FedEx Freight | What is the diff between national & freight?

blue4242

TB Lurker
Credits
I have this flier telling me why I should get a job w/national. Can someone explain the difference between freight and national (besides the pay)? How does it work out for the driver, do freight guys get weekends home? What about experience, is it a year also? Thanks.

Well, let's see if I can get this all screwed up for ya.

Freight linehaul drivers run shuttle runs or turns into hubs (breakbulks) at night, or laydowns twice a week with a meet on Monday or Friday. Also quite a few daytime meets Monday--Friday.

Very little weekend work, predominantly volunteer turns on Saturday or Sunday. I think there are a handful of Sunday night bid laydowns still left.

And yes, a year experience.

Someone from FNL will have to give their specifics.

FXF OAF

Well, let's see if I can get this all screwed up for ya.

Freight line-haul drivers run shuttle runs or turns into hubs (breakbulks) at night, or laydowns twice a week with a meet on Monday or Friday. Also quite a few daytime meets Monday--Friday.

Very little weekend work, predominantly volunteer turns on Saturday or Sunday. I think there are a handful of Sunday night bid laydowns still left.

And yes, a year experience.

Someone from FNL will have to give their specifics.

FXF OAF

As it stands right now FNL still is a team oriented company. For the next little while most new hires will need to run teams. Rumor has it that by the end of the year we will be 80 single 20 team but we have so many rumors going around you can not believe anything till it happens. Management is telling us we will continue to run as we have for the last ten years in that we will continue to run mainly teams. If you hire with national you need to make sure to ask if you will be required to run team or single as some of the small terminals do hire single only but most break bulks will make you run team till you get seniority or the way we operate changes

As it stands right now FNL still is a team oriented company. For the next little while most new hires will need to run teams. Rumor has it that by the end of the year we will be 80 single 20 team but we have so many rumors going around you can not believe anything till it happens. Management is telling us we will continue to run as we have for the last ten years in that we will continue to run mainly teams. If you hire with national you need to make sure to ask if you will be required to run team or single as some of the small terminals do hire single only but most break bulks will make you run team till you get seniority or the way we operate changes
And we do work a lot of weekends here at fnl