ODFL | What do you do when running out of time?

The 2 hr adverse weather exemption is different than the 16 hr short haul exemption. There is no limit on the 2 hr adverse weather conditions and the 16 hr rule can be used more than once in a 7 day period has long has there was a 34 hr restart.
Yes, correct on the 34 he reset, but how many of those are you going to do in 7 days also?

15477215-84CD-49D1-B6F4-5EF63FB18F4E.md.jpg

I used a particle board I found in a dumpster when I was stranded , the board snapped into a mess of busted up small pieces and made a mess the next driver to use the truck must have wondered what the heck do these people do in here
I custom cut for a Diamond a two inch thick yea wide slab out of I think Cypress or oak. It was pricey. But I took it from truck to truck. One day it vanished. Oh well. Bunch of alibaba and 40 thieves.

Yes, correct on the 34 he reset, but how many of those are you going to do in 7 days also?

15477215-84CD-49D1-B6F4-5EF63FB18F4E.md.jpg
I agree. I was just noting that the 2 exemptions are completely different and that the other poster is correct that there are no restrictions and no 34 hr restart needed to use the adverse driving conditions. Using it everyday and has much has you want like he stated would really be pushing your luck if something were to happen. I myself use neither exemption, I catch a ride….

The 2 hr adverse weather exemption is different than the 16 hr short haul exemption. There is no limit on the 2 hr adverse weather conditions and the 16 hr rule can be used more than once in a 7 day period has long has there was a 34 hr restart.
Thank you night owl

I've run out of time twice within 20 miles of the terminal since getting the computers, 1st time terminal manager met me and a city driver brought the equipment in ,no issues.
2nd time the outbound supervisor said "that isn't my problem" so I called Central and Rex answered the phone when I told him what the outbound sup said Rex replied "we'll see who's problem that is" the Sup was there to pick me up 15 minutes later.. Your terminal doesn't have the last word in these matters...

I've run out of time twice within 20 miles of the terminal since getting the computers, 1st time terminal manager met me and a city driver brought the equipment in ,no issues.
2nd time the outbound supervisor said "that isn't my problem" so I called Central and Rex answered the phone when I told him what the outbound sup said Rex replied "we'll see who's problem that is" the Sup was there to pick me up 15 minutes later.. Your terminal doesn't have the last word in these matters...
Excellent. I’ve had a dispatcher tell me the same thing, I still pulled over and shut her down. When we first got the computers I was pulling into the yard almost to the gate and hit the zero. I got a educational discussion and a write up the next day. That’s why I now follow the law. That’s even if I am at the gate.

I might give them an hour to come relieve me, anymore than that I'm locking everything up and calling Über(presenting the receipt to the t/m later) or my wife and going home and they can figure it all out (after all, I'm outta hours )
We had a city driver a few years ago during a major snowstorm, ran out of hours, no way to get back to the yard because Portland couldn’t keep up with the plows and multiple wrecks. He drove the truck home and went to bed, wasn’t that far off the interstate. Limped it in the next morning and was asked to clean his truck out. The line trucks were stuck on the interstate for I believe it was for 8 hours, plus the time of their runs. They were within 5 miles of the yard.

I once stopped for the night at a little McDonalds in Ohio. A jumping place with truck parking, early Friday night and so on.

Reciever was 20 minutes away waiting on me. Since it was a floor load and they were closed on monday my logs ran out the 70 right there.

Turned it in on satellite and requested new appt for monday am. No HOS etc.

As luck would have it they did not have a ******* truck within the time left to get my load in. Receiver was closing.

The rest of that weekend in that little town was something I'll keep for myself. Starting with the bowling alley they had.

We had a city driver a few years ago during a major snowstorm, ran out of hours, no way to get back to the yard because Portland couldn’t keep up with the plows and multiple wrecks. He drove the truck home and went to bed, wasn’t that far off the interstate. Limped it in the next morning and was asked to clean his truck out. The line trucks were stuck on the interstate for I believe it was for 8 hours, plus the time of their runs. They were within 5 miles of the yard.
line trucks stuck on the road for hrs from good decisions made by TB and DB I guess in right?????..