SEFL | What do you love about working here and what do you hate about working here.

Over the last year or two we have gotten new m2 freight liners with Cummings or Detroit engines matched up with an Allison automatic. They don't jerk your body around the cab like the older m2s with the c9 cats

You are considered to be of the wrong culture and not a good fit for Sefl if you disagree with leadership. Too much disagreement and you will find yourself elsewhere; by choice. They don't terminate for bad attitudes, but they will make you want to quit instead by giving you the opposite of what you want or like.

They will run you in the ground, and if you complain, the next day they'll drive you even deeper into the ground! Saw 1 guy there that had been there 33yrs and when he retired, he didn't even get a pat on the back, SCM didn't even OFFER a retirement party.
They care nothing about your family and your life as long as you are performing to their standard. Then when you start under performing, better watch out cause you will be getting a lil citation (coreective action), and after, 3 YOU'RE FIRED (guess that's what I love about the union, get 3 letters and you still retain your job. May not have a pension, but you do have job security).

They will run you in the ground, and if you complain, the next day they'll drive you even deeper into the ground! Saw 1 guy there that had been there 33yrs and when he retired, he didn't even get a pat on the back, SCM didn't even OFFER a retirement party.
They care nothing about your family and your life as long as you are performing to their standard. Then when you start under performing, better watch out cause you will be getting a lil citation (coreective action), and after, 3 YOU'RE FIRED (guess that's what I love about the union, get 3 letters and you still retain your job. May not have a pension, but you do have job security).

Did you ever work at SEFL? I'm not doubting your word, really just curious if it was a first hand account.

You are considered to be of the wrong culture and not a good fit for Sefl if you disagree with leadership. Too much disagreement and you will find yourself elsewhere; by choice. They don't terminate for bad attitudes, but they will make you want to quit instead by giving you the opposite of what you want or like.

You better fit the pyramid. Lol.
I know they live and breathe the pyramid here.

I almost feel like I'm Jim Carey in "The Truman show". It's a little too perfect on the surface.

I think they should give us more money on the uniform allowance. It's unfair they require you to wear all these things but don't give you enough money to purchase full sets of uniforms. You have to decide between pants or shirts. The rest will come out of pocket of course.

If you require me to wear black pants then you should give me enough money to purchase some.

You better fit the pyramid. Lol.
I know they live and breathe the pyramid here.

I almost feel like I'm Jim Carey in "The Truman show". It's a little too perfect on the surface.
The pyramid, what a joke. SEFL is good about preaching culture and maybe 15 to 20 years ago, may have actually lived it. Now, is just a punch line in the IQ meetings. I've confronted not just my SCM but regional VP and VP of linehaul operations about living our culture but what it boils down to is they don't give a flying f*** about you or your family. They do pay me enough to put up with their bulls**t for a while longer but I read the classifieds every day. I personally know friends who have left and know that there is life after SEFL. OK rants over.