ODFL | What Experience Is Need To Start At Full Pay

When hired on in 06', nationwide growth into many new territories and terminal locations added monthly. Local Managers given great leeway. especially drivers willing to run wild nationally. Had 20 years accident free. Numerous companies scrambling for experienced drivers. Started 3 cents from top, got 2 at 6 months, other 1 full at a year. At that time policy was 2 years to full rate. Don't believe that is practice/policy now.

There’s 2 ways to look at it, some people have told you their hiring starting wage and then there’s the company way. I believe that the SCM has discretion, but with the winter slowdown and all, don’t go in asking for more. Also there was rumors of economical termination, (layoffs) research the region that you’re interested in. Make sure you have doubles, triples, tanker and hazmat endorsements on your CDL.

There’s 2 ways to look at it, some people have told you their hiring starting wage and then there’s the company way. I believe that the SCM has discretion, but with the winter slowdown and all, don’t go in asking for more. Also there was rumors of economical termination, (layoffs) research the region that you’re interested in. Make sure you have doubles, triples, tanker and hazmat endorsements on your CDL.

Appreciate everyones input Thanks your right don’t not worth being greedy! I think they start around 25ish here in Southern California not bad wondering how much a year average city driver makes?

New hires should absolutely be paid according to experience.
Pay progression for an experienced driver is insulting.

Driving is a trade job, just like anplumber, electrician eft.

Go hire a plumber. Tell him for the first 2 days on the job, he starts at the bottom pay scale. By the end of the week, you will move him up.
See where that gets you.

New hires should absolutely be paid according to experience.
Pay progression for an experienced driver is insulting.
Most in trucking do this at a much lower rate. Honestly, come to think of it most industries start you low and progress.

Driving is a trade job, just like anplumber, electrician eft.

Go hire a plumber. Tell him for the first 2 days on the job, he starts at the bottom pay scale. By the end of the week, you will move him up.
See where that gets you.

Come to od with 30 year experience and I betting you already being paid more than top rate at most trucking companies if you start at the rookie level,, amazing how much od pay but greedy guys still leave their families on Christmas to work line runs