Guest viewing is limited
  • Truckingboards is a MEMBERS ONLY Private Forum that first got it's start in 1999, Membership is 100% Free, We have Over 40k Members and approaching 2 million posts that date back to the early 2000's.Registration is easy and fast. We specialize in LTL trucking. Get off those Facebook Groups and come to a place where your identity will be unknown unless you tell someone. Truckingboards has a mobile app that works for Android you can install from your mobile browser. Sorry Apple Users, I know nothing about them.

Click Here

For instructions on how to install the mobile app.

What It’s Like Inside Big Tech Now: “Utterly Surreal To Watch The Deterioration”

Northern Flash

Let's go Brandon!
Premium
Wow. No surprise there. But they've gone big time and have no ambition to do anything big in the form of innovation now. Too much money and wokeness kills ambition.

1984Sideways

On a final dispatch, do not get anymore tomorrows.
Well they brought that onto themselves.

I would have left that industry as well. No tears here. They get to rot in their special dante's circle of hell.

Years ago I did not mind the occasional hooker knocking on the door at the fuel tank. At least its understood without any confusion. I told the wife to be ready for that plus woke beta males knocking for my company as well. And so lo and behold it came to pass. That story and it's outcome I keep off the net. It did not go well for that one at all. It was a pleasure to deliver a few rounds of applied learning.

Toby

I live Here
Sounds like they need time under the stars and trees with fresh air. That industry is toxic to begin with, add in a woke culture and you loose a sense of ground

1984Sideways

On a final dispatch, do not get anymore tomorrows.
Sounds like they need time under the stars and trees with fresh air. That industry is toxic to begin with, add in a woke culture and you loose a sense of ground
I studied IT in college.

It was a two year attempt to transform a old dog from Trucking to something that would be quite something indeed in the world after trucking.

What I witnessed instead was eye opening on that campus. We had one student, he was younger, but was employed in the Cable/Internet services for our local county. Constantly buried in his devices, connecting online like a baby looking for a milk bottle at all hours and staggering to class after a 4 am marathon nursing of a sick server to keep 10,000 people from angrily calling tech support, where is my damn internet?

Why is he even coming to college for the same thing hes already hefting at work with the employer in IT? Hes already doing it in the real world. He said the Employer requires their people to hold certifications and degrees in IT. Its never ending. Almost like jewelry in CDL Endorsement, TWIC, etc etc etc. Just a basic CDL A does not cut it anymore.

No thanks. With my luck, the poor kid can (Hes 20s to me still a kid) will fix my internet one late morning at 4 am when mine quits after I call tech support. Thats not much of a life if you ask me. (And trucking is?)

If my load of meat did not get to hunts point today I only have to deal with one dispatcher. Im glad not to be the hunts point reciever dealing with a city full of customers waiting on the stuff.

I actually cut my losses and dropped out entirely. Two reasons. The campus was implementing what I call early form of woke policies. and the other was the importation of H1B visa workers from India overseas to study It here and take my future job in the data center on the base. The State brought in the first batch of 30 to our campus.

I put in the quit forms formally the next day at their admin center. I think the bill for the learning was about 3000 to 10K due and eventually all of it was paid off. Not all of the knowledge gained was wasted however. I probably got that back already by not taking sick comptuers to best buy for the geek squad to fix.

Last edited: