FedEx Freight | what is going dowm in june?

waffleman

TB Lurker
Credits
Just heard last night that we are hiring 4 more road drivers on top of the 13 we hired in april. That will push us from a 40 man road board to a 60 man road board in 2 months! We are busy yes, but not that busy. All of these drivers are to be on by june .
CLE is moving into a 170 door facility, one we just bought in april(or leased I don't know) in june. The company put a big rush on to get it ready. ERI is moving in june as well.

Could it be the next major reconfiguration?

Something big is brewing .

Any ideas folks?

One more thing, we have a whole lot of brand new 53 foot custom critical trailers in the back corner of our yard. We were told that they ordered them CC that is, but didn't budget for them until the next fiscal year which stàrts june 1. So they will sit here till then. Anyone else noticed new equipment stored anywhere?

[quote author=Waffleman link=topic=79730.msg826051#msg826051 date=1272714552]
One more thing, we have a whole lot of brand new 53 foot custom critical trailers in the back corner of our yard. We were told that they ordered them CC that is, but didn't budget for them until the next fiscal year which stàrts june 1. So they will sit here till then. Anyone else noticed new equipment stored anywhere?
[/quote]

Are you talking about in Indy? I did layover there yesterday and saw a bunch of new Custom Critical longboxes there.

We've still got a bunch of new Volvos in our yard in KC, I think many of them are going to Boise (BSE).

roog

Re: what is going down in June?

We in the mid-west are seeing road drivers being added all over. More then what our current freight levels require. The only explanation we can get from our CCM is this and I will quote "expect extreme changes over the next month". We asked: what does that mean and at what level? All he would add is Corporate is not happy with our performance and their is a meeting in Memphis next week with all the bigwigs to discuss the direction of both National and Freight.
I'm sure that is why we are seeing a changing of the guard in Harrison.

If you'll recall, last June it was decided by the powers that be that I and a multitude of others should disrupt our lives. I lost my position to save 7 miles on my run

Just found confirmation on the fedex website that we are indeed adding more road at CMH columbus ohio. Job posting 29499 the other batch was posting 27398

Nothing is going down in june. If you are at a terminal that is adding, be happy. Every yard I go to is always out of empties and dollies are close to out. So, we don't have enough equipment for anything to be going on in june. But they are hiring for a couple of reasons. Purchase is being cut down significantly, And it may be going on those Custom Critical 53 footers. Next a streamlining of the linehaul system is coming. Stop by the shop and get a new seat cushion... you're gonna need it. Many people complained a lot about the old management out of Harrison. Well I hope you are happy with your completely new management - from all divisions of FEDEX. Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it!

[quote author=fatneck link=topic=79730.msg826903#msg826903 date=1272983047]
Stop by the shop and get a new seat cushion... you're gonna need it.
management !
[/quote]
Surely you jest, getting a new seat cushion.....Wouldn't that be an equipment modification which is strictly prohibited so as not to coddle those damned drivers.

A driver from another center said that when his service center manager came back from the big meeting in Dayton, that he said we are planning to grow 40% over the next couple years.

[quote author=zathlon link=topic=79730.msg827533#msg827533 date=1273150294]
A driver from another center said that when his service center manager came back from the big meeting in Dayton, that he said we are planning to grow 40% over the next couple years.
[/quote]We heard the same thing from are center manager, but the numbers were 30%

[quote author=roogie link=topic=79730.msg827371#msg827371 date=1273099598]
I got a new seat cushion last month, I love it.

roog
[/quote]

Roog,

Good for you!! Up here in CLE our "ex-city dispatcher--no mechanic experience" shop manager put out a memo stating that AC will not be fixed unless it is due for service. Claiming that it isn't a safety issue. So I guess I can't get a new seat cushion either.

[quote author=Jumpy link=topic=79730.msg828274#msg828274 date=1273407203]

roog
[/quote]

Roog,

Good for you!! Up here in CLE our "ex-city dispatcher--no mechanic experience" shop manager put out a memo stating that AC will not be fixed unless it is due for service. Claiming that it isn't a safety issue. So I guess I can't get a new seat cushion either.
[/quote]

Jumpy, now you will know whats up if you see me shirtless in the Volvo :popcorn:

[quote author=Jumpy link=topic=79730.msg828274#msg828274 date=1273407203]

roog
[/quote]

Roog,

[/quote]Well ... not a safety issue ...

Its 0400 (4:00am) and I have worked the dock for 4 hours...really hot a tired ..trying to drive the 4 hour drive back to my home center ....The AC will help keep me awake.

Jumpy, now you will know whats up if you see me shirtless in the Volvo :popcorn:
[/quote]

I can't wait to see you in CRW...I'm already getting hot flashes!!! :banana:

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=79730.msg828280#msg828280 date=1273409443]

[/quote]

:biglaugh: Is that why that car full of ''happy dudes''
was following you into the pickle park Jeff ?

:shift: Ya got to follow Jeff's truck , ohhh and that pink station wagon full of happy dudes.