XPO | What ever happened to . . .

imported_Geezer

TB Lurker
Credits
WHAT EVER HAPPENED:

TO PROFESSIONALISM? At our barn almost none of the drivers and some of the supervisors stopped wearing uniforms both on the road and on the dock. When I started many years ago it was a privilege to wear the uniform.

TO INVOLVEMENT? We used to participate in Red Ribbon, World Largest Convoy and other community projects. No more!

TO SAFETY? Forklifts operators not setting brakes; hostlers moving trailers with open doors; speeding on the yard and many other safety violations. Production first, safety when it is convenient.

TO EMPLOYEES FIRST? We are running contract runs and sitting line drivers at home.

TOEMPLOYEE APPRECTION? No holiday party, picnic or other events. Save money at all cost.

TO REWARDS FOR SERVICE? The top employees are taking a bigger hit than those under them. Losing pension contributions, vacation time and pay. Thanks for 20 years of service, not give us back %5000!

TO BENEFITS? With co-pays, deductibles and prescription changes, we lost another huge chunk of money. Some of us looked at employment here as a trade off. Others paid more, but we got better insurance. Not any more.

TOTRAINING? New hires used to get some serious training. Now it is a day and a half of videos and they show you where the truck is parked.

TO COMMUNICATION? Meetings used to be mandatory and everyone felt well informed. Now a meeting is sometimes held for city drivers. Dock guys and line drivers rarely see a meeting.

TO RESPECT? I used to feel that we were respected as employees and could talk to management. Now, the only time you see your manager is when you get called in to get your butt chewed.

These are just a few of the things I miss about their company. Feel free to add yours to the list.

Whatever happened to commitment and integrity? The company made a commitment to provide me with a number of things as an employee, but didn't have the integrity to keep their promises when the times got tough.

Pride and integrity went right out the same window with our pension, vacation, 401k match,5% pay and so on........this use to be "the" place to work, retire and be set for your golden years............now, it's just a pay check...........

Pride and integrity went right out the same window with our pension, vacation, 401k match,5% pay and so on........this use to be "the" place to work, retire and be set for your golden years............now, it's just a pay check...........

How true..... I have said those same words many times...boils down greed..:ranting2:

there is an old saying there is no honor among thieves. as far as integrity it was bankrupted by the powers that be. safety only becomes an issue only when someone is injured or worse killed in an accident. committment only works when both sides are willing to compromise won't happen here. excellence happens when all team members are striving for the same goals. look how low they have set the requirements for new drivers to be hired i'm not saying all newbies are bad but just look around at some of them. they leave alot to be desired. these are my opinions & my opinions only

And its going to get worse I'm afraid....

These peeps running the show are nothing more than college degrees with a job. The respect for your professional pedigree is lost on these folks. I have said it many times...they have no idea/appreciation of what it takes for you and I to do our thing.

Your abilities are taken for granted as a job requirement. You must posess certain abilities and certifications to work here. And that is what they expect and require. Just as you expect your doctor or lawyer to be qualified this company expects the same. Its a given to them...no big deal.

They set in the palace and give out edicts that affect the lives of thousands of employees and their families and think nothing of it. Life changing decisions from people who make seven figure salaries...and then look you in the eye and reply to your complaint that their 5% affected them less than yours with the "well...it depends on your lifestyle"...Amazing!!!

The respect the founders had for your abilities are long gone...never to return. The is evidenced by the way this organization (and others) treat their drivers. Everything is numbers regardless of how it affects you and your family. Your input is not wanted (regardless of the VTT nonsense...it is just a band-aid to soothe the masses).

As far as it just being a paycheck...well that may change as well.

The lion's share of the profit last quarter was accounted to the takebacks of April. This quarter there is as of yet no takebacks..(but it won't affect this quarter's results).

I look for a cut of some sort...whether it is an outright wage reduction or an increase in our insurance premiums...but I will be more than surprised if it isn't one or the other (perhaps both!).

Rat

And its going to get worse I'm afraid....

These peeps running the show are nothing more than college degrees with a job. The respect for your professional pedigree is lost on these folks. I have said it many times...they have no idea/appreciation of what it takes for you and I to do our thing.

Your abilities are taken for granted as a job requirement. You must posess certain abilities and certifications to work here. And that is what they expect and require. Just as you expect your doctor or lawyer to be qualified this company expects the same. Its a given to them...no big deal.

They set in the palace and give out edicts that affect the lives of thousands of employees and their families and think nothing of it. Life changing decisions from people who make seven figure salaries...and then look you in the eye and reply to your complaint that their 5% affected them less than yours with the "well...it depends on your lifestyle"...Amazing!!!

The respect the founders had for your abilities are long gone...never to return. The is evidenced by the way this organization (and others) treat their drivers. Everything is numbers regardless of how it affects you and your family. Your input is not wanted (regardless of the VTT nonsense...it is just a band-aid to soothe the masses).

As far as it just being a paycheck...well that may change as well.

The lion's share of the profit last quarter was accounted to the takebacks of April. This quarter there is as of yet no takebacks..(but it won't affect this quarter's results).

I look for a cut of some sort...whether it is an outright wage reduction or an increase in our insurance premiums...but I will be more than surprised if it isn't one or the other (perhaps both!).

Rat
Ya hit the nail right on the head again Rat!!! I hear people saying we are going to get back our 5% and 401k match after the first of the year. NO WAY!!! They will take more away before they give anything back . Well said!!!