Estes | What I've heard

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
I hear the raises are a go so we will get one. :1036316054:
now how much is the key ???:hide:

Just reach down and punch that little button on the left side of your seat and give yourself a raise.

OH WAIT... Do Estes trucks have air ride seats?:hide:

ouch what did i do to you.. and yes they do air ride seats ...just got 'em last week

The company should freeze ALL raises and guarantee you a job. Having A job is better than the company spending to much in wages and closing the doors. Things are going to get real tight in the next 6 months, do you all remember this past winter/spring?? Itis going to be even Worse this winter/spring and the cost of utility bills,food,gas and everything is uo higher than a year ago.

Keeping what you have is better than losing it all. Estes will be around through this economic melt down only if the bills are kept under a tight rein, they are strong enough to weather this storm and be there as some of the last few LTL companys left out there.

I would say if Damages would get under control then raises could be given but the damage rate is WAY TO HIGH Work with your co-workers, have your TM and sups. talk with their connecting terminals and as a whole company damages can be controlled.

Get your O/R in the low 80's or mid 70's, get damage free in the 99 range, on time del/pu at 99 and then get a raise you can honestly deserve.

I am not blaming 1 person here, it is a company wide problem that can start with YOUR Treminal.

The company should freeze ALL raises and guarantee you a job. Having A job is better than the company spending to much in wages and closing the doors. Things are going to get real tight in the next 6 months, do you all remember this past winter/spring?? Itis going to be even Worse this winter/spring and the cost of utility bills,food,gas and everything is uo higher than a year ago.

Keeping what you have is better than losing it all. Estes will be around through this economic melt down only if the bills are kept under a tight rein, they are strong enough to weather this storm and be there as some of the last few LTL companys left out there.

I would say if Damages would get under control then raises could be given but the damage rate is WAY TO HIGH Work with your co-workers, have your TM and sups. talk with their connecting terminals and as a whole company damages can be controlled.

Get your O/R in the low 80's or mid 70's, get damage free in the 99 range, on time del/pu at 99 and then get a raise you can honestly deserve.

I am not blaming 1 person here, it is a company wide problem that can start with YOUR Treminal.
Wow TOP FLIGHT, your not asking for too much! An o/r in the mid 70's before you get a raise? Damnit boy!!! Get your tie off and start driving the truck and working the dock!!!! I must be in the Twilight Zone! what economy am I living in!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!:chairshot:

shoeman

your company used to do it!

it is do able with teamwork
We have nothing but teamwork at my company(USF HOLLAND). The problem is we are YRC now, not to mention the economy. Show me on paper a trucking company operating in the 70's and i'll kiss your arse! I mean a good size, heavy-hitting company!

shoeman ,even if we do not agree elsewhere on the boards i agree an o/r like that can not be achieved by any mid-size to large ltl right now.i would even bet that most are happy to be in the low 90's right now.

well estes is set with debt free and a good stance on what they do. so a trucking company that don't invest in trucks, training, new forklifts, better computer systems is a good idea ???
top flight the post you have here shows me you will never be anything but a middle management wanna-be.
why wouldn't estes want to invest in their drivers ??? help retain the few they have left and obtain better drivers in the future.
thats what seperates good companies from bad
a bad company looks at a driver as a steering wheel holder
a good company looks at drivers as an investment.
drivers are what make a company. has a company ever been built on management ???
no a company is made on service and 2 things make service..
TRUCK AND DRIVER. the 2 most important things in a company.
without TRUCK/DRIVER a trucking company would not exist.
think before you post top flight

Think what you want beerboy, the FACT is that Estes must get the damage claim down,they must work on keeping operating costs down and that in return will make a better bottom line to keep you collecting a pay check every week.

I have Always said that the dock and drivers make or break a company and it is up to the management to keep that communication line open and work together. Stop your petty crap trying to read what you want and read what I wrote.

I've heard that our OR is in the low to mid 90's... now of course that's just speculation since we aren't a public company and they'll never actually tell you what our OR is. Keeping damages down is important. Can't agree more, but intelligent routing of the freight to reduce handling is just as critical. Having the drivers at the terminals where the o/b is heavy and actually being able to move and service the freight is just as critical. As we move into the modern age... which most of our competitors have already joined.. we'll be able to reduce more overhead. One thing we need more of is proper training, and proper materials to do the dock work with. You can't expect guys to be able to cube trailers and reduce claims when we don't have the materials to do the job, and when the men that are training them are teaching them the wrong way from the first day they step foot on the dock. Now here's where providing the employees with yearly raises comes into effect. As our pay scale remains competitive and comparable to our competition maybe we'll be able to lure some experienced personel away from companies and away from their lay off status. If Richmond would add delay pay and OT pay into the mix, that'd only help. BTW as we've been told its not a cost of living adjustment anymore.. its a performance adjustment. So have you all done enough :butt kiss: to get yours?

