ABF | what is the end result.....?

Boys if you want to make this a male/female topic...that's fine if that blows up your skirts. Personally, to me it's about being able to pay my mortgage every month. (not to mention many of your ABFers are females)

I'm not going to waste my time posting because I only get bashed no matter what I say and that's fine. We will all know the verdict in the next few weeks anyhow.

For the record; my boss makes well over $100,000 per year. Did he take any cuts in the last 2 years? No... Did I lose any sleep over it? No.. enough said...

[quote author=feistY link=topic=79638.msg825802#msg825802 date=1272628620]
Boys if you want to make this a male/female topic...that's fine if that blows up your skirts. Personally, to me it's about being able to pay my mortgage every month. (not to mention many of your ABFers are females)

I'm not going to waste my time posting because I only get bashed no matter what I say and that's fine. We will all know the verdict in the next few weeks anyhow.

For the record; my boss makes well over $100,000 per year. Did he take any cuts in the last 2 years? No... Did I lose any sleep over it? No.. enough said...
[/quote]Your fine with giving up your money while your boss keeps his???? you are a walmart dream

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=79638.msg825692#msg825692 date=1272584763]
Time and time again, I hear women complain that their pay scale is not up to a mans for the same job title. Now, I can actually see why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote] :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: well said brother, i actually laughed out loud!!

I hope everone has taken the time to personaly read the entire proposal, personaly, and not just listened to their local barns loud mouth! Reading some of these posts on here makes me wonder. You have to take time to read it and understand it before you can make a decision on what is best for you and your family. and by the way , NO I'm not management! I'm just a simple driver that is sick and tired of everybody thinking they know everything about this proposal. If you would take the time to read you would know tha we would not be locked in a pay cut if they operate at a 94.

[quote author=woodennose link=topic=79638.msg825960#msg825960 date=1272680874]
I hope everone has taken the time to personaly read the entire proposal, personaly, and not just listened to their local barns loud mouth! Reading some of these posts on here makes me wonder. You have to take time to read it and understand it before you can make a decision on what is best for you and your family. and by the way , NO I'm not management! I'm just a simple driver that is sick and tired of everybody thinking they know everything about this proposal. If you would take the time to read you would know tha we would not be locked in a pay cut if they operate at a 94.
[/quote]

You better read that a couple more times and then you might just get it! They could start running at an 84 next month and continue and stay at an 84 for 3 years.If they did,then on April 1,2011,our pay cut will go down to 10%. April 1,2012..our pay cut would be down to 5%. Before you start bashing,atleast know what you are talking about!

Well feisty, I guess that you can't or won't answer my question. You go from not trusting the company to trusting the company.What made you trust them?

[quote author=feistY link=topic=79638.msg825802#msg825802 date=1272628620]

[/quote]Is that the way the drivers look like on the other side of the dispatch window, as females? I wonder if the drivers look the same in the parking lot too?

I'm glad you took the time to read, and I wasnt bashing. I was just wondering if you read everything before you post. By the way it sounds to me like you are the one bashing. Maybe you have a problem with women in this industry!

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=79638.msg825692#msg825692 date=1272584763]
Time and time again, I hear women complain that their pay scale is not up to a mans for the same job title. Now, I can actually see why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
Lets keep off the issue of woman complaining about pay scales. This isn't the Walmart forum. We aren't here to dis woman. Lets keep it on topic.

feistY, Why did you change your mind?

[quote author=woodennose link=topic=79638.msg826180#msg826180 date=1272739268]
I'm glad you took the time to read, and I wasnt bashing. I was just wondering if you read everything before you post. By the way it sounds to me like you are the one bashing. Maybe you have a problem with women in this industry!
[/quote]Careful now, doesn't ABF give out dvd's for their management figures on the approaches on how to communicate and work with others that have different ethnic backgrounds and opposite sex's in the office? Might need to ask the boss for that dvd again, and try not to trip over common-sense again. :biglaugh:

help save yrc vote no!!!!

