What Book Are You Reading Now?

Last Of The Breed- Louis L' Amour

Last of the Breed, a 1987 book by Louis L'Amour, tells the fictional story of Native American United States Air Force pilot Major Joseph Makatozi, shot down by the Soviets over the ocean between Russia and Alaska and then captured. Although the exact time is never stated, it appears to be the mid- to late 1980s, as Mikhail Gorbachev's rise to power is mentioned. It was L'Amour's second-to-last published novel.
en.wikipedia.org · Text under CC-BY-SA license

Sounds interesting.

Last of the Breed, a 1987 book by Louis L'Amour, tells the fictional story of Native American United States Air Force pilot Major Joseph Makatozi, shot down by the Soviets over the ocean between Russia and Alaska and then captured. Although the exact time is never stated, it appears to be the mid- to late 1980s, as Mikhail Gorbachev's rise to power is mentioned. It was L'Amour's second-to-last published novel.
en.wikipedia.org · Text under CC-BY-SA license

Sounds interesting.
Very good book. You'd enjoy it..

Sticking with George Orwell for now. Just reread 1984. It's remarkable the parallels to todays leftists. Presently reading another Orwell book, The Road To Wigan Pier. Contains some interesting observations on the state of class in England in the 1930's. The devastating effects of wide scale unemployment for coal miners.

Today I bought the June edition of Readers Digest. I got tired of my 2009 edition.

Last edited:
I visited the library for the first time in a few years. I'd been getting my books from other sources. Anyway from the Jemez Springs NM library I checked out the book Go Set A Watchman, by Harper Lee. Actually written before To Kill A Mockingbird, with some of the same characters.

The King James version of the Bible.
After waking up each morning I get on my i-mac.
I start my day by going to my favorite Bible website,to read the verse of the day.

The King James version of the Bible.
After waking up each morning I get on my i-mac.
I start my day by going to my favorite Bible website,to read the verse of the day.
I start my day by reading the comics in the Albuquerque Journal. Later on I watch yesterdays NBC News on my computer.
To balance the news out, I go to I Heart Radio or Netflix and listen to standup comedy.

So late last night I'm home alone reading my Stephen King novel. The book is getting weirder and the phone rings. I don't hear a message so I keep reading. Finally I get up to see who has called. There is no message on my answering machine but my caller ID shows: I have no name.

The horse called you?

Still revisiting dystopia. Reread Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury last week and started Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

Went to the library today and checked out the book Marilyn Monroe, by Donald Spoto. 611 pages of .....