ODFL | What do you do when running out of time?

I’m close to retiring so other month I drive that bish in on the red and no telling no one.. still ain’t heard back..,

right person reading this give me an award
That’s the enjoyment of retirement Billy, I have no worries about sharing some of the shortcuts, log calculations (paper log day’s,) going off route to get around accident closures and other things no one knew about. Hahaha. These newbies can have fun with their automatics, 14 camera’s and computers, governed speed and everything. Give me a real truck with no top end with a 13 speed and we’ll go trucking.

And again any OD Driver who uses the Exemption will get wrote up and possible termination in OD Equipment..OD doesn’t allow anyone to use this option.Beware!
just curious, are P&D allowed? From my understanding, that 'rule' was put into place for P&D drivers. I'm guessing line haul are not allowed to use it?

just curious, are P&D allowed? From my understanding, that 'rule' was put into place for P&D drivers. I'm guessing line haul are not allowed to use it?
No OD Driver P&D or Line haul are allowed..OD doesn't use the Exemption..I personally know several X Driver's who used the weather exemption and they got wrote up..My opinion is it's up to the driver to decide if the risk is worth the gain for the slap on the wrist.lol

No OD Driver P&D or Line haul are allowed..OD doesn't use the Exemption..I personally know several X Driver's who used the weather exemption and they got wrote up..My opinion is it's up to the driver to decide if the risk is worth the gain for the slap on the wrist.lol
How long do we got to bicker over this? My gosh, I went and used it and got written up and talked to. I never used it again. I laid down if I knew that I wasn’t going to make it. Grumpy, you’re right it isn’t allowed at OD. Plain and simple. Plan your trip and make your adjustments as you see fit. If dispatch says keep on coming, you park in a safe place and refuse. Who gets the letter you or dispatch. My gosh children, drive according to the OD standards whether you agree or not. Otherwise quit and move on.

I never really looked for that exemption on our elogs, to be honest. My last company had it, but only the local guys were allowed to use it. I still find it funny seeing the Sleeper line on my logs, since I drive a daycab. Just me. Guess my mind is still OTR somewhat.

I never really looked for that exemption on our elogs, to be honest. My last company had it, but only the local guys were allowed to use it. I still find it funny seeing the Sleeper line on my logs, since I drive a daycab. Just me. Guess my mind is still OTR somewhat.
You must not be working hard in bad weather driver to never notice,,, us drivers with determination to get home found it long time ago hahahha,,..

You must not be working hard in bad weather driver to never notice,,, us drivers with determination to get home found it long time ago hahahha,,..
believe it or not, I did start my driving career on paper logs and right when most companies(including the one I worked for) switched to elogs(2012), I was finally taught 'how to do that'. I know now, IF I have to do it, sadly, companies 'ping' your truck every 10-15 minutes so it can't be done, unless you want to lose your job or get wrote up. about 5 years back my elogs went down and I ran my ass off for 8 days before I had to get back to my terminal for them to be fixed. Most guys were jealous, I was tired and made a great check that week! lol