Good on you! A Yes vote is a vote to screw over all workers, not just Teamsters Union jobs.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

look brothers and sisters abf corporate big wigs made the decisions that according to them put us in a financial bind, and now puts us the money makers of the company to choose a pay cut. well i am not voteing yes i have never recieved a bonus for makeing them big money or even a thank you so to ABF big wigs f@#k you i am not your mom or dad to pay your bills. i have to file bankruptcy since i cant afford my bills due to very low hours and our company lieing and telling EDD i refuse work how can i refuse what you dont give me, so with that come ask me again for a sacrifice but do it in person and bring your family so they can hear the truth and then explain to them why mommy and daddy are trying to steal from good families. i bet you wont do it since you can lie to us and still from us but never would you let that happen in your family. be honest to yourselves you need bills paid cut your wages Ft. Smith is not as expensive as Los Angeles or New York...extra cheese is a priviledge we all could do without....... PEACE AND LOVE FAMILY.....

Lets say we vote this 15% down, what do you think they are going to ask for next may. I belive if they are still around in a year they will be coming after our pension and health care. Remember this is a one time vote.Sure there is nothing to say that even if we vote it in they wont come back in a year and ask for more but if things start turning around they realy cant ask for anything else.

[quote author=woodennose link=topic=79638.msg826765#msg826765 date=1272910718]
Lets say we vote this 15% down, what do you think they are going to ask for next may. I belive if they are still around in a year they will be coming after our pension and health care. Remember this is a one time vote.Sure there is nothing to say that even if we vote it in they wont come back in a year and ask for more but if things start turning around they realy cant ask for anything else.
[/quote] Do you truly believe abf might not be here next may?? They have been after our health & pension for the past 5 years. Do you not remember them wanting to buy us out of our pension last time the contract was up. What makes you believe this is a one time vote? the contract ? yea that's been honored so far during this. This company is trying to scareyou intimidate your family & extort your earning in order for the privilage to work there & it sounds like they are succeeding. We are not YRC, ABF tells you that everyday they just want to pay you what YRC pays because they believe they can & they believe you say thank you to them for it!!! VOTE NO !!

[quote author=woodennose link=topic=79638.msg826765#msg826765 date=1272910718]
[/quote]MAYBE THEY WILL FOCUS ON GETTING BACK TO BUISNESS AND QUIT LOOKING AT US TO PAY THEM BACK FOR THE RECESSION!!!!!! :rant:

It said in the proposal "If the union fails to receive a majority of the votes, a one year "election bar" will apply before another election can be conducted in that group of employees." Thats in Appendix 1 par. f

[quote author=woodennose link=topic=79638.msg827924#msg827924 date=1273277255]
It said in the proposal "If the union fails to receive a majority of the votes, a one year "election bar" will apply before another election can be conducted in that group of employees." Thats in Appendix 1 par. f
[/quote]

Just think about why they put that in there! Now, both sides want this very bad which tells me that it's a very good scare tactic because it tells the ones that really think the company needs help to take this deal or else.Guess what, they just got their yes vote! Brainwashing 101,my friend.

[quote author=woodennose link=topic=79638.msg825960#msg825960 date=1272680874]
[/quote]
The unfortunate thing is that most will NOT read the proposal. Also it is rather disappointing to see how immature so many of the posters on these boards are. Good luck to ABF your chances of survival are much better than YRC's. IMO bashing someone for posting their honest opinion is about as childish as anyone can get. :popcorn:

I agree on the yes vote! Not one person working for ABF had the company come to your door and ask you to work for them. You all asked them for the job. If 15% is too much for you to give back then feel free to go find another job out there where the pay is this good even at 15% less. Report back here and tell us of your search. Am I a company man? Yes I am! Let's all put our High School Business classes to work and see that ABF does need the help and do the right thing to help us all.