What happened to red arrow after ABF buyout?

Don't know if they pulled them down there never got that far south
I'm off topic, but was thinking, in the early 60s Complete Auto and Motor Convoy stayed in the motel with us.
We called them half azzed drivers because they only got paid one direction, ( their pay rate was double ours)
if they lucked out ond got a back haul, it was a really big payday, I think we were making 9 or 10 cents pr mile
back then.

I'm off topic, but was thinking, in the early 60s Complete Auto and Motor Convoy stayed in the motel with us.
We called them half azzed drivers because they only got paid one direction, ( their pay rate was double ours)
if they lucked out ond got a back haul, it was a really big payday, I think we were making 9 or 10 cents pr mile
back then.
Car haulers ,Made big money back in the Day,If I Remember motor convoy ran Dodges with Detroit’s

back then.
Today any wheres from 1.025 to 1.625 per mile 25.83 per hr plus skid drops and loading time per car. it can get confusing at times think deadhead rate is .96

So you didn't get to work out of the old terminal on Dura ave. That was a "nice'" place lol, I just found some pictures of when they were building the new one, and Yeah Tol wasn't bad at all bunch of good guys there. I did pull a set of trip's into they yard from the cash box one winter when they didn't have the drop lot plowed, dispatch said bring it in and it was in the middle of the night so not many cops out and they wouldn't get out of the cars anyways cause of the snow .
That's great, wish I could've seen a set of trips rolling down Reynolds road. I worked there after they moved into Angola road. I remember when they expanded the terminal. I did work on Dura Avenue, but for Kolb welding. They were at the very end where they shut Dura ave
off. I think E&L carhaulers shop was out behind us. My dad worked for a beer and wine distributor in Toledo. Grew up around the trucks . Used to make parents go up and down the area around Dura Avenue, Matzinger road and Tractor road just to look at the trucks. I remember driving out to check out the new Roadway terminal as it was being built. Did you know big Doug Avery, he was a supervisor on the dock at CFCC, think he came out of Big R

No we didn't seem to have a problem pulling the trip's never seen or pulled twins 45's but shouldn't have had any problem.I don't why they bumped up the hp on these didn't gain any speed just a nice pull when needed out here in "hilly" midwest lol. When i was with Big R they had R model Macks full 318's twin screws for pulling twin 45's on the NY thruway, only got to drive them 2 times when they came into TOL for repairs

The 9400's would handle them. The N14's had a lot of torque, 1500 ft. lbs. as I remember. The little M11's had about 950. Torque is what pulls the load. The 8200's with the M11's had 9509 transmissions while the N14's had the 14210 to handle the torque.

That's great, wish I could've seen a set of trips rolling down Reynolds road. I worked there after they moved into Angola road. I remember when they expanded the terminal. I did work on Dura Avenue, but for Kolb welding. They were at the very end where they shut Dura ave
off. I think E&L carhaulers shop was out behind us. My dad worked for a beer and wine distributor in Toledo. Grew up around the trucks . Used to make parents go up and down the area around Dura Avenue, Matzinger road and Tractor road just to look at the trucks. I remember driving out to check out the new Roadway terminal as it was being built. Did you know big Doug Avery, he was a supervisor on the dock at CFCC, think he came out of Big R
Yeah Big "old" Doug ,good guy happy go lucky type , knew him from the R, helped me get in at CFCC . When we were on dura it was just a big family everybody knew everybody didn't matter if you were dock/p&d,linehaul. Great bunch of guys. Maybe you remember when we built the first set of trips to be in the Labor day parade ,Myself, Larry G.(p&d steward) and Dave and Kevin shop guys came up with that idea, City didn't like it but oh well too bad when we pulled them thru town. Good old Dura with the old dump right across from the terminal well more like the whole street down to where you and Gregg's and ABF were, nice in the summer time. It's still a ruff today as it was back then.

Yeah Big "old" Doug ,good guy happy go lucky type , knew him from the R, helped me get in at CFCC . When we were on dura it was just a big family everybody knew everybody didn't matter if you were dock/p&d,linehaul. Great bunch of guys. Maybe you remember when we built the first set of trips to be in the Labor day parade ,Myself, Larry G.(p&d steward) and Dave and Kevin shop guys came up with that idea, City didn't like it but oh well too bad when we pulled them thru town. Good old Dura with the old dump right across from the terminal well more like the whole street down to where you and Gregg's and ABF were, nice in the summer time. It's still a ruff today as it was back then.
Yeah we were family friends of jack g. He was just below Larry g on the city board. I enjoyed my time there. I have a great story about Doug I'll post when I have some time.