Topflight a couple questions for you.
Do you know what OR is?
Do you know how it is figured?
What OR is profitable?
I think you have not a clue, but I will wait and pass judgement if you can answer these questions. Oh and fellow drivers please no helping topflight let him/her look it up for itself

sorry if you think i am reading into stuff top flight. i just feel if the claims is an issue .. which it is. maybe paying a little more would get you a little more better guys. guys that make more should be more professional !!!
if a company pays more the company can maybe hold the guys "feet to the fire" a little more. just my 2 cents.

Topflight a couple questions for you.
Do you know what OR is? YES
Do you know how it is figured?YES
What OR is profitable?YES
I think you have not a clue, but I will wait and pass judgement if you can answer these questions. Oh and fellow drivers please no helping topflight let him/her look it up for itself

99% is a profit of $1.00 of every $100.00 made.(billed)

Explaining OR to you is way over your comprehension as you said you had A Couple questions and you asked 3.

A Couple is 2

It would take to long also.:smilie_132:

beerboy,

You have to EARN a raise to get a Raise. Do a good job and lower claims. How or where do you expect this money for rasies to come from in tough economy times and Estes has to pay so much out in claims? There is only so much money to go around and conserving every dollar is what is a must now.:smilie_132:

How bout "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" Topflight,shouldn't you be wiping your balls down for the golf game with the rest of the term. managers and discussing the pay raise and your thoughts on why we don't deserve one?:toxic:

Explaining OR to you is way over your comprehension as you said you had A Couple questions and you asked 3.

A Couple is 2

beerboy,

You have to EARN a raise to get a Raise. Do a good job and lower claims. How or where do you expect this money for rasies to come from in tough economy times and Estes has to pay so much out in claims? There is only so much money to go around and conserving every dollar is what is a must now.:smilie_132:

That's right we're all just dumb truck drivers and dockworkers... we can't comprehend the financial end of the ltl business. :hysterical: What I do understand is that I haven't been given a company vehicle to drive to and from work, which means I have to pay to get to work. Our gas costs more, the food we bring for lunch costs more, the price in the vending machines at my terminal has gone through the roof. If I understand correctly, the company has adjusted their rates to haul freight and line their pockets. We're the ones doing the work, so adjusting our rates only seems like the right thing to do. Call me crazy, but then again I guess the we're all probably just not seeing the "BIG picture".

A Couple is 2

Actually you are wrong 99.99% is a profit. Billed? :chairshot: you obviously are in way over your head. You could not explain OR because you do not know what it is. All you have to do is admit you do not know and I will be glad to school you on what it is. Oh by the way I actually comprehend more than you think. Oh by the way oh smart one let me school you on how incomprehendible you are
Although the phrase a couple of has been well established in English since before the Renaissance, modern critics have sometimes maintained that a couple of is too inexact to be appropriate in formal writing. But the inexactitude of a couple of may serve a useful purpose, suggesting that the writer is indifferent to the precise number of items involved. Thus the sentence She lives only a couple of miles away implies not only that the distance is short but that its exact measure is unimportant. This usage should be considered unobjectionable on all levels of style.
:smilie_132:

sorry if you think i am reading into stuff top flight. i just feel if the claims is an issue .. which it is. maybe paying a little more would get you a little more better guys. guys that make more should be more professional !!!
if a company pays more the company can maybe hold the guys "feet to the fire" a little more. just my 2 cents.

You took it exactly the way he/she posted it. I comprehended it the same way.:1036316054:

A Couple is 2

Actually you are wrong 99.99% is a profit. Billed? :chairshot: you obviously are in way over your head. You could not explain OR because you do not know what it is. All you have to do is admit you do not know and I will be glad to school you on what it is. Oh by the way I actually comprehend more than you think. Oh by the way oh smart one let me school you on how incomprehendible you are
Although the phrase a couple of has been well established in English since before the Renaissance, modern critics have sometimes maintained that a couple of is too inexact to be appropriate in formal writing. But the inexactitude of a couple of may serve a useful purpose, suggesting that the writer is indifferent to the precise number of items involved. Thus the sentence She lives only a couple of miles away implies not only that the distance is short but that its exact measure is unimportant. This usage should be considered unobjectionable on all levels of style.
:smilie_132:

Once again an employee that disputes stupidity with fact, the management types love that sort of thing. GREAT Friggin post!! :1036316054: