What Do You Love About Working At (your Company)? What Do You Hate?

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
I love the pay at Sysco, I love the people I work with, most of them, I like my job for the most part. I love the union. I love the fact that I have job security in foodservice.

I hate that I'm not appreciated, I take pride in what I do and for the most part it goes un-noticed, I hate being a slave to others, my job is time sensitive, I rely on others to do their job so I can be on time while doing mine. For instance if I took the hour and 10 min worth of breaks coming to me per contract, every night, I would be late every morning. No one in mgmt. seems to be held accountable for anything.

I like the money I make at Lipari Foods and I also enjoy the M-F work schedule. I despise the lack of attention to detail by most of the management staff in regards to how the trailers are loaded, and I don't just mean the "digging" for product that's required. One day a few weeks ago my trailer was shuttled in with the temperatures reversed - meaning the frozen compartment was set at 36 and the fresh compartment was set at 0. Of course, my frozen products were all thawed and crushed. I called my boss and got the standard "do the best you can" answer, which is exactly what I expected.

Routing issues are standard in this business, but I have given up trying to please customers to make their time windows. My 13th stop a few weeks ago had a 12:00pm cut off for receiving, obviously I didn't make it (I start at 5:00am) and then I had to listen to the customer complain. This is AFTER I had numerous discussions with our "lead driver" (he talks to the routing department everyday, but the regular drivers aren't permitted to talk to the dispatchers) about the account. This is extremely frustrating.

Another thing I don't like is the basic lack of communication between drivers and salesmen. Evidently, we're not allowed to contact the sales personnel for any reason. I want my salesmen to be aware of any issues we may have out here - I'm not paid by the hour, but by miles and cases. The more I deliver, the more I make. Obviously I want the customers to be happy.

I know I pointed out mostly things that I don't like about Lipari, but all in all it's a good place to work. If I had a 4 day week, I'd complain a lot less!

I love the money. Here on the space coast of Florida good paying jobs are hard to find. Most only pay in the mid 20s and want people with 5+ years of experience. So to have a job that makes over 50 a year is a God send and I love it. Now what do I hate.....hmmmm.....where shall I begin..

Like everyone else I have the same problems with routing and dispatch but the one that really gets me is having to call the credit department because a customer swears they have a credit coming and they want it taken off this invoice. Calling credit gets me put on hold usually for 20 minutes or so (like I have time for that) and resolving the issue takes another 10 - 15 minutes. Drives me nuts.

I love the money. Here on the space coast of Florida good paying jobs are hard to find. Most only pay in the mid 20s and want people with 5+ years of experience. So to have a job that makes over 50 a year is a God send and I love it. Now what do I hate.....hmmmm.....where shall I begin..

Like everyone else I have the same problems with routing and dispatch but the one that really gets me is having to call the credit department because a customer swears they have a credit coming and they want it taken off this invoice. Calling credit gets me put on hold usually for 20 minutes or so (like I have time for that) and resolving the issue takes another 10 - 15 minutes. Drives me nuts.

Dang BH, I figured the jobs would be better out there given the cost of living and all, how does one survive on 20 or 30 grand on the coast of FL?

Well GT in my case I used up my savings from when I lived in Ohio. My wife had a decent paying job but we slipped farther and farther behind. Now we are in the process of trying to play catch up but its going to be a long uphill run.

I love the pay at Sysco, I love the people I work with, most of them, I like my job for the most part. I love the union. I love the fact that I have job security in foodservice.

I hate that I'm not appreciated, I take pride in what I do and for the most part it goes un-noticed, I hate being a slave to others, my job is time sensitive, I rely on others to do their job so I can be on time while doing mine. For instance if I took the hour and 10 min worth of breaks coming to me per contract, every night, I would be late every morning. No one in mgmt. seems to be held accountable for anything.

take your breaks, **** their service times. they know how fast you work, if you have to skip your PAID breaks to make their times, you are donating money to a company that is ****ting on you, your local should back you up on that.

the only thing i see that i don't mind at US Foods is the fact that they aren't going anywhere, and the money is OK. its not great, considering how hard we work compared to other facets of truck driving, but the consistency somewhat makes up for that. I have decent ins, and they can't fire me.

otoh, they run the place like (⊙▃⊙)'s, between the clamping down on pointless things like the uniform policy, and the drive cams that are going to be installed, and some pointless new trailer lock policy, morale is universally low between the warehouse workers and drivers. they have the warehouse on an unrealistic performance standard, which "robs peter to pay paul", since if the warehouse selectors have to worry about being fast enough, they are building a very low quality load that ends up burying the driver with overtime. since drivers are paid a straight hourly wage, you would think that the warehouse should be put on a quality standard instead of a "hump and throw" standard.

