Central Transport | What is going on in grand rapids

imported_Rico

TB Lurker
Credits
One of your line haul drivers showed me a copy of the bid sheet for city drivers. I cant believe they came up with that kind of start times. They have runs set up at different times but dont tell the drivers what they are. They can only look at the times. They cant even bid on the area they want just a bunch of times to start.

I can understand it if it was the same time every day BUT Some start times are 5 hour difference from day to day. You start at 11:00 am one day and 6:00 am the next. :nono:

He said a window has been broken for months in there break room and they dont want to fix it even with the jagged glass stuck in the window. So much for saftey...

If this stuff is true then your TM sure has no idea of how to treat there drivers. Its people like that that make so many drivers not care about there jobs. So much for having a life there.

Rico, Im no longer with Vijax but talk to several of the drivers during the week and everything your hearing is true. The whole idea with the rotating start times is to cut down on over time, but now your going to have a bunch of drivers running routes with no idea where any of the customers are, actual close times and how much freight they usually have. So much for customer service.

I have heard that Farmer got a call from Corp telling him to straighten things out in GR so all the drivers will quit calling Corp and complaining. Dont think this new bid thing is going to get them to end.

I can tell you its getting bad in GR and there arent to many happy drivers left and from the sounds of it the office is doing a good job of pissing off the customers also.

My start times change due to freight coming in from the West. It is frustrating, but I deal with it without crying the blues. Why would a road driver even start a post like this? In addition, how does an ex employee find out that corporate called the manager and told him to clean his act up? I guess the manager just posted the details of the phone call on the bulletin board. Get a life guys :threadsux: :threadsux:

I am a lower seniority Grand Rapids city driver. I don't know about the call from corp. to Farmer about cleaning things up, I can tell you for a FACT that this wacked bid shiz is true and so is the rudeness of the office people. And with having child care issues, this is going to be a nightmare for me. They will not listen and will not take any family issues into consideration other than walk away from the glory hole window when you try to talk to them about it. I've been with PJAX for almost 4 years counting being laid off for 8 months last year and have watched this go downhill with **** poor attitudes across the board. There is no "things are getting bad" - they are bad and it's to the point that stupid comments like "get a life guys" shows the ignorance of why moral is so low here. But I guess instead of "crying the blues" I'll just tell my kids to kiss my ass.

[quote author=KDRPJAX link=topic=79340.msg823143#msg823143 date=1271761065]
Get a life guys :threadsux: :threadsux:
[/quote]

Whatever. A middle finger icon would suit my mood at the moment. Good luck "getting a life" with this bullshiz.

So it is Vitran's responsiblilty to make sure you get off in time to take care of your child? So I guess dispatch is supposed to say, "sorry, we can not make that pickup, our driver has to pick his child up". If there are health care issues, how about using FMLA, but otherwise deal with it. You said that you were laid off and yet you came back knowing how bad it was here. I just do not get it....oh by the way, for all you haters out there, I have found other employment to better myself and family. Guess what I am and always will be thankful for the opportunity that PJAX gave me. Once again, I tell you if you dont like the position you are in, crying like a little beeaaatch will not correct it. Peace out :thumbsup:

KDR if it is so good here why did ya leave. Why did the company not :buttkisser:. and as you told crash remove your self from this blog you dont work here any more :chairshot:

Techically I am still employed...and monkey---if it sucks so bad why dont you go find another mechanic job? I am sorry ...firestone does not need any tire changers

[quote author=TWanger link=topic=79340.msg823166#msg823166 date=1271768536]
I am a lower seniority Grand Rapids city driver. I don't know about the call from corp. to Farmer about cleaning things up, I can tell you for a FACT that this wacked bid shiz is true and so is the rudeness of the office people. And with having child care issues, this is going to be a nightmare for me. They will not listen and will not take any family issues into consideration other than walk away from the glory hole window when you try to talk to them about it. I've been with PJAX for almost 4 years counting being laid off for 8 months last year and have watched this go downhill with **** poor attitudes across the board. There is no "things are getting bad" - they are bad and it's to the point that stupid comments like "get a life guys" shows the ignorance of why moral is so low here. But I guess instead of "crying the blues" I'll just tell my kids to kiss my ass.

