FedEx Freight | What is a SUPERHUB???

POPCORN

TB Regular
Credits
I assume it is a large hub terminal like CGT or ATL maybe CMH or DAL. But, could it be a hub that has both a overnight hub and a daytime hub? More rumors from the midwest. We will know for sure Monday.

I assume it is a large hub terminal like CGT or ATL maybe CMH or DAL. But, could it be a hub that has both a overnight hub and a daytime hub? More rumors from the midwest. We will know for sure Monday.
i work at cgt they told us it will be a super hub

Super Hub Concept

OK say it is Monday at your end of the line center....Your city drivers deliver & pick up , both Priority & Economy rated freight through out the day... That night all the Priority freight loads first, using Economy freight to fill any empty schedules if any in a lane. After all P.M. schedule bids depart, the remaining Economy freight would be loaded but not moved...P.M. bids arrive at the hub which service only the Priority freight through the night (P.M. Hub) just like the freight side does now and return to their domiciles Leaving any Economy freight in the yard ( HUB )to be serviced the next day (Day Hub)....The next day, in this case Tuesday drivers off the day hub work the dock on the front side of their bid. After which they depart out to the end of line centers on day runs to bring your center the inbound Economy freight off the day hub and pick up your left over Economy freight from Monday and head back to the hub...Economy freight will not be time defined and will be moved between the Super Hubs by rail and between all other hubs by our own trucks...If your looking for a day run? It would seem a Super Hub would be the place to be....Good Luck To All.

This info came from a regional guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK say it is Monday at your end of the line center....Your city drivers deliver & pick up , both Priority & Economy rated freight through out the day... That night all the Priority freight loads first, using Economy freight to fill any empty schedules if any in a lane. After all P.M. schedule bids depart, the remaining Economy freight would be loaded but not moved...P.M. bids arrive at the hub which service only the Priority freight through the night (P.M. Hub) just like the freight side does now and return to their domiciles Leaving any Economy freight in the yard ( HUB )to be serviced the next day (Day Hub)....The next day, in this case Tuesday drivers off the day hub work the dock on the front side of their bid. After which they depart out to the end of line centers on day runs to bring your center the inbound Economy freight off the day hub and pick up your left over Economy freight from Monday and head back to the hub...Economy freight will not be time defined and will be moved between the Super Hubs by rail and between all other hubs by our own trucks...If your looking for a day run? It would seem a Super Hub would be the place to be....Good Luck To All.

I wonder just how reliable this concept is but I'm going to wait and see how things shake out. It's an interesting concept for sure.

Using this concept you pretty much all but eliminate your empty miles by moving the Economy around your Priority to fill lanes. For the lanes that don't balance out,,, put it on the rail..

Last edited by a moderator:
The majority of our bids run during the day, although we have several that run at night. We received only the bare minimum as far as info goes, so to me it's a time will tell situation as to how things will go.