Yellow | What is YRC management giving up?

Why do supervisors need internet access at the dock stands?? Why?? Someone please answer this for me?? You tube, fantasy football and facebook have nothing to do with the dock operation. Cut them off!

At our barn, the afternoon dispatcher comes in around noon and leaves around 9 each day. During that nine hours, he leaves for 30-45 minutes for lunch each day, but the kicker is that he spends on average 2-3 hours talking on his phone to his buddies or watching videos on the phone. We can't (not suppose) to use our phones. He bitches about how much he has to do and is constantly on drivers about not getting back in a timely manner.

This sounds like the same thing going on at other barns, so why does YRC put up with this type of management? They seem to look the other way when it comes to their side, but can't wait to find something picky that the drivers do wrong. Most of the drivers that I know come to work for one thing, that is to do their job and get the f**k out to go home.

DON'T EVEN SUGGEST AN IDEA THAT MIGHT OVER-RIDE THE SUPREME MANAGEMENT DECISIONS OF HOW TO DO SOMETHING THAT MAKES SENSE, BECAUSE WE ARE ONLY STUPID TRUCK DRIVERS!!!!

If YRC wants some concessions, then throw us a bone. They need to establish some type of timeline:
1. Give us back our vacations now
2. Increase pensions to 50% in 2015
3. Increase pensions to 75% in 2018
4. Increase pensions to 100% at end of any extended contract
5. If for any reason, any mention of extension of a new contract during that time everything (pay, pensions
payments, vacations, etc.) snaps back to 100%
6. Management takes same type of pay concession as the rank and file, if we can't keep up with COL then why should they

Maybe number 5 will keep them shutup for a few years !!! We can only hope ! GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
nice post. if we suggest a light might need to be fixed, or a broken flag may cause an injury, we are heard. if we suggest for the 150th time, you should not put 11 sorts side by side, or 15 loads that are'nt billed in a row, we are told to shut up and do what we are told.
we see the phone use here as well, as well as internet and care of personal businesses for many hours on yrc dime. same sup will give you much grief for talking, as soon as he completes his personal business.

I just wonder where anyone gets the idea that mgmt didn't take cuts? mgmt took more cuts that the teamsters did. they have ZERO pension, lost the performance pay, loss of vacation, ZERO raises even though teamsters have gotten a raise every single year, PERMANENT pay cut, increased cost for health care with increased deductibles and co-pays and
with less coverage while TEamsters pay ZERO for their coverage and it's some of the best coverage around

I just wonder where anyone gets the idea that mgmt didn't take cuts? mgmt took more cuts that the teamsters did. they have ZERO pension, lost the performance pay, loss of vacation, ZERO raises even though teamsters have gotten a raise every single year, PERMANENT pay cut, increased cost for health care with increased deductibles and co-pays and
with less coverage while TEamsters pay ZERO for their coverage and it's some of the best coverage around
You're wasting your time. Too many of the regular posters here are convinced that management is treated better than we are.

IMO dock and relay supers are treated worse than teamsters could imagine.but id also say its pretty rosey for those positions a step or two and above.all those 6 figure guys are having a party .

Two stupidvosors at my barn have 7 weeks vacation each. They got their pay back as well. Not to mention we have more of these morons walking around then we did before the recession. They get no sympathy here. They want a choice, SIGN A CARD.

Slabpatrol you and your compadres need to join our union and some fun for a change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Page 41 of the 2013 Proxy Statement provides the most recent total annual compensation of the top five YRC execs.
Welch $1.6 million
Pierson $1.4 million
Russell $1.4 million
Rogers $1.8 million
O'Connor $0.8 million
This can be found on page 41 at this link: YRC Worldwide - Definitive Proxy Statement

The FMLA allows you to take single days at a time so if your out of time & have legit reason too this is an option that isn't exercised enough or communicated properly to the Rank & File

agree , plus the union board members getting paid $175,000.00 a year need to give back to !!!

Slabpatrol you and your compadres need to join our union and some fun for a change.

Appreciate the offer, but I'm happy with my choice YEARS ago. Family matters forced a change a few years back, but I'm still happy doing what I'm doing.

If I remember right, our pension was frozen 6 years ago, well before MOU and the renogiating of the contract.

Doesnt look like the company is doing real bad.With top executives being paid over a million plus.not too shabby.I know I would accept that kind of compensation.If I were in their shoes

I might add.when it comes to pushing and shoving.If the company fails to make the forecasted projections.And this failure affects the top echelon mgmts money.You can bet they would be coming to us for charity.So that they can recover their losses

I was only speaking to his total compensation, which was more than a 50% cut in 2012 vs. 2011. If his salary was $50,000 and his other total compensation was $2MM would you let him argue that he took a 90%+ paycut? Absolutely not; you'd include his entire compensation.

Personally, I'd rather see all the directors and executives of the corp have a very small base salary ($100K-$200K) and receive huge stock grants/options. That's their incentive to increase share price for all shareholders.

Increasing the price per share is usually not a benefit to employees, they can get a bump in share prices by cutting pay and increasing the dividend payment.

Shareholders and employees are not mutually exclussive....not that you'd want to be a YRCW shareholder. Just stating that you have to look at the directors' entire compensation package when asking "what is management giving up"? Talk about shared sacrifice...