What has everyone been doing and who have we lost since CFs closing

tracker0516

TB Lurker
Credits
Just thought I would start this thread to see if there was any interest on giving updates to what ex CFers have been doing.
I worked for CF out of Mt Pocono and then Carlisle. I worked the dock,yard and was a road driver for a while. After closing I went on to work for Roadway out of Tannersville Pa. When they closed I transferred to New Brunswick NJ. When Yellow and Roadway merged I was laid off. 2009 went to work for NFI out of Bath Pa.Just left them in Sept 2013 and went to work for KEHE Dist out of Breiningsville Pa.
Anyone who reads this please update your status.
My name is Harry anyone who who worked at POP or CLP will remember me
Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Worked at NP for 10 months in Camp Hill but found out that the management sucks there worse than CF ever was. Quit there and went to ABF And worked at YKP and then CLP. Dock Yard and Road also so have to know you Merry Christmas and a happy New Year

tracker, did you know Echo? If you ever met him you'd remember him.

City driver, dock worker in Miami, Fl. from 89-2002. Been with ABF ever since. Miami 2002-2006 then Athens Ga.2006-

I was a driver/sale man fancy word for a city driver for 25 years from Nov 77 till they shut there doors 2002 Roadway put me on regular in Dec 2002 but i stay layoff more than i work in June of 2003 Usf Holland put me on regular and i never miss a day with them beside Cf one of the best places i every worked never had one bad word with management i can't say the same for Roadway they look down on you management and some of the union side also did Holland treed me with respect because they understood i was their because of no fault union side workers i got my time in and i retired few years later but i have went to work for the State of Tennessee {Tdot} driving dump trucks not a great job but with my Pension and the state pay and heath coverage we're getting by.

After CF worked at Yellow in Jacksonville Fl when they merged with Roadway and became YRC. I transferred to New Orleans getting ready to retire. Looking to move back to Fl.

My father Charlie Nelson worked at CF from 1966-1981. He was a Diesel mechanic. However, we lost him due to Lung Cancer in 2012. The more boards I look on, the more I'm noticing that other men and women passed away from lung Cancer. Odd!!!

Worked as a city driver for CF from 1981 till the close in 2002. Probably the best job I ever had. All in all some of the best people around. Went to work at Yellow after the shutdown at CF and things were good for about 4 years. Left and went to a small operation that paid into the pension for 3 years then took my retirement. Still miss the old days at CF.

I worked as dockworker in HOU and dock yard road at Carlislie PA . After the shutdown went to yellow in Lancaster PA and back to CLP for YRC. In 2009 i went to UPGF in Mechanicsburg PA im running the road.Hope to retire in 3 more years.And move back to Poland.

I worked out of buf on the road ..........after the closing I went to a grocery chain called tops friendly markets it was a teamster job then almost 2yrs later I left and went to new penn road out of Rochester just before the yrc debacle but who knew kinda wish id stayed with tops im still playin with the 10 series I just bought 10.1309 to keep 10.875 company im also building a pines replica of a 47 series ragtop most of ours were pretty bad back when we closed anyways ive sold most of the stuff off so for now 3 10 series 3 pups a 375 series and a couple dollies is about all I kept

I worked out of buf on the road ..........after the closing I went to a grocery chain called tops friendly markets it was a teamster job then almost 2yrs later I left and went to new penn road out of Rochester just before the yrc debacle but who knew kinda wish id stayed with tops im still playin with the 10 series I just bought 10.1309 to keep 10.875 company im also building a pines replica of a 47 series ragtop most of ours were pretty bad back when we closed anyways ive sold most of the stuff off so for now 3 10 series 3 pups a 375 series and a couple dollies is about all I kept

I remember meeting you in upstate NY, probably Buffalo or Rochester. You gave me a business card with your truck on it, sill have it on my refrigerator.
I retired from New Penn but also did my time at CF in PHL.
Stay safe and keep that old CF stuff alive.