FedEx Freight | What are your thoughts on what Fedex will do next in March?

Sounds good in theory, but i really don't see a buyout at all. they making great money even in a ****ty economy(bonus proves results). Why would they pay when they can just have drivers on furlough and not really cost them anything. I'm sure though there are quite a few drivers who would jump at the chance at any buy out money cause there already thinking of leaving. to me , its just a rumor that will not amount to anything. if it happens then god bless all the drivers that take it and then enjoy there retirement.
Old drivers are expensive to maintain in any economy.
Statistically, they have 4x the medical issues, they're topped out in pay, and get more paid off time.

If they can replace a 25yr man who's 60 with high BP, diabetes and on the verge of triple bypass with a healthy, 23yr old, they'll make that trade.
You both make great points!
But I would question the replacement of that 60 year old with a 23 y.o. with today's caliber of driver.
The damage they do to equipment is on an even keel with the cost of that bypass if not more when you consider the liability cost with that young driver.
Of course this is just my opinion.

More layoffs. In my opinion it isn’t going to get better anytime soon. This has been coming as clear as the sun rises in the east for a good while now. Thank god a big majority of the country voted in a manner that will make it all better

I'm guessing they are either going to ask those on furlough already if they want to continue or possibly everyone comes back and they have another round in March. I've talked to a few guys who weren't interested in it for winter but would be for spring that have high seniority, so I'm guessing they won't be happy if they let the current guys just stay on without doing it all over again. I wish they would say whoever took it last time can't take it again so middle of the pack guys interested (like myself) would get a shot at it, but I know that won't happen and I get it, still would be nice tho lol. I guess we'll find our pretty soon March is around the corner.

I'm guessing they are either going to ask those on furlough already if they want to continue or possibly everyone comes back and they have another round in March. I've talked to a few guys who weren't interested in it for winter but would be for spring that have high seniority, so I'm guessing they won't be happy if they let the current guys just stay on without doing it all over again. I wish they would say whoever took it last time can't take it again so middle of the pack guys interested (like myself) would get a shot at it, but I know that won't happen and I get it, still would be nice tho lol. I guess we'll find our pretty soon March is around the corner.

We were told this furlough only applies for the period ending in March. If it's determined that furloughs are necessary after that, they would do them again starting from square 1. Everybody would come back and they'd do the same process they did in November.

If they do another one, drivers are going to start jumping ship. My old barn had guys take it, and there are still a dozen bid runs called off every day, on top of 1/3 of the city guys not running.

Did you read your own article?

Literally EVERY point they make is incorrect in regards to an LtL driver.
Experience is the only relevant point. Teaching younger employees? None of these kids listen, not wasting my time. Job jumping? Lot of older drivers want, don’t need, the money; screw around too much..bye bye. Help sell? GTFO.

I feel sorry for the guys getting cut and having to stay home, but if I was one of those guys I would be jumping ship if there was a new one to jump on. Fed ex is pretty much holding those guys hostage and it's tuff to watch.You can't over hire, especially when a demtia ridden Democrat is president or any Democrat for that matter.

I remember my grandfather retiring from IL Bell in 1984 with company paid health insurance through retirement used to be common benefits.
Yes, but remember you usually had to work for just one company back in the "old days" in order to get a good pension. "Vesting" was a long time thing or else nonexistent.

Given the amount of purchase at all major hubs. Definitely layoffs, possible extended furloughs, but I doubt it.

The simple answer is they can and will do whatever they want to in March. Our own people prefer it that way with no voice in anything to do with their employment, benefits, pay or otherwise. Depending on ANY bigwigs at ANY company to look down upon their employees with some sort of ambivalence, and to actually share a piece of the pie with those upon who’s labor made it all possible will NEVER HAPPEN.

The simple answer is they can and will do whatever they want to in March. Our own people prefer it that way with no voice in anything to do with their employment, benefits, pay or otherwise. Depending on ANY bigwigs at ANY company to look down upon their employees with some sort of ambivalence, and to actually share a piece of the pie with those upon who’s labor made it all possible will NEVER HAPPEN.
Preach brother! Glad to see you here.