XPO | What does SME stand for?

LuckySevens

TB Lurker
Credits
I know I've asked 4 or 5 times and have been told... but when asked, "What does SME stand for?" I forget!
Just for fun, I've answered:
  • Southern Methodist Expert, Sexual Methods Educator, Severance Management Expert, Severe Migraine Enthusiast, Safety Management Egotist, Sadly Mangling Everything...:funky:

Seriously... can someone tell me again. :hissyfit:

SME stands for subject matter expert
just as written, a person trained to be an expert in training and education of any subject.
SS SME would be a SafeStack Subject Matter Expert. And what makes the current program of training with the SS SME's unique is that this is the first program of education within the company that involves "peer-to-peer" presentation. If you are looking for something optimistic in the company's business model this should get some attention. DSR's and full time dock workers were selected to be SME's.
and... just a little more sunshine... stacking freight is permissible, decking freight is preferred. Back to the basic common sense approach to loading trailers

SME stands for subject matter expert
just as written, a person trained to be an expert in training and education of any subject.
SS SME would be a SafeStack Subject Matter Expert. And what makes the current program of training with the SS SME's unique is that this is the first program of education within the company that involves "peer-to-peer" presentation. If you are looking for something optimistic in the company's business model this should get some attention. DSR's and full time dock workers were selected to be SME's.
and... just a little more sunshine... stacking freight is permissible, decking freight is preferred. Back to the basic common sense approach to loading trailers

What about the ICE program? I thought that was "peer to peer". just a flash in the pan

All fun aside this job is all about common sense, WORST for using dunnage and loadbars those Gary boys up in Tomah,Wi. all cause they want to get out before the next guy!!!!!!!!<Those guys do not work as a team from one terminal, yet alone as company drivers, and of course the supervisors there don't help-out the problem any, by having their favorites, THAT'S A BUNCH OF BULL!

all cause they want to get out before the next guy!!!!!!!!<

That could apply to many many sic's trying to race out.......just ask an xco dsr about a trlr on its side going out the gate too fast. (just recent) Improperly loaded or not....still too fast. Anything to skin a fellow trucker back.