Estes | what comes around, goes around

rjjr

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone else seeing purchased transportation being used by our competitors ? Several times now I have seen C.R.S.T. pulling R&L sets. Also see a lot of this odd company, out of Chicago, pulling Fed Ex trls on the weekends. I guess it's a sight for modern times.. so get used to it

[quote author=rjjr link=topic=79230.msg821674#msg821674 date=1271269017]

Anyone else seeing purchased transportation being used by our competitors ? Several times now I have seen C.R.S.T. pulling R&L sets. Also see a lot of this odd company, out of Chicago, pulling Fed Ex trls on the weekends. I guess it's a sight for modern times.. so get used to it
[/quote]

Estes has been using "Purchased Transportation" for over 10 years..I know they have been pulling out of ATL for that long..FedEX Ground is nothing but contractors..They have no company drivers..Whether you are leased to or trip leasing,it's still purchased transportation.."Modern times" have been here for a while now,in the freight industry..

[quote author=Starkravinloon link=topic=79230.msg821708#msg821708 date=1271280744]
[quote author=rjjr link=topic=79230.msg821674#msg821674 date=1271269017]

[/quote]

Estes has been using "Purchased Transportation" for over 10 years..I know they have been pulling out of ATL for that long..FedEX Ground is nothing but contractors..They have no company drivers..Whether you are leased to or trip leasing,it's still purchased transportation.."Modern times" have been here for a while now,in the freight industry..
[/quote]With the increasing costs, I wouldn't be suprised to see more outside guys.

So this purchased transportation is the solution to abandoning "marketing alliance" or taking advantage of soft market now, that has trucks running for less just to have something to do ? Or a combination of both ?

Truckers are dumb enough to drive for minimum wage and companies like ours gladly take advantage of it.

[quote author=mildew link=topic=79230.msg821879#msg821879 date=1271347890]
Truckers are dumb enough to drive for minimum wage and companies like ours gladly take advantage of it.

Sums it up in one quick sentence

[quote author=rjjr link=topic=79230.msg821856#msg821856 date=1271338339]

So this purchased transportation is the solution to abandoning "marketing alliance" or taking advantage of soft market now, that has trucks running for less just to have something to do ? Or a combination of both ?
[/quote]

Survival in the wild,my freind..Survival in the wild..I don't know if you were ever an owner-operator or not,but this kind of thing goes on every day..Market allowance means nothing to those who want to survive..Get as much as you can,while you can..Screw the rest..