Estes | What do you Love about working here? What do you Hate about working here?

I just applied for a combo/regional position. Will this be running the system being out all week or will I be home daily? Also how long does it take to hear from a recruiter? How long is the hiring process? I'm in food service (sysco) and need something new, badly!!! Been rolling groceries for over 5 years and it's old...
If it's Union don't leave try to get a shuttle position no more rolling groceries!

I love sleeping at the bunk houses and crappy hotels! I can't believe you guys put with these conditions?
I can’t believe you guys put up with these conditions? Should be a period and not a question mark since that is a statement and not a question. If you had said “why do you guys put up with these conditions?” then a question mark is appropriate.

I can’t believe you guys put up with these conditions? Should be a period and not a question mark since that is a statement and not a question. If you had said “why do you guys put up with these conditions?” then a question mark is appropriate.
Whether he’s making a statement or asking a question, he has a point there. I don’t understand why Estes still uses crappy bunkhouses. One thing is for sure, if you are unhappy you could try talking to the TM of that terminal or write an email to corporate. I knew someone who wrote an email to corporate about the conditions of bunks in 024 and next thing you know they redid the showers. I personally came off a
Lay down schedule because I felt like the rooms where not clean and they kept having bed bug issues and possibly even mold. The point is if you are unhappy, talk to someone in management. Estes is overall a pretty good company, so I’m not bashing them I just feel like they could do a little bit better

Whether he’s making a statement or asking a question, he has a point there. I don’t understand why Estes still uses crappy bunkhouses. One thing is for sure, if you are unhappy you could try talking to the TM of that terminal or write an email to corporate. I knew someone who wrote an email to corporate about the conditions of bunks in 024 and next thing you know they redid the showers. I personally came off a
Lay down schedule because I felt like the rooms where not clean and they kept having bed bug issues and possibly even mold. The point is if you are unhappy, talk to someone in management. Estes is overall a pretty good company, so I’m not bashing them I just feel like they could do a little bit better
How many terminals use bunk houses

How many terminals use bunk houses
Extra board is not required to use them and most bid guys don’t use them wether they’re forced to or not. The terminals that have bunk rooms that are active and kept up to my knowledge are : Jacksonville, Savannah, Atlanta 2, Florence SC, Charlotte, Greensboro, Richmond, Norfolk, Elkton MD, Harrisburg, West Middlesex PA, Toledo. Those are the ones I can think of right now. I’ve stayed in a lot of them at least once due to not being able to get a hotel/motel. They aren’t the most grand thing in the world but it’s a blessing at times. I’m not driving 100 miles to get a room on occasion when the town is sold out. They aren’t as bad as some of these guys would have you to believe. They all have shower facilities but keep an extra towel, rag and a set of sheets with you.

Extra board is not required to use them and most bid guys don’t use them wether they’re forced to or not. The terminals that have bunk rooms that are active and kept up to my knowledge are : Jacksonville, Savannah, Atlanta 2, Florence SC, Charlotte, Greensboro, Richmond, Norfolk, Elkton MD, Harrisburg, West Middlesex PA, Toledo. Those are the ones I can think of right now. I’ve stayed in a lot of them at least once due to not being able to get a hotel/motel. They aren’t the most grand thing in the world but it’s a blessing at times. I’m not driving 100 miles to get a room on occasion when the town is sold out. They aren’t as bad as some of these guys would have you to believe. They all have shower facilities but keep an extra towel, rag and a set of sheets with you.
I know for a fact that if you’re a schedule driver you will have to stay in Harrisburg’s bunkhouse, unless you are a female driver or they’re completely full. When I was running up there everyone but 1 female driver had to stay there. I then started paying for hotel but that got too expensive and defeated the purpose, therefore I came off run. They’ve had problems with bed bugs and mold before and I have higher standards. I’m pretty sure though that the other terminals it’s up to the drivers choice. But don’t let the bunkhouses deter you from working here. Estes is a pretty good company overall. Besides if you run xtraboard you get to go to hotels...

When you're in a sleeper and volunteer for FEMA but they pull you out of it to give to someone for FEMA. Ok. How the **** do I condense all my ::shit:: into a day cab. ****ing idiots but yet you have drivers complain about going into Brooklyn, Chicago and such. Smh

Speaking of bunk rooms: Someone should get a picture of the sign in the Dallas Shop. It used to be the Consolidated Freightways Bunk House. It says something like, " make sure you are decent, you are about to enter a common area."

I don't understand why all of the freight is not relayed up and down the road. This would have most of the drivers turning every
Night .save on motels, be able to attract more drivers by offering them home daily options, and the Company would not have to buy so many trucks for extra board. Yes there would be more slip seating city/ Linehaul but that's worth it to sleep in your own bed every day. The big plus would be
It would create some day time Linehaul runs. Fedex freight and XPO and a few others have their Linehaul set up like that , why cannot Estes ????

I don't understand why all of the freight is not relayed up and down the road. This would have most of the drivers turning every
Night .save on motels, be able to attract more drivers by offering them home daily options, and the Company would not have to buy so many trucks for extra board. Yes there would be more slip seating city/ Linehaul but that's worth it to sleep in your own bed every day. The big plus would be
It would create some day time Linehaul runs. Fedex freight and XPO and a few others have their Linehaul set up like that , why cannot Estes ????
You are right. They would save so much money on hotels. Richmond won't listen to us. They want to reinvent the wheel.

Be careful what you wish for, FEDX, XPO, and others run a bunch of outside carriers instead of company drivers. I work for R&L and we have guys sit at home while purchase Carriers run, especially on unbalanced lanes. I’d rather run a lay down than sit at home.

Be careful what you wish for, FEDX, XPO, and others run a bunch of outside carriers instead of company drivers. I work for R&L and we have guys sit at home while purchase Carriers run, especially on unbalanced lanes. I’d rather run a lay down than sit at home.
Not really, I know XPO does not do much of that and FedEx Freight recently hired a bunch of people to cover there own freight. They are kicking outside carriers to the curb. They cannot make service with them. They're not dependable and not suitable for next day or two day service.

Lay down runs aren't so bad, it's the out five days that isn't appealing to a lot of Driver's.

I'd take a lay down any day over this extraboard out 5.
Yep. They dont seem to run too many lay downs out West. Pretty much everything is a meet and turn, which is even better. I know they love the lay downs out East.

I'm extra right now, cant wait until bid time, I've had enough of the extraboard. I'll take a short run and swap trailers when I get back to make up for the lost miles. Extraboard is for the birds.