Averitt | What is Shuttle driving like at Averitt?

Drake L.

TB Lurker
Credits
I've been with Averitt 2 years and was wondering if I should stick with this company. Is their opportunity to make $100,000 being a shuttle/line haul driver like ups, FedEx, old dominion, and other companies?

I would say from experience, 29 years at Averitt, the average Shuttle driver will make 55k his first year and max out at 80k after many, many years. But this all depends on location, some centers are in an area to have several high mile runs, 550 a night plus. And some centers have only a few above 500 miles. If you need to be in the 100k club you would need to join a nation wide carrier like Fedex Ups Freight or XPO.

I would say from experience, 29 years at Averitt, the average Shuttle driver will make 55k his first year and max out at 80k after many, many years. But this all depends on location, some centers are in an area to have several high mile runs, 550 a night plus. And some centers have only a few above 500 miles. If you need to be in the 100k club you would need to join a nation wide carrier like Fedex Ups Freight or XPO.
Thank you for telling me salaries. Can ups city drivers become feeder drivers? I heard they cannot. What do you guys think of old dominion for a full length career?

Ups package drivers can be promoted to Feeder. OD is the most profitable, highest paying non union company .

I've been with Averitt 2 years and was wondering if I should stick with this company. Is their opportunity to make $100,000 being a shuttle/line haul driver like ups, FedEx, old dominion, and other companies?
You will NEVER make $100k with Averitt. Depending on your age, if you're young, RUN LIKE HELL from Averitt. I spent right at 20 years there but I was older. Had I been younger I would have been gone after 6 months.Averitt is nothing more than a training facility.

You will NEVER make $100k with Averitt. Depending on your age, if you're young, RUN LIKE HELL from Averitt. I spent right at 20 years there but I was older. Had I been younger I would have been gone after 6 months.Averitt is nothing more than a training facility.
I've been here about 2 years and I see what you mean, good comment.

JNJ Trucking in Memphis has moved all of their solo to .60 and their teams to .70. Come on Averitt it is time to come up on our pay. Where is the tax break money.
JNJ pulls off of our yards every night with meet and turns like us but now make more money with faster and nicer trucks.
Truly are second class in pay at our company.

Last edited:
80bvFMf.jpg

I want to make a lot of money without working hard at all, what company is best for this? I'm not lazy
I got a friend that’s a UPS feeder driver that twiddles his thumbs for half of his shift at $50-60/hour on overtime. So that sounds easy if that’s what you’re after.

That said I’m new at OD and I’m pretty easily on track to do over $100k my first year. I generally don’t work my 6th day, but the options there. That’s 12-14 hours a day, i think it’s easy but the schedule can make it frustrating if you’re not used to it.

Thank you for telling me salaries. Can ups city drivers become feeder drivers? I heard they cannot. What do you guys think of old dominion for a full length career?
You have different entities of UPS. UPS-small package / UPS Freight / UPS-CSI & others. UPS small pac promote to feeder within. UPS Freight city drivers can later bid on a linehaul run. CSI is another different ops

There are a fair amount of companies you can look at. I've previously posted that I believe (via TB info) total compensation is very similar amongst top tier LTL companies. Mileage rate vs drop & hook pay vs insurance premiums and coverage. I made $96 my third year at my place and I believe my insurance is the best short of Teamster paid. Mon-Fri 55 hours. A lot of opportunities in the current economy. JMO