Averitt | What does your average Averitt driver bring home per week?

PopGoesTheWeasel

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello guys im wondering what does the average averitt driver bring home per week. Im currently a dock worker @ Averitt and things have been tough and rough. Full time dock workers are averaging 29-35 hours a week and that is not cutting it anymore. Things have been sour around the house and money problems bring relationship and family problems.

Im trying to open my horizons and hopefully driving for Averitt is a lot better then working the dock @ 18.55/hr.

Im sorry, but i cant support my family with a $400/week check in 2012. Im hoping driving will bring home a bigger check for me. Hopefully above $600 a week.

Thanks and sorry if you feel im prying into your business. I just need to know if this is something i can do to better my family and myself.

FYI: Im talking about the drivers that bring in LTL loads to the dock. So like NAS to NIL .. LOU To NIL... NIL to KNX.

Truck load will bring you more than $600 take home a week. Just depends on how hard you want to drive. Right now Truck load has freight coming out of the ying yang...Trying to get a LTL shuttle job could be next to impossible...

I think it's your service center. In nash they are getting more hours than they want, begging to go home, often our dock guys load, then jump in a truck and go deliver freight. We regularly get messages telling the shuttle guys to see mgmt before they go home (because they need help on the docks), and regularly get messages asking for anyone to help on sunday's.
Pro's and cons are everywhere as for driving, if I only brought home (which bring home varies according to deductions and things you have coming out of your pay so going by your gross pay is more accurate) $600 I'd look for a new job. As a combo, I've not hit the $1500mark in a week yet, but been close several times, if I dont get 55 hours as a minimum, the week wasn't a good week, but I have responsibilities that require me to earn what I can, many guys dont.

Depending on how big a serctr you are at, try to get into a city position, At the medium or small places getting a shuttle job is about the same as being bodily taken into heaven/////just ain't going to happen//// Right now T/L is booming, this past paycheck was 662.07 takehome,next week will be about a $100 more. T/L has it's slow times where $450 take home is a good week! Another thing about T/L is that you will be home every week which is true...home SAT afternoon"after driving all day" then out early monday morning. You may or may not get a 34hr restart. You cannot count on any activities with the family until the last moment. Here is a BIGGIE that burns my behind....BECAUSE YOU ARE IN T/L YOU ARE TREATED AS A LESSER PERSON BY EVERYONE ON THE LTL SIDE. If you can't deal with that don't move over to T/L. Maybe looking into a different LTL company might work out better for you...GOOD LUCK in whatever you decide!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep have to agree Truck Load is treated like the B**tard step child in this company...
The sleeper shuttle and line haul shuttle drivers are the worst, I've run into sleeper shuttle drivers,who used to be in T/L...what a bunch of SH8THEAD
s they have turned into. I suppose they get nasal conjestion from driving with their noses soooo high in the air it affects their personalitiy!

Depending on how big a serctr you are at, try to get into a city position, At the medium or small places getting a shuttle job is about the same as being bodily taken into heaven/////just ain't going to happen//// Right now T/L is booming, this past paycheck was 662.07 takehome,next week will be about a $100 more. T/L has it's slow times where $450 take home is a good week!

I'm shocked! $662 is a good week? I'm not being a butt, but I think the HOS sure has changed things. 12 years here, over 10 in t/l and the least I ever made was $53K p/year with AE

I pulled down over just $1000, after all the deductions $662 is whats left. Electronic logging and where you are based out of makes a difference. CKV refuses to dispatch you more than one load at a time. They still try to dispatch you on loads you cannot legally do,if you are on electronic logs. I can bet you did not make 53k+ in T/L running legal.. you and I know it

The sleeper shuttle and line haul shuttle drivers are the worst, I've run into sleeper shuttle drivers,who used to be in T/L...what a bunch of SH8THEAD
s they have turned into. I suppose they get nasal conjestion from driving with their noses soooo high in the air it affects their personalitiy!

Well Jeepman I guess if you go around with that kinda of attitude it's surprising anyone would treat you well.

As for me here in MFS I try to help ANY driver around here be he from T/L, or where ever. I always wave a hand to the red trucks as I see them on the road.

I know what you are talking about I've seen some noses turned up at me, (not many) by a few "shuttle" drivers because I have a T/L truck doing single sleeper out of MFS.

When I came over from T/L 3 years ago, I made a promise to myself that I would not be like some of the other drivers that do that. So we're not all bad or will drown when it rains I say the majority of us are good guys if you just drop the attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much one earns is far less important than how they manage their affairs.
Folks who are saddled with debt and rely on overtime just to make ends meet usually got in that position through poor decisions they made along the way.
I know people who have never made over 40k in their life and have a million dollars in the bank.

I know a driver drawing $1800 per month(which I could live on)military retirement with child support payments totalling $1700. He put in 20 years just to pour that money down the drain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Jeepman I guess if you go around with that kinda of attitude it's surprising anyone would treat you well.

As for me here in MFS I try to help ANY driver around here be he from T/L, or where ever. I always wave a hand to the red trucks as I see them on the road.

I know what you are talking about I've seen some noses turned up at me, (not many) by a few "shuttle" drivers because I have a T/L truck doing single sleeper out of MFS.

When I came over from T/L 3 years ago, I made a promise to myself that I would not be like some of the other drivers that do that. So we're not all bad or will drown when it rains I say the majority of us are good guys if you just drop the attitude.

I treat EVERYONE I come in contact with, the SAME way I would like to be treated! We have many people throughout the system that have issues with T/L people.

I'm good with at least 1800 a week in 5 days, anything more is just gravy! Of course it helps not having any debt.

I'm good with at least 1800 a week in 5 days, anything more is just gravy! Of course it helps not having any debt.

Same here, got the house paid for, all the cars are paid for nothing but living expenses.