1. We have the Facebook and Twitter going again. We would appeciate a like or follow.

POLITICS What do you think?

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by Magoo, Jun 24, 2018.

1. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Hogwash.....that program never ever saved anyone a penny, not even the government, smoke, mirrors and BS. the cuts to hospitals not hurting anyone, hospice providers not hurt, people needing home healthcare, skilled nurses, advantage plus, nobody gets hurt in the supposed cuts to growth, now that I read it, go back and read it yourself.

DCM_Doc and jimmy g like this.
  2. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

'Two or three Hundred Billion here two or three hundred Billion there before long you are talking about a lot of money. Too many think the 'Government' has a lot of money. The government has no money, it is OUR tax dollars. They got drunk on giveaways while Obama was in power & still haven't sobered up. Doubling the National Debt during one presidential term will come back to haunt this country.

jimmy g and kboomarang like this.
  3. wtfteamster

wtfteamster Well-Known Member

The so called entitlements are benefits that you pay into out of your pay check every week.
    If anyone wants to cut real entitlements, delete the pensions and healthcare benefits of our elected leaders at the federal level, and let the taxpayers vote how much of a raise if any they should get.

Magoo likes this.
  4. Bubba74

Bubba74 I live Here

just shows how much smarter Reps are than Dems
    we understand hyperbole

the left takes everything literally

http://www.citypages.com/news/anarc...-attacking-minnesota-gop-candidates/497743261

when will the left condemn the violence

5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash GOOD CHOICE AMERICA. AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    More of your idiotic fear tactics without a single piece of evidence to point to.

6. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    Wow. You just make :shit: up don't you? How pathetic.

Side note: We are not a Democracy. Democracy is more like the mob rule that your side is committing in the streets.

jimmy g likes this.
  7. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    Tell us what he should do genius.
    :coffee1:

jimmy g likes this.
  8. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    If you are all set for life, why don't you STFU, especially since we are the ones paying for your lifestyle?

9. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    He was chirping, but it must have been muffled from Obama's desk.

10. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    Wrong. Some people don't pay anything in for their entire life, but they do suck the money out.

DCM_Doc, jimmy g and kboomarang like this.
  11. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
  12. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I understand that many folks on the right don't care if their neighbors can get medical care or not.
    I understand they have theirs and don't care about the rest of the people.
    Count yourself as one of the fortunate ones. But you never know what will happen next week, no one does.
    Obamacare was an attempt at getting all Americans health coverage.

13. Magoo

Now thats funny, I seen a lot of these Trump rally's and one only has to take a look at some of these people in the audience to know they are extremely susceptible to suggestions

14. kboomarang

Driver Since:
    That's all true and good, however an observant trip down to the social security office may clear up any confusion between "entitlement" and "benefit", because it's a real eye opener, and a scary one at that.

DCM_Doc likes this.
  15. Magoo

I don't know what you see down at the office but not many people go in person anymore all the stuff can be done at home by mail or on your computer

16. kboomarang

Driver Since:
    I saw the the young man carrying a cane while running for the elevator then watched him hobble into the waiting area, I noticed in a room with at least 50 people in it there was only 4 of us that looked retirement age, I saw more foreigners than Americans( I must say my appointment went smooth I didn't need an interpreter doing my speaking), it must be so handy for the fraudsters to do it online, there is fat and plenty of fraud there to cut, disability has turned it into a addition to welfare for far too many people.

17. Magoo

Foreigners are probably there to apply for their Social Security card so they can work.
    And it doesn't matter what you look like if your going to apply for disability if you don't have the doctors reports to back up your claim you aren't going nowhere. Nobody in that office will decide anyway thats all done far away and impersonal.
    I understand some seniors aren't computer savvy or don't have someone at home to help them so they go in.
    So you signed up congratulation's you got in before the republicans f it up.

18. kboomarang

Driver Since:
    I beg to differ, because everybody I know that went down there smelled rats too, and you have to remember I'm in leftist land we wouldn't dream of putting foreigners to work not after what the poor dears have already been through.

19. Magoo

They system is set up to deny people who don't want to qualify and jump through all the hoops.
    So you have a Congress run by Republican and control of the White House and you insinuating that Social Security is cheating the government and giving stuff away. Think about it how long would a administrator keep their job doing that?

More likely you witnessed the changing demographics up close and it it shocked you. White's will be the minority in 20 years your seeing it happen. It's mostly the poor who go in person to that place everyone else for the most part can do it online or by phone.
    So you seen the poor and it's a bit shocking isn't it, we don't like to see them, its something in another country not here.
    Many may have been the homeless also.
    There is a State run program similar to SS disablitly that some qualify for that haven't worked the required amount of time.
    I think the maximum amount is $700 a month down here, this program helps a lot of mentally ill people, who always had trouble in life.
    Iv'e know a person like that, they have some real problems associated with bi polar and schizophrenia , they can't work a job because they can't keep their minds on any task longer then a few minutes time.
    It's sad but there are many people like that and they do deserve some help

20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    I'll try to post some pictures. Maybe Don,Jr. Hopefully of Kimberly!!!!!

[​IMG]