxes, disobey the traffic laws, under the assumption that they have more rights than trucks. The money collected from taxes and use taxes they use to build bike lanes. Closing down a traffic lane. We also have the bridge to nowhere. The Tillicum bridge that allows only pedestrians, bicycles, the Crime train and buses. A multimillion dollar waste. Oops, the bridge has pretty lights that light up at night. How about fixing our roads. Special interest groups, I agree totally.
yeah, here we have as everyplace else, fuel taxes. that money is supposed to be used for the highways. it goes to what you said, bike paths, or the state bus service, forgedaboud fixing roads...

This state taxed the natural gas industry to pay for road damage done by trucks. A large amount to a city that had no truck traffic from the drilling. And yes the city spent a huge amount of the tax revenue on bicycle trails.

ain't it funny, that many of the construction companies building the bike paths are the very same that build the roads? why don't we hear them complain about where the money is going.???

here in my state, the R/R gave up track lines. these are what have been turning into long distance bike paths. takes large work crews to get it done, not some dinky little contractors.

it is all a farce, and we all pay.

I understand. I just wanted to say that there are much more light vehicles than big rigs. BTW I think it would have been much more fair to make the tolls lower for trucks, then for the light vehicles.

I understand. I just wanted to say that there are much more light vehicles than big rigs. BTW I think it would have been much more fair to make the tolls lower for trucks, then for the light vehicles.
yes, i know, i hoped that i was agreeing with you, not debating.

yes too, tolls ought to be the same across the board.

but in MY wonderful state, the goobner has imposed TRUCK ONLY TOLLS......

that is total BS...if EVERYONE can use the bridges or roads, then EVERYONE SHOULD PAY...!!!!!!!

the toll gantry's will be going up before the end of this year. i think several trcuking associations are fighting this, and i hope they win!!!!!!

the goobners response..??

"let them go around, or let them move out of state" (the trucking companies housed here....!!!)

as i "see it", she's a one term idiot, i can't wait to vote out......

yes, i know, i hoped that i was agreeing with you, not debating.

yes too, tolls ought to be the same across the board.

but in MY wonderful state, the goobner has imposed TRUCK ONLY TOLLS......

that is total BS...if EVERYONE can use the bridges or roads, then EVERYONE SHOULD PAY...!!!!!!!

the toll gantry's will be going up before the end of this year. i think several trcuking associations are fighting this, and i hope they win!!!!!!

the goobners response..??

"let them go around, or let them move out of state" (the trucking companies housed here....!!!)

as i "see it", she's a one term idiot, i can't wait to vote out......

I don't know how many trucking firms are located in your state but I am sure there would be a huge amount of taxes lost if they did move. I remember my employer had a relay point in a state years ago. The state was going to impose a huge tax on the company as well as drivers wages for miles they drove in the state. The property was leased & the company did in fact move the relay a few miles to the neighboring state. It took only about a day to move. Trucks & trailers all have wheels & can be moved easily. A state that is hostile to any industry stands a good chance of losing that tax base. Just look at all of the firearms manufacturers that moved to gun friendly states.

And the bottom line is some politician will visit with transportation groups around the country telling them he will fight to have this new tax revenue used for road infrastructure projects.. and down the line when the bill is voted on, in the fine print buried in a 300 page document, there will be a hidden, obscure sentence stating, that at their disgression, the money can be used where they deem necessary......

I don't know how many trucking firms are located in your state but I am sure there would be a huge amount of taxes lost if they did move. I remember my employer had a relay point in a state years ago. The state was going to impose a huge tax on the company as well as drivers wages for miles they drove in the state. The property was leased & the company did in fact move the relay a few miles to the neighboring state. It took only about a day to move. Trucks & trailers all have wheels & can be moved easily. A state that is hostile to any industry stands a good chance of losing that tax base. Just look at all of the firearms manufacturers that moved to gun friendly states.
well one of our largest companies here is Ocean State Job Lot.....(think of some thing like Family Dollar or Dollar General). they had "planned" on expanding yet again to a more larger warehouse........

the money this company generates is astounding....

construction alone would be creating hundreds of jobs, as well as jobs for more drivers, stockers, etc...goobner told them, "if you wanna move, move".....

great business sense from this beech.......

http://oceanstatejoblot.com/

well one of our largest companies here is Ocean State Job Lot.....(think of some thing like Family Dollar or Dollar General). they had "planned" on expanding yet again to a more larger warehouse........

the money this company generates is astounding....

construction alone would be creating hundreds of jobs, as well as jobs for more drivers, stockers, etc...goobner told them, "if you wanna move, move".....

great business sense from this beech.......

http://oceanstatejoblot.com/

The dingbat's solution would be to just raise taxes on the businesses that stay in the state to make up for lost revenue for any that leave.