Averitt | What do you Love about working here? What do you Hate about working here?

Who ever inherits T 21564 will get a pulling machine that will run circles around my new truck and any automatic I have run into and comes equipped with polished fuel tanks !

I had the option,I've always wanted an automatic, and a factory aux. plug, plus I have missed my engine brake badly. I love the controls on the wheel, they even flash the lights and markers in the daytime with the lights off ! I'm a happy trucker, being the dominate hill climbing male just doesn't entice me enough to keep it for that reason only.

The electronic logs are a good deal, will NEVER go back to paper. I don't care about the dash cams, I've been thinking about getting one my self. Take a look in the nose of the new trailers....
The reason Conway has them is that their drivers are EFFIN pricks to begin with.. Company wide....PRICKS!

Man, really I'm not a ***** don't hate on me bc I make a better wage and treated a little better, I had a choice and I choose blue instead of red. Good luck:clapping:

That's a good thing runningfor48 since you already work at Conway, personally I will take my lower wages and a fast turn and burn 9 hr. run any day verses freezing and sweating my rear off for 12+ hours a day. Averaging over 28.00 an hour from gate to gate suits me fine. But he you gotta do what you love and love what you do. I know several guys who seem to be content at Conway and are great guys. Red vs. Blue is about the only exception to the old saying "the only difference is the color of the truck" praise God only a very few of us are forced to work the dock, much less to run 11 hours or so and still have to work the dock. Been Red for 25 years and still loving every minute of it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good thing runningfor48 since you already work at Conway, personally I will take my lower wages and a fast turn and burn 9 hr. run any day verses freezing and sweating my rear off for 12+ hours a day. Averaging over 28.00 an hour from gate to gate suits me fine. But he you gotta do what you love and love what you do. I know several guys who seem to be content at Conway and are great guys. Red vs. Blue is about the only exception to the old saying "the only difference is the color of the truck" praise God only a very few of us are forced to work the dock, much less to run 11 hours or so and still have to work the dock. Been Red for 25 years and still loving every minute of it :)

Well said....Be safe out there, God Bless you :wink:

Worked for this outfit back in '08 for about a year, only issue I had was leaving the Jackson, Ms yard I think is where I was and got a message on my Quallcom because I had white socks on with shorts, apparently a big no no, other than that don't really have much bad to say. I did like the fact that they have terminals everywhere especially in the south so I would always plan to sleep on the yards and could stay away from the noisy truckstops!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Worked for this outfit back in '08 for about a year, only issue I had was leaving the Jackson, Ms yard I think is where I was and got a message on my Quallcom because I had white socks on with shorts, apparently a big no no, other than that don't really have much bad to say. I did like the fact that they have terminals everywhere especially in the south so I would always plan to sleep on the yards and could stay away from the noisy truckstops!!
I wear white socks every single day and have for over 15 years because dark socks tear my feet up. I also don't wear those goofy looking short pants. Never have and never will.
If the petrified wood that tries to manage this outfit would worry about important stuff rather than whether somebody has white socks or not it would be a far better place to work. The aging management team won't last forever and that is a really good thing.

I wear white socks every single day and have for over 15 years because dark socks tear my feet up. I also don't wear those goofy looking short pants. Never have and never will.
If the petrified wood that tries to manage this outfit would worry about important stuff rather than whether somebody has white socks or not it would be a far better place to work. The aging management team won't last forever and that is a really good thing.

I know what ya mean, when the kids are grown and I can move back down south I will probably come back to ya guys if I can't transfer with my current company, cause they are good to work.for as well!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I know alot of good drivers with tats too, some who have won truck driving rodeos.
I can understand everything but the tats......As long as they are not dis-respectful or offensive.....IE...Your childs name and birthday.....I can understand skulls and such.....But not things that honor people....Like a fallen brother that died in a war....Just another example....Sorry I know I don't work here and I hope I didn't offend anyone...Just my 2 cents.

Either no tats or wide open. I see them on our dock with neck tats and it depends on who it is. If you are of a certain "ethnicity", AE won't offend you by telling you to cover up tats. However, if you're a white guy, cover 'em up. Sorry to be frank but that is the truth.

The same with the hair. Our camp has more than 15 beard card guys. If you can bypass the rule that easily, why the hell have the rule?

Either no tats or wide open. I see them on our dock with neck tats and it depends on who it is. If you are of a certain "ethnicity", AE won't offend you by telling you to cover up tats. However, if you're a white guy, cover 'em up. Sorry to be frank but that is the truth.

Favoritism is a problem here, I see it on a daily, and I mean daily basis. It can be frustrating to deal with and it get's tough to turn your head and mind your business.

The part about a white guy or girl cant have tats is not true. Go to Memphis any morning and you will see tats on all types of people (fulltime).

The part about a white guy or girl cant have tats is not true. Go to Memphis any morning and you will see tats on all types of people (fulltime).

I was making a point. They are everywhere. I guess you can have a "Tat-card" that is similar to a beard card.

Drove for averitt from 07/12 to 07/13, only dislike i had was fm who thought he was god and would never respond to my questions but expected you to respond right away.

Drove for averitt from 07/12 to 07/13, only dislike i had was fm who thought he was god and would never respond to my questions but expected you to respond right away.
Hasn't changed. For a company with an "open door policy" they certainly don't listen to the rank and file.

After 19 years of Averitt, being gone from there is the best decision I ever made. I do not miss this training-wheel academy one bit.