What Do You Love About Working At (your Company)? What Do You Hate?

I like my job but hate the hours I have to work. I work the night shift and home sleeping during the day. It pays ok but can pay more if they don't jack with the routes three times a year.

No shuttle's and some key drops. I deliver to McDonald's in the Kansas city area. So it all overnight and long hours. I like my job but it hard on the kids. But I got to keep my head because it pays the bills and puts food on the table.

So far I like my new job because of the hours, pay and bosses. I get to meet the new KC boss Monday, so we'll see how that goes. I haven't started the actual shuttle yet (Wednesday night), but I'm sure it'll be great.

I don't like the nosey bodies that every company seems to have. If it doesn't affect you, butt out!

Guardrail

So far I like my new job because of the hours, pay and bosses. I get to meet the new KC boss Monday, so we'll see how that goes. I haven't started the actual shuttle yet (Wednesday night), but I'm sure it'll be great.

I don't like the nosey bodies that every company seems to have. If it doesn't affect you, butt out!

Guardrail
So Guardrail where do you work at?

Don't you worry non, JBH, will have that route soon enough, you can't swing a dead cat around here w/o hitting a JBH, driver that has taken over a food delivery route.

Don't you worry non, JBH, will have that route soon enough, you can't swing a dead cat around here w/o hitting a JBH, driver that has taken over a food delivery route.

Where is here? I assume you mean JB Hunt, dedicated contract services, they are taking all the good private trucking jobs, my very first job in trucking Daylight Donuts, got took over by them, one of the best jobs in trucking ruined.

I'm not going to start worrying just yet. GFS is over 100 years old. I doubt JB Hunt will take over anytime soon.

Guardrail

JB Hunt won't take over GFS. Gordon actually cares about there employees. But I am worried that someday it could happen at EMJ. It's already happened to a couple steel companies around here

I don't see JB taking over the transportation side of my company. The company has been owned by the same family for 137 years, they have rejected offers by many others in the past to go to a third party(3PL) for the transportation.

I don't see JB taking over the transportation side of my company. The company has been owned by the same family for 137 years, they have rejected offers by many others in the past to go to a third party(3PL) for the transportation.

Ah, but somewhere during that 137 years, they treated the workers poorly enough that they sought union representation. So anythings possible, money talks Brother, not saying it will happen, and it probably wont, but none of us ever in a million years thought Daylight Donuts would cast their drivers aside that some had 15-20 yrs with the company, for JB Hunt DCS, but they did.

First two official runs went like clockwork. The only issue was my delivery driver that uses my truck during the day thought it would be OK to spit his chew spit out the window. Besides the nasty brown streaks down the side of the truck, plenty blew back in on the inside of the windshield

I told him that was unacceptable. Who would think it was OK to do this?

Guardrail

First two official runs went like clockwork. The only issue was my delivery driver that uses my truck during the day thought it would be OK to spit his chew spit out the window. Besides the nasty brown streaks down the side of the truck, plenty blew back in on the inside of the windshield

Guardrail

Why don't he use a pop bottle? Who the hell spits chew out the window? I chew tobacco but you would never know it because I pick up after myself, my buddy smokes but no one knows because he cleans up, the truck don't even smell like it, simply because he cleans.

I hope you get it resolved.

Guardrail

It ok to do this, you both have to drive the truck.

Ah, but somewhere during that 137 years, they treated the workers poorly enough that they sought union representation. So anythings possible, money talks Brother, not saying it will happen, and it probably wont, but none of us ever in a million years thought Daylight Donuts would cast their drivers aside that some had 15-20 yrs with the company, for JB Hunt DCS, but they did.

It's nice to have protection against that and sale of the company written into the contract ;)