Reddaway | What I just read!

Truckking

TB Lurker
Credits
I just discovered this post a couple days ago. It is nice to have a Reddaway post.
Seems on Jan. 8, Teamsters across the country "overwhelmingly" approved the new YRC contract. The new contract has some new items in it "to better compete with non-union carriers, ie Fed-Ex etc...
A new employee called "utility employees" can work as P&D, line, dock or yard goat. They are NON-UNION employees who will receive $1 more per hour than a Teamster employee. Per this proposed contract, the Teamster is getting wage increases to $2.20 per hour and 5.5 cents per mile over the life of the contract.
The other item of interest is called "substitute service." It allows carriers to immediately run 4% of their line haul miles by non-union carriers, and increases each year to 9% by 2012.
With our Reddaway contract ending at the end of this year, it kind of seems the writing is on the wall for our contract. IF Reddaway is still in business by contract time.:hide:

I really don't know were you came up with your info but it's way off. Go to the Teamsters website and you can find out what is in this contract proposal. It has NOT been ratified by the rank and file membership.

Info

I got the info from Logistics Management site. Yeah, you are right they have not ratified, that is expected though, according to the press release. I will check the Teamsters site...thanx hillbilly

January 8 was the 2 man meeting in D.C. and it made it through that part of the process. The NMFA or YRC contrcat will not pass and some changes are going to be needed for it to get a yes vote from the membership.

A new employee called "utility employees" can work as P&D, line, dock or yard goat. They are NON-UNION employees who will receive $1 more per hour than a Teamster employee. Per this proposed contract, the Teamster is getting wage increases to $2.20 per hour and 5.5 cents per mile over the life of the contract.
The other item of interest is called "substitute service." It allows carriers to immediately run 4% of their line haul miles by non-union carriers, and increases each year to 9% by 2012.
With our Reddaway contract ending at the end of this year, it kind of seems the writing is on the wall for our contract. IF Reddaway is still in business by contract time.:hide:
the tentative agreement is posted, PLEASE READ IT... IT DOES NOT SAY THE UTILITY EMPLOYEE WILL BE NON-UNION...

I don't know what YRCW is trying to pull but every Yellow and Roadway driver that I've talked to is disgusted with it. I just don't know...

I just discovered this post a couple days ago. It is nice to have a Reddaway post.
Seems on Jan. 8, Teamsters across the country "overwhelmingly" approved the new YRC contract. The new contract has some new items in it "to better compete with non-union carriers, ie Fed-Ex etc...

YOU need to go to the Teamster web site and READ the contract. Your either misinformed or your management. Dont write "checks "your *** cant CASH....................................