My wife works with a woman who is married to a long time shop guy for big R. His name is Dwayne F. , he has some pretty good stories too. Seems there was a fair number of people that came to CFCC from Roadway once CFCC opened Angola road

OK, story time. Like I said, I was dock only, lots of casual, then 10 percenter, then wham, no job! Always had pre shift meetings on dock. When they started putting the addition on, it about doubled the dock doors. Someone said to Doug, "how's this going to work out with the Supervisor shack here for someone way down at the end? Doug said I don't know, hold on. He gets on a forklift, goes all the way to the end and screams "can you hear me?". We all yell back, "yeah just fine!". He drives back to the shack on the towmotor and says "I think it'll be fine". We about laughed our a____ off!
Later, he had those really blue , bright eyes and his favorite saying was you guys are friggin (censor friendly) my eyes out ! So at some point , he found two bright blue marbles and spent part of a shift painting them with white out. the next day he walks out to the pre shift meeting with those marbles in his hand, puts his hand to his eyes and screams "you guys are friggin my eyes out!"and lets those two whiteout painted blue marbles roll across the dock! hardly a man standing! guy was something else to work with. Then there was Frankie Thompson, he switched a lot, he was a trip too. Lots of good memories.

That sounds about right for Doug, can't remember who the switcher was that rolled a pup pulling away from the dock, rolled it between the ramp off the dock and the shop, I was in the shop that night getting some extra washer fluid and Bsing with guys in the shop when heard a BIG whoomp . everybody was like that didn't sound good, it wasn't when we walked our and saw what happened,Don't think it was Frankie maybe Kenny not sure.

That sounds about right for Doug, can't remember who the switcher was that rolled a pup pulling away from the dock, rolled it between the ramp off the dock and the shop, I was in the shop that night getting some extra washer fluid and Bsing with guys in the shop when heard a BIG whoomp . everybody was like that didn't sound good, it wasn't when we walked our and saw what happened,Don't think it was Frankie maybe Kenny not sure.

Makes me feel better to know, I wasn't the only one who spent time BSing in the shop.

Oh heck yes I'm always hanging out in the shop, maybe just walk thru and say hello, but I tryed to keep on the good side of those guys,I find that buying some pizza or doughnuts will get my rig out of the shop a lot quicker

It is always good to have someone who is friendly to mechanics instead of blaming them about what equipment the company buys & calling us grease monkeys. The same mentality people cuss the hostlers & dispatchers for not getting hooked with a new tractor every trip. They usually refer to dock workers as dock apes. Everybody has a job to do & not one is more important than another.

It is always good to have someone who is friendly to mechanics instead of blaming them about what equipment the company buys & calling us grease monkeys. The same mentality people cuss the hostlers & dispatchers for not getting hooked with a new tractor every trip. They usually refer to dock workers as dock apes. Everybody has a job to do & not one is more important than another.

Two mechanics were my fishing buddies, it was rare when I ran a trip without going to the shop.

Well you see Doc I grew up on a farm and used to "bend wrenches" for awhile, also drove wrecker for a number of years, so as they say been there done that. I just find it hard to believe the number of "drivers" that have not one ounce of knowledge of how a truck/trailer operates, heck some don't know their left from their right, lol. At least when I call in with a breakdown I can tell them what was happening before I was on the side of the road, but I'm that guy that will try to get to a truckstop before that happens. Knock on wood my old '16 Frtliner has been a good truck for me, I could have newer Volvo's but I passed Naw I 'll keep what I got plus my D-13 will out pull the D-11 vovlo's..

Well you see Doc I grew up on a farm and used to "bend wrenches" for awhile, also drove wrecker for a number of years, so as they say been there done that. I just find it hard to believe the number of "drivers" that have not one ounce of knowledge of how a truck/trailer operates, heck some don't know their left from their right, lol. At least when I call in with a breakdown I can tell them what was happening before I was on the side of the road, but I'm that guy that will try to get to a truckstop before that happens. Knock on wood my old '16 Frtliner has been a good truck for me, I could have newer Volvo's but I passed Naw I 'll keep what I got plus my D-13 will out pull the D-11 vovlo's..

My dad had a shop, looked after a bunch of leased trucks and farmed also.
I hung around the shop as mch as I could, listening to all the truck drivers tales, I'm sure all were true.

Yeah, there were several laid over, I think the way they built that yard to aid drainage made it easier to put one over. At least the original part had elevation changes to channel rain runoff towards the sewers.