SEFL | What has become of this company

reknilp

TB Lurker
Credits
WTF is going on with these guys in central dispatch ?!?!?! They are running combo guys out on long runs leaving Linehaul guys behind to do what combo guys are meant for. Some of us are struggling to get 400 miles a night and I know of a few combo guys averaging close to 500 miles a night. Then they are running Bozeman and TLI while putting our own people to bed. What happened to take care of your people and they will take care of you.

The driver market has definitely changed. Back in the day you were lucky to get on with an LTL company. You had to know someone to get on with SEFL. Nowadays LTL companies are hurting for people that want to drive a truck. I’ve known a lot of guys calling in and complaining about different issues and they act like they care but nothing changes. I personally know quite a few guys with 15+ with SEFL applying at other LTL companies.

They are hiring supervisors right out of diapers and they come in with their chest puffed out. Do you expect us to respect these guys when we have forgotten more about this industry than they will ever know? You have forgotten that customers and drivers make or break a trucking company not your precious numbers. You take care of your customers and drivers and the numbers will come.

Also, who in the world thought this new roadside assistance was an ingenious idea??? You have drivers setting within 20 miles of one of your newest service centers and it takes 6 hours to get a tired changed?

SEFL has definitely lost its way and I never met W.T. Cassels but I would imagine he would be rolling over in his grave if he could see what has become of SEFL.

So probley not a good idea to come on board? I was thinking odfl or sefl
Depending on what you are thinking of coming here for. I can’t speak on P&D, it’s been a while since I’ve been on that side of the aisle. If you are coming here for Linehaul and expect a lot of miles, I’d say look elsewhere.

WTF is going on with these guys in central dispatch ?!?!?! They are running combo guys out on long runs leaving Linehaul guys behind to do what combo guys are meant for. Some of us are struggling to get 400 miles a night and I know of a few combo guys averaging close to 500 miles a night. Then they are running Bozeman and TLI while putting our own people to bed. What happened to take care of your people and they will take care of you.

The driver market has definitely changed. Back in the day you were lucky to get on with an LTL company. You had to know someone to get on with SEFL. Nowadays LTL companies are hurting for people that want to drive a truck. I’ve known a lot of guys calling in and complaining about different issues and they act like they care but nothing changes. I personally know quite a few guys with 15+ with SEFL applying at other LTL companies.

They are hiring supervisors right out of diapers and they come in with their chest puffed out. Do you expect us to respect these guys when we have forgotten more about this industry than they will ever know? You have forgotten that customers and drivers make or break a trucking company not your precious numbers. You take care of your customers and drivers and the numbers will come.

Also, who in the world thought this new roadside assistance was an ingenious idea??? You have drivers setting within 20 miles of one of your newest service centers and it takes 6 hours to get a tired changed?

SEFL has definitely lost its way and I never met W.T. Cassels but I would imagine he would be rolling over in his grave if he could see what has become of SEFL.

Sorry bud, but it sounds like SEFL is stepping up into the big leagues! Everything you just described is and has been going on for quite some time at all of the national carriers. Sad but that is the truth.

It starts at the top. Those senior vps that run the company don’t share the owners values and the owner doesn’t care enough or can’t find quality people to replace them with. Either way after 15 years I at sefl I left and am happier and wealthier for it

The same game in being played at Dayton. The new laptop managers HATE linehaul drivers because all I hear is that we make too much money because we don't have a college degree.
You just pointed out the biggest burr sticking in the mgrs.baby soft butts! They don't and won't make the money that we make in linehaul. Even though we are underpaid. We still make a lot more than they do. And for good reason I might add.

You just pointed out the biggest burr sticking in the mgrs.baby soft butts! They don't and won't make the money that we make in linehaul. Even though we are underpaid. We still make a lot more than they do. And for good reason I might add.
All they have to do is get into the driver trainee pool and they too can make linehaul money. Won’t happen because they too busy chasing the dangling carrot promised to those who will run their own terminal in a very short time. College kids are so gullible. They swallow the lies from company recruiters and are shocked when reality hits.

It starts at the top. Those senior vps that run the company don’t share the owners values and the owner doesn’t care enough or can’t find quality people to replace them with. Either way after 15 years I at sefl I left and am happier and wealthier for it
Where did you go??

So probley not a good idea to come on board? I was thinking odfl or sefl
Dont know where you live but Estes is growing and hiring. Starting pay i believe is 67 or 68 cents for wild board and 65 cents for a bid run if you can get one. Not sure about p&d or hub or combo drivers.

Yes we all make a huge sacrifice of being gone all the time and not seeing our families. This aint no 40 hour a week job and it wears on you mentally and if you unload or load physically. If drivers didnt get paid good at least for me id hang it up and do a factory job instead of being gone like we are.

Dont know where you live but Estes is growing and hiring. Starting pay i believe is 67 or 68 cents for wild board and 65 cents for a bid run if you can get one. Not sure about p&d or hub or combo drivers.
Yes they are hiring in my area too, bc other carriers that pay more are getting the few drivers up for bid

I know in Little Rock they replaced all of the older management. Brought in a bunch of kids. For manager, asst manager, inbound and outbound. Oldest one might be 25 years old. Chest bowed out. There way or no way. Well I hear there highest score on the sdi was about a 3.2.. and from what I hear it’ll be lower this time.

I know in Little Rock they replaced all of the older management. Brought in a bunch of kids. For manager, asst manager, inbound and outbound. Oldest one might be 25 years old. Chest bowed out. There way or no way. Well I hear there highest score on the sdi was about a 3.2.. and from what I hear it’ll be lower this time.
In New Orleans, we haven’t reviewed the sdi in years. It’s almost a joke at this point. If you don’t like something you can leave or get over it. No one is trying to hear about integrity

The same game in being played at Dayton. The new laptop managers HATE linehaul drivers because all I hear is that we make too much money because we don't have a college degree.
If you work as a manager in a trucking company, a college degree is useless.
These fools who think a degree means something are clueless. To me it means you took 4 years off from the real world and went into 100k debt for nothing .

Exactly. In Little Rock these college kids are clueless. They have screwed routes up so bad. But they still got some of the older hands and mentors that need to be walking around with a breath mint from kissing so much butt. But will be the 1st ones to score them a 1 on sdi. It’s sickening. Maybe it’ll change after the next sdi.

Last edited:
I left Dayton 10 years ago, and had been hearing that for 5 years before I left.

The trucking industry is changing it appears. If it gets to where they dont want to pay the drivers for their sacrifices they make to do this job i see a lot just walking away. If im not going to get paid decent id just rather work a factory or mill or even a dock. We make decent for a reason but you are right these entitled laptop jockeys think we dont deserve it. I say stick them behind the wheel for a month and then get back with us.