I know what your going through, have had the same issues for years and still have them issues. My only break is the summer time. Keep your head up and I hope everything will work out for you. SIMPLE OUT
[quote author=KDRPJAX link=topic=79340.msg823143#msg823143 date=1271761065]
Get a life guys :threadsux: :threadsux:
[/quote]

Whatever. A middle finger icon would suit my mood at the moment. Good luck "getting a life" with this bullshiz.
[/quote]

I am a GRR city driver, and everybody is right this new bid thing really sucks. At least before you knew what time you were starting everyday and what route went with that start time, so you could plan accordingly. Some drivers are being told by dispatch they don't know what route belongs to what time slot, others are being told the route that goes with that time. I've been here long enough to know that this idea of Farmer's wont last we try this at GRR about once a year to control the overtime. Maybe the TM should look at the guy's behind the glass as a probable cause of the overtime! :chairshot:

[quote author=KDRPJAX link=topic=79340.msg823412#msg823412 date=1271847303]
So it is Vitran's responsiblilty to make sure you get off in time to take care of your child? So I guess dispatch is supposed to say, "sorry, we can not make that pickup, our driver has to pick his child up". If there are health care issues, how about using FMLA, but otherwise deal with it. You said that you were laid off and yet you came back knowing how bad it was here. I just do not get it....oh by the way, for all you haters out there, I have found other employment to better myself and family. Guess what I am and always will be thankful for the opportunity that PJAX gave me. Once again, I tell you if you dont like the position you are in, crying like a little beeaaatch will not correct it. Peace out :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Well for starters, I don't need FMLA since my health is pretty good and I can wipe my own ass just fine myself without your advice thanks. You know I swear reading the useless comments you made makes me think I'm talking to management. Judging by your smart ass comments and lack of knowledge of reading what was said prompts me to stand you corrected. So I will fisher price this down for you in a way you can read and without getting me censored.

When I hired to PJAX, management was good for at least trying to help us with personal issues when they could. Today they will not even look at you and try to work with you. I am not the only one in the terminal that has things with kids and family either so don't give me your cry like a lil beeeatch comment because there were at least 5 other drivers up in arms about this with real life things so I guess in your narrow little mind, we're like a day care to you. I don't recall ever saying that it was bad here before. In fact, prior to the merger, I was overall pretty content in working for the company and had no idea how things had gone downhill while I was off. I also do not recall asking them to pamper me just for my needs. It was really quite simple. I have times that I am not available for work due to child care issues and they want us to put our families on the back burner for them. It was known to them by me from day one when I was and was not available. It called real life. You deal with it. Try thinking next time before you type and know your facts asswipe. Attacking me with your ignorance makes me feel better that people like you are no longer with this company. I've yet to see you type anything positve here.
With any luck, I hope your greener pastures turn into a haven for every dog and cat in your neighborhood to take a hot steamy one on too. :buttkisser: Ignoranus....

That's just it they (management) sit behind the glass with a set scheduled time each day and could careless anymore what needs a single parent may have. All they care about is the dollar signs for the terminal. Not that they need to pamper or baby us, but they could have at least took into consideration that are family/home lives.

See that they are hiring city and line haul drivers in GR. $15.68 and hour or .38 a mile.

Is the add wrong, did you all finally get the pay cut back or are new guys going to be staarting out higher?

whats going on now is gr drivers are some bad ass drivers sure there's some weak links (if you don't know who they are it's you) and we are top of the freight train. so any new hires should know this ain't no cake walk. we're truck drivers that are required duty service above and beyond to get it done that's what we do. :tribe:

[quote author=crash935 link=topic=79340.msg830989#msg830989 date=1274226028]
Dude, get out from under Farmers desk :buttkisser:
[/quote]you sir confuse work ethic with ass kissin i am completely off farmers radar haven't said 5 words to him this year. every thing i do is for self worth. you have posted enough to know what your worth. :tribe: