What happened to the goon squad?

What? The gorilla's are going to be gone. Darn I was sort of used to my 30 seconds of fame each day, I still don't know why they had to video me each day on my way to work. I must admit, they were a scary looking cast. Hey maybe they can't take the cold and the rain, I mean after all I would see them all huddled around their van.:biglaugh:

I'm really confused or maybe stupid. They have to pay for all of the fencing, security guards, processing of new drivers, all of the damage, wrecks, and mistakes made by so called drivers, I also see that a lot of trucks go out with 2 people in them?????????, so why didn't the people in charge just gird their loins and come to the table and try to work out a new contract with the employees.

Simple math, they would still be a major player in today's game, instead of the butt of all of the jokes, the employees would be out there making more money by doing their job, and the owners would not be out of a bunch of money.

I know, I mean what do I know, I'm just a dumb truck driver.

I'm really confused or maybe stupid. They have to pay for all of the fencing, security guards, processing of new drivers, all of the damage, wrecks, and mistakes made by so called drivers, I also see that a lot of trucks go out with 2 people in them?????????, so why didn't the people in charge just gird their loins and come to the table and try to work out a new contract with the employees.

Simple math, they would still be a major player in today's game, instead of the butt of all of the jokes, the employees would be out there making more money by doing their job, and the owners would not be out of a bunch of money.

I know, I mean what do I know, I'm just a dumb truck driver.
It is obvious to anybody that really knew what day to day business entailled at Oak Harbor. I don't think Dave and Ed knew much about the front lines here. Ron K poisoned the pond and convinced them it was the workers ,not his management issues that were at fault. They just didn't understand the influence the drivers had with customers.They should now be discovering the truth. It may happen too late !

Ron K poisoned the pond and convinced them it was the workers ,not his management issues that were at fault.

I was wondering, what is the history of Ron K? I think he came from Reddaway? Who was before him and what happened to him?

I think David has his Sales sandbox and Ed has his "admin" sandbox and they leave Ron to his "ops" sandbox and if Ron is telling David and Ed what to do, I guess Ron is really running the show.

He failed at Roadway, and he is proceeding to fail at OHFL...

Quite a winning resume our friend Ronnie K has... LOL!

He failed at Roadway, and he is proceeding to fail at OHFL...

Quite a winning resume our friend Ronnie K has... LOL!

What I dont understand is how the heck does Ron K. and His other OHFL/Roadway minions keep their job? Enough is enough..i mean FedEx Freight and Conway have destroyed the Teamsters and Ron is destroying OAKH

Well, I don't know if I agree that either FedEx or Con-Way have destroyed the Teamsters. They certainly haven't helped the Union's position in the freight industry, though.

And we have gotten a lot of interest from workers at both companies about organizing, so who knows what the future holds?

But Ron K. is symptomatic of what has gone wrong with Oak Harbor over the last decade...

Well, I don't know if I agree that either FedEx or Con-Way have destroyed the Teamsters. They certainly haven't helped the Union's position in the freight industry, though.

And we have gotten a lot of interest from workers at both companies about organizing, so who knows what the future holds?

Well..wouldn't u agree that Conway and FedEx are the leaders in the LTL Biz?

I doubt u would be going thru what u r if these companys were union

Well..wouldn't u agree that Conway and FedEx are the leaders in the LTL Biz?

I doubt u would be going thru what u r if these companys were union

It seems the Union doesn't want us in very bad. When they are contacted, they seem to always have an excuse not to bother. "We have the UPS Freight contract to settle", We have the FEDEX air mechanics to work on", We have Oak Harbor strike to settle", We have to wait until after the election", We have to wait until the vote in secrecy bill passes". I understand you should take care of existing members first! If I was a member, and they went somewhere to get somebody else in, instead of helping us, I would be pi&&ed off so bad. Now that FEDEX East and West are one, the Union can pretty much forget about it. The only chance they would have had, in my opinion, was before the merger. Right now the Union has a full plate with OHFL and the YRC deal.

It seems the Union doesn't want us in very bad. When they are contacted, they seem to always have an excuse not to bother. "We have the UPS Freight contract to settle", We have the FEDEX air mechanics to work on", We have Oak Harbor strike to settle", We have to wait until after the election", We have to wait until the vote in secrecy bill passes". I understand you should take care of existing members first! If I was a member, and they went somewhere to get somebody else in, instead of helping us, I would be pi&&ed off so bad. Now that FEDEX East and West are one, the Union can pretty much forget about it. The only chance they would have had, in my opinion, was before the merger. Right now the Union has a full plate with OHFL and the YRC deal.

The card check language is needed first, drives at these big non companies will only be successful if they are done in a methodical manner. If we organize say, FedEx in Baltimore, MD. They would have the replacement drivers there before the cards were submitted its everything all at once or nothing and unfortunately the laws don't support that kind of action presently.