New Penn | What happened to our union ?

Linhaul forever

TB Lurker
Credits
Why is the union letting so much slide , no one want to follow the union contract anymore. Management sending guys home and jumping on a forklift and loading the outbound loads . Out of the 25 drivers in my barn only 3 or 4 other than myself are real teamsters . WTF . Where idid the union pride go

Why is the union letting so much slide , no one want to follow the union contract anymore. Management sending guys home and jumping on a forklift and loading the outbound loads . Out of the 25 drivers in my barn only 3 or 4 other than myself are real teamsters . WTF . Where idid the union pride go
It was always a sham. It just looked better for the members years ago.
They had you worrying about trivial things like a supervisor on a fork lift while they robbed you blind.

Thank heavens you fell for it..

Wow! Let’s see. I’m going to get a healthy pension check every month and the wife will get 75% of that for the rest of her life! I’m in great shape. Doctors say I’m a prime candidate for the 95 and up club! Think it has something to do with the work rules and great health insurance!?!?!? Maybe you ununion boys should wake up soon!

Wow! Let’s see. I’m going to get a healthy pension check every month and the wife will get 75% of that for the rest of her life! I’m in great shape. Doctors say I’m a prime candidate for the 95 and up club! Think it has something to do with the work rules and great health insurance!?!?!? Maybe you ununion boys should wake up soon!
And as for comments about our leadership stealing from us, just look at our government leaders now! Who elected this POS Biden anyway? Stand up and tell us so we know just how stupid you are! If it gets much worse there will be a Civil War #2

And as for comments about our leadership stealing from us, just look at our government leaders now! Who elected this POS Biden anyway? Stand up and tell us so we know just how stupid you are! If it gets much worse there will be a Civil War #2
You were doing well until the Civil War #2 nonsense. This is the United States. We have a Constitutional revolution every two years. The next revolution is scheduled for 8 November, 2022.
The real problem is democracy. The founders were smart enough to not put that word into the Constitution. They knew that "we the people" are too stupid to self govern. Senators, presidents and judges were never supposed to be elected by popular vote. America is in decline because the republic no longer exists.

What % of your union work force show up @ the monthly meeting demanding from their union leaders more money or change in the work place? That's what I thought. When 500 instead 50 people show up @ those meetings, then you will gain there attention & respect. Which in turn will force them to respond to your demands. Until then, there is your answer. von.

Sleepy joe or lunch box joe is pro union you guys had a lot to do with why he's in there.

Sleepy joe or lunch box joe is pro union you guys had a lot to do with why he's in there.
I’m just one of many Teamsters that didn’t follow all the other SHEEP! I certainly did not vote for POS Biden! As for POS Biden being PRO UNION, are you nuts! First day in office he did what many of us already knew he would do! CUT UNION JOBS!!! FYI, the IBT always seems to back the wrong side! There, I’ve said enough! Have at it!

What % of your union work force show up @ the monthly meeting demanding from their union leaders more money or change in the work place? That's what I thought. When 500 instead 50 people show up @ those meetings, then you will gain there attention & respect. Which in turn will force them to respond to your demands. Until then, there is your answer. von.
As a follow up, ballots were mailed to every Teamster member in good standing. By November 14th all ballots must be in. The last general election for President had about 22% of eligible members voted, out of 1.3 million. Their vote has paid postage, an envelope to put the ballot in, & instructions on how to mail it. Two words come to mind for the answer to the question 'what happened to our union'. The are, apathy and complacency. von.

Last edited:
As a follow up, ballots were mailed to every Teamster member in good standing. By November 14th all ballots must be in. The last general election for President had about 22% of eligible members voted, out of 1.3 million. Their vote has paid postage, an envelope to put the ballot in, & instructions on how to mail it. Two words come to mind for the answer to the question 'what happened to our union'. The are, apathy and complacency. von.
Amen Brother!

I’m just one of many Teamsters that didn’t follow all the other SHEEP! I certainly did not vote for POS Biden! As for POS Biden being PRO UNION, are you nuts! First day in office he did what many of us already knew he would do! CUT UNION JOBS!!! FYI, the IBT always seems to back the wrong side! There, I’ve said enough! Have at it!
Back that one up please. Cut union jobs? And if you're going in the oil pipeline BS, cancelling a pipeline doesn't cut jobs. Any industry has a steady # of workers and one project doesn't make a bit of difference. I was in the oilfield for 3 years. I left because they could no longer provide a steady paycheck. Now I haul Cheetos. I left freight after 21+ yrs to do oilfield. I should have done more research because after 3 short years they couldn't sustain a steady paycheck unless you uproot and go to ND, TX, CO, WY, or wherever else the work may be. Oilfield work is very cyclical and one darn project doesn't make a dent in employment #s.