SEFL | What changes will make Sefl a better place?

LTLIndentured

TB Veteran
Credits
What changes would you Sefl employees like to see? After spending so much of my working life at Sefl, I hate that I look for reasons to want to stay here. What will make Sefl a great place to work and separate us from other ltl companies?

I've got 18 years in here. I was a p&d driver for 10 years and I hated coming to work everyday most city drivers know what I mean. I use to enjoy being a line haul driver but there has been so much change done in the last few years that I'm dreading going to work at night. I've finally been able to take a fast turn run. Let me say this to the p&d guys who a considering moving to line haul. If you have to start on a system run i would advise to stay in the city. It is not worth it with this company to stay gone all week. I don't know why we even have system runs with as big as this company is.

I've got 18 years in here. I was a p&d driver for 10 years and I hated coming to work everyday most city drivers know what I mean. I use to enjoy being a line haul driver but there has been so much change done in the last few years that I'm dreading going to work at night. I've finally been able to take a fast turn run. Let me say this to the p&d guys who a considering moving to line haul. If you have to start on a system run i would advise to stay in the city. It is not worth it with this company to stay gone all week. I don't know why we even have system runs with as big as this company is.
I considered line haul, but am now leaning more toward Fedex p&d. $2 per hour more plus ot after 8. Wife wants me home with her and kids at night

We got to many bids if you ask me and not enough system drivers get rid of all these scabs hauling our freight and maybe some guys can get some miles i run the system and average about 2500 miles a week some weeks a little more but when you break it down thats a avg of over 500 miles a day and coming from a terminal that dont have but one 500 mile bid i come out ahead 95% of the time over our bid drivers if you dont have enough freight to cover a lane round trip then it needs to be cut and handed out on the extra board what goes on around here is to much crying guys sighn up for system as follows WE ARE OPINING UP A SYSTEM RUN YOU WILL STAY GONE MONDAY- FRIDAY OR SUNDAY THREW FRIDAY if your not prepared or dont want to stay gone,the whole week dont fking sign the dang thing then cry about it a few days out that you need to get home if southeastern went back,to,the old way of running linehaul we would have less cry babies out here and people feeling there pockets full of money but just like anything else cry to mangment and you cry enough there going to change it this place caters to,cry babies to much

We got to many bids if you ask me and not enough system drivers get rid of all these scabs hauling our freight and maybe some guys can get some miles i run the system and average about 2500 miles a week some weeks a little more but when you break it down thats a avg of over 500 miles a day and coming from a terminal that dont have but one 500 mile bid i come out ahead 95% of the time over our bid drivers if you dont have enough freight to cover a lane round trip then it needs to be cut and handed out on the extra board what goes on around here is to much crying guys sighn up for system as follows WE ARE OPINING UP A SYSTEM RUN YOU WILL STAY GONE MONDAY- FRIDAY OR SUNDAY THREW FRIDAY if your not prepared or dont want to stay gone,the whole week dont fking sign the dang thing then cry about it a few days out that you need to get home if southeastern went back,to,the old way of running linehaul we would have less cry babies out here and people feeling there pockets full of money but just like anything else cry to mangment and you cry enough there going to change it this place caters to,cry babies to much
Wow you the nerve to call who SE outsource freight too scabs. Your hilarious!!!!!!

I considered line haul, but am now leaning more toward Fedex p&d. $2 per hour more plus ot after 8. Wife wants me home with her and kids at night
I think FedEx around my woods they have a flex ops of OT after 8&10 remember they have it setup to where if you do get OT will be very slim.

Wait on me I'll be nice enough to carry you to the dairy queen but if your really up there check out that grill in that gas station beside the dq I think it's a bp you can get your money worth in there well you use to
I appreciate that but Tobin doesn't want his trucks in NE Ohio. Teamster territory and they we way pension is going if he did come. Bigger chance of areas locals becoming very driver friendly.

I appreciate that but Tobin doesn't want his trucks in NE Ohio. Teamster territory and they we way pension is going if he did come. Bigger chance of areas locals becoming very driver friendly.
Already in southern Ohio just getting a little taste and that union mess they have kept it out for this long sure they will continue them guys in Atlanta did threaten it one time then bill and his dad took a little ride over to the terminal told them if they did they needed to start looking a job because they would shut that terminal down it don't make a difference to me union or non union all these places are the same just a different colored truck going down the highway if a guy don't like it at southeastern he ain't going to like it at FedEx if a guy don't like it at yrc freight he ain't gona like it at abf if you don't like it at Holland you ain't gona like it at estes and so on and so on best thing to do is just have your name on the side of the door and call it a day

Already in southern Ohio just getting a little taste and that union mess they have kept it out for this long sure they will continue them guys in Atlanta did threaten it one time then bill and his dad took a little ride over to the terminal told them if they did they needed to start looking a job because they would shut that terminal down it don't make a difference to me union or non union all these places are the same just a different colored truck going down the highway if a guy don't like it at southeastern he ain't going to like it at FedEx if a guy don't like it at yrc freight he ain't gona like it at abf if you don't like it at Holland you ain't gona like it at estes and so on and so on best thing to do is just have your name on the side of the door and call it a day
I would make more money in the short term with more job security if Sefl went union. Long term the union would bankrupt us like it is doing yrc unless the other large carriers went Union also

I would make more money in the short term with more job security if Sefl went union. Long term the union would bankrupt us like it is doing yrc unless the other large carriers went Union also
You must not go off what you hear. Go by what you know Google offers plenty of past articles and you find out what causes yrc's mess last name zollars.

That's where your wrong the union ain't fk up yrc, yrc fkd it's on self up by buying up roadway Holland redeway new Penn and the rest of them that's where yrc fkd up at and not to sound rude but I worked at southeastern for 9 years Holland for 2.5 and back here at southeastern you don't want the union in over here there is no benefit of the union anymore and no disrespect to any teamsters out there but just ask one what kind of letter they got in the mail this week from the good ole union i got one to and it's a big slap in the face the pension is done for slashed in half probably more and ain't going to be there when guys start to retire and or ain't going to have nothing to retire on and job security what a joke iv seen more guys fired over at Holland than I ever have at southeastern lol they get there jobs back but it's the dang headache at least over here you come in clock in do your thing or try to they leave you alone but southeastern really needs to do something with there wild run linehaul drivers guranted 8 hours at least if they can't run us over 330 miles