FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMOKESTACK

Survival my only hope , success my only option.
Administrator
Credits
:soapbox: Here is your chance to tell everyone your main reason why you want a union to represent us here at FedEx Freight please.

IE > (mistreatment by management , pay , new rules , old rules , work hours , too many hours , not enough hours , color of our uniforms , ect.........)

Fair work rules. Work rules that are in place and cannot change on a whim. Someone to be able to report to that will actually follow up when ops mgrs say things like "I know I just took ten minutes of your pre-trip time away, and I'm not telling you to cut any corners, but we still need to get out of the yard on time.".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Work rules that are in print and available to all employees to have with them at all times.
Grievance process mostly for disciplinary actions but also for run arounds.
Hopes of more affordable health insurance and a better pension.

1) Compensation that keeps up with or beats inflation (pay and insurance) no more smoke and mirrors (raise followed 6 mo. later by insurance increase)

2) Reasonable Rules for all to work by. (Yes,printed)

3) Job security that recognizes seniority

Note: These are my concerns in order, but it's a "Three Legged Stool", no two worth much without the other.

1) Compensation that keeps up with or beats inflation (pay and insurance) no more smoke and mirrors (raise followed 6 mo. later by insurance increase)

2) Reasonable Rules for all to work by. (Yes,printed)

3) Job security that recognizes seniority

Note: These are my concerns in order, but it's a "Three Legged Stool", no two worth much without the other.
Attention FedEx management personel that are clearly monitoring all the activity here: what is wrong with this posters thoughts, among the other excellent posts? Why can't you take the high road and do the right thing? You bought companies that used to respect these things and it worked for all concerned. This is the core of what made these companies so appealing to you back then in the first place. Only thing I would add is if it was a four legged stool there might be some agreement on a level of mutual respect, even though it should be automatic for all, it works both ways as to showing and losing, it needs working on as you (Fxfe) are burning it to the ground

Job security from fire happy managers.

Rules in black and white! Not on the intranet to be changed at FEDEX's convenience.

Compensation on par with competitors

Work place violence policy that applies to management , and not just employees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Equal pay for all regardless of where you live. We all do the same job and I'm tired of this five different pay scale crap. I understand the use of Purchase but our drivers get loaded first. They are supposed to be overflow and thats how they should be loaded. I get tired of waiting to get my hooks and watching these guys walk right in and get handed theirs. Better raises, job security, cheaper insurance, a better pension, and all of the other things mentioned before me.

job security if there is sucha thing. pension plan and work rules in black and white and not changing as the days pass. what was ok yesterday is not ok today. just looking for security and not so much thin ice so to speak

being secure and treated like a human. Not worried about being fired for making a mistake. been with the company for 8 yrs no write ups make one mistake and your almost out the door. like I said security. Respect I give it to management wish they would give it back.

We have to realize that our pay has stayed competitive and we have what we have because FedEx always tried to take care of us to keep the union out.

We have what we have because of the threat of a union.

Our pay has fallen a little behind and the write ups and the hostile work environment have been very frustrating lately. FedEx has seen how weak the union has gotten over the last few years and their focus has been on putting YRC under and weakening the union even further. I don't think FedEx ever counted on their own work force going union.

That is the main reason that I think we need to unionize. Without the union breathing down FedEx's neck, FedEx will only become a more hostile work environment.

Equal pay for all regardless of where you live. We all do the same job and I'm tired of this five different pay scale crap. I understand the use of Purchase but our drivers get loaded first. They are supposed to be overflow and thats how they should be loaded. I get tired of waiting to get my hooks and watching these guys walk right in and get handed theirs. Better raises, job security, cheaper insurance, a better pension, and all of the other things mentioned before me.

RC gets tired of seeing PT run while our drivers are sitting at home.
Also, re: one pay scale, I respectfully disagree with you.

1- Job security 2- do away with the scorecard( and no I don't have points but one bad day and you are done) and for all the new guys who came here with a ticket you've got one foot out the door by the way! 3- rule book in black and white 4- to be able to take it day off with out getting punished for going to your kid's graduation( managers come and go as they please) 5- a better retirement plan and better benefits!!! none of this Obama BS!
Everyone has a list of reasons and we all need to stick to our guns on this. Let's not get stupid and for those of you that are against it that's your choice and opinion but I feel bad for you when they do FIRE you and you wonder what happened! just saying because it's only a matter of time for everyone, before you know it they will start charging us points for suicidal deers that run into the truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
The time for change has Come and Gone! Change ....... It's not worth the time and key notes any further ....... Mr. Smith needs to travel from facility to facility to hear the concerns of HIS WORK FORCE! And ....................AND not someone at those meetings (P. REED) only taking the questions HE wants to answer.

Work rules that both management and drivers have to follow, not this BS of what works best for the company at that time. Protection from BS firings that go through their little dog and pony show of a review and the driver is still fired even though everyone knows its a bunch of cr@p. Someone to have our backs when we are doing the best we can. Oh and I almost forgot the awsome horsehead jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.