What changes have you witnessed so far due to the ELD mandate?

roadscholar88

TB Lurker
Credits
Have you noticed a decrease in capacity due to such (any examples)? Are you seeing an increase in rates shippers are willing to pay to get freight moved? What issues are you facing as a driver? Overall, how do you feel about the mandate?

Have you noticed a decrease in capacity due to such (any examples)? Are you seeing an increase in rates shippers are willing to pay to get freight moved? What issues are you facing as a driver? Overall, how do you feel about the mandate?
Mostly see an increase from the ones complaining about when they can drive, not drive, or sleep. But those are the same ones who would get creative with their pen on a paper log. What ticks them off now is, they cannot manipulate the ELD. There is accountability now....

There is a way to fudge the e.l.d. yet it's not much (maybe 30 minutes and not the half hour break), but it takes Patience to learn so much activity is not wide spread.
Speed limits are being ignored as well other negatives impacting the industry as a whole and drivers are simply MORE impatient as well becoming patients at emergency rooms and morgues.

Since I'm running local, I still have need of the coloring/comic books.

Do what YOU NEED to keep YOU SAFE!

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
CHEERS!!

I haven't heard shippers and receivers tell me it's going to be a wait after arriving

It used to happen several times a month

On April 1st (unless, somehow it's a federal joke), THE E.L.D. REQUIREMENT will be fully implemented.
The MAIN problem is that MANY Officers and d.o.t. "officials" do not fully understand HOW the system performs therein they'll be handing out Citations as well putting Drivers O.O.S. along with C.S.A. Points.
These undereducated folk will also be relying on WE THE TRUCKERS to educate them, so go figure.
Do Your part and do not educate those that may well put you Out Of Service.

Rest area's, truck stops, and the like are a lot fuller now with trucks sitting for 30 min. guy's just sitting there watching the clock bored to death, when it hits 30, out they go, more tired than before