I honestly think if these goons would get off everyones back for a couple of months, the morale could possibly improve to where they would see a financial gain. But don't tell them that, they know EVERYTHING!

e4ujeqam.jpg

I like the customers who give me coffee!

Sent from my Sexy Chick Magnet Smart Phone using Tapatalk 2

I rarely get feed but it is nice to have a regular customer who does feed you. My guess is that I just don't look hungry.

Sent from my Sexy Chick Magnet Smart Phone using Tapatalk 2

yea it is nice i have a key drop on monday and thursday that makes me a meal and puts it in the cooler with a note thatis nice. to say they good service.

yea it is nice i have a key drop on monday and thursday that makes me a meal and puts it in the cooler with a note thatis nice. to say they good service.

Every Wednesday I have a stop that makes me a sandwich. Everytime I walk in the backdoor, my sandwich is sitting there waiting for me, wrapped and ready to go. They see me coming, lol. That is one of many that likes to feed me.

I have one coffee house that, if I deliver during open hours, makes me a coffee... Just the way I like it: 4-6 shots, sweet but not too sweet. LOVE it when I'm running late and get there during open hours, lol. Makes rushing to catch up worth it!

Haha... I tell my boyfriend that she ( the girl at the coffee house) is my girlfriend!

Dammit RR, I know full well that the girls at Groceria Italiana fed you!!!!! I used to want to take a nap after I delivered there!!

I get a free bag of cookies from one of my backhauls. Start going there every Wednesday in a couple weeks. They got the best cookies to.

I like my job cuz its steady. For the most part its laid back and I get along with everyone

Things I hate are how the drivers are treated compared to everyone else. They treat the salesman like kings and queens. If the salesmans or warehouse screw up its no big deal. But if a driver messes up and forgets to deliver a case or 2 they act like it's going to be the end of the world. The drivers haven't gotten a raise in 4 years but I'm sure everyone else has. We have lots of equipment that has over a million miles on them.

Dammit RR, I know full well that the girls at Groceria Italiana fed you!!!!! I used to want to take a nap after I delivered there!!

Nope they never did but the old lady tried to set me up with her granddaughter many times. Said something about a POS husband she has, lol. Now, Laborla's is Monroeville, man I miss those pepperoni rolls, lol.

Back to the topic....I hate that my warehouse is making an already tough job, even tougher, there has to be a better way, I feel like top and mid level mgmt doesn't care because they are pushing it out the doors, no one is held accountable, except the drivers.

There must be a better way!!!! Stop hiding cases, its not a game, its our living, you hide cases Mr. Selector, I short the customer, I'm finding them later, I refuse to drive all over the countryside scattering shorts about, it hurts us all!

I just wish we all worked together. I've about had it.

On the other hand, I love delivering groceries, its what I do, in a small way it defines who I am, I love serving those that need it, and appreciate it. I hope that makes sense.

Yep GT you are nuts. I do enjoy delivering groceries especially on my WI overnight route. I love my WI route. But other then that. There are days where I hate this job. I ran into a core-Mark driver and he said there job is way easier then mine. He said he doesn't know how we do it and told me to go work there. But I'm pretty sure I don't want to push a 2 wheeler forever

Yep GT you are nuts. I do enjoy delivering groceries especially on my WI overnight route. I love my WI route. But other then that. There are days where I hate this job. I ran into a core-Mark driver and he said there job is way easier then mine. He said he doesn't know how we do it and told me to go work there. But I'm pretty sure I don't want to push a 2 wheeler forever

I can't blame you for not wanting to push a 2 wheeler forever, it will eventually make an old man out of you.