Estes | What I've heard

OR is the state between Cali & Washington......Also $1.00 of every $100.00 = 1%..... I aint never.

you guys at estes seem like you are making good money but to
have to sit at a terminal for 3 to 4 hours or longer and not
get paid for delay that is crazy. one of estes xboard drivers told me that he
sat at a new youk terminal 18 hours before he got dispatched,for someone who
has to stay out 5 days and sits at one terminal that long he just lost a whole days
pay being that he would have to take another set of hours. as far as damaged freight these companies are trying to cover so much area next day that the guys at the hubs are in such a hurry to meet cut times that they dont have time to take care of the customers freight they just got to get it off one trailer on to the other to meet that cut time. use to be when they first started this next day freight it was a big thing now the customer just wants the freight damage free and there when you say it will be there and a good rate. go back and start taking care of the customers freight and stop worring about how fast you can get it there then you reduce unsatified customers and claims.

OR is the state between Cali & Washington......Also $1.00 of every $100.00 = 1%..... I aint never.
I dont know why the $100 dollar thing is thrown in there. You can look at it this way if you are talking O/R. Lets say your at on o/r of 99%. In simple terms that means that for every dollar made by the company, it cost them 99 cents to do it. Thus a 1% profit. Not real good but a profit nonetheless. I wont get into the raise thing as I dont work for you guys! Have a good one.:1036316054:

After reading this hog wash you guys are over paid already! (just kidding)

99%OR and 1% profit, same thing!

turned,
school me on the linehaul,hub runs and their split miles of other terminals with the gross and net per terminal cost of weight factor, billing of gross/net on the way bills per mile/hour as well with the employee and truck cost figure per mile/hour. Remember the breaks and pre trip included.

Explain the cost per driver,truck,each bill on said trailer and profit per mile/hour .
How much weight and cube is made or lost per ratio capita of miles,driver and truck cost and always remember to count trailer cost also. It seems I am forgetting something here.

Always remember to keep in mind how long/far the PU driver was involved and how long/far the P&D driver will be involved.

wow top flight is so smart.

top flight and shoeman estes has everything on a cost per bill.... i mean everything . thats how they turn profit.

After reading this hog wash you guys are over paid already! (just kidding)

99%OR and 1% profit, same thing!

turned,
school me on the linehaul,hub runs and their split miles of other terminals with the gross and net per terminal cost of weight factor, billing of gross/net on the way bills per mile/hour as well with the employee and truck cost figure per mile/hour. Remember the breaks and pre trip included.

Explain the cost per driver,truck,each bill on said trailer and profit per mile/hour.

How much weight and cube is made or lost per ratio capita of miles,driver and truck cost and always remember to count trailer cost also. It seems I am forgetting something here.

Always remember to keep in mind how long/far the PU driver was involved and how long/far the P&D driver will be involved.

How can I keep this in mind when I do not know what run nor bills nor kind of freight etc. etc. etc.:hysterical:
Oh a little schooling for you. You forgot terminal expenses wear and tear dock cost fuel costs and so on :biglaugh:
OMG you know nothing. The values you ask for are not available.
Example: Explain the cost per driver,truck,each bill on said trailer and profit per mile/hour. First You would need to know the billed total where the run was to and from the drivers rate of pay. And how in the world would I know what the bills totaled. You are obviously not as smart as you think you are :toxic: and still avoiding the questions I asked you.

Wow I go away and all hell breaks loose. Hey Top Heavy. How about this concept? The LTL industry raises their rates back to where they should have been all along. STOP THE CUT THROAT RATE DISCOUNTS. Then we all won't be smoking our calculators trying to figure out the best way to turn a profit. Which usually winds up burning the nuts and bolts of this industry (drivers, dock workers etc.) Only my limited knowledge of financial advisement offered here. TE out....

you guys at estes seem like you are making good money but to
have to sit at a terminal for 3 to 4 hours or longer and not
get paid for delay that is crazy. one of estes xboard drivers told me that he
sat at a new youk terminal 18 hours before he got dispatched,for someone who
has to stay out 5 days and sits at one terminal that long he just lost a whole days
pay being that he would have to take another set of hours. as far as damaged freight these companies are trying to cover so much area next day that the guys at the hubs are in such a hurry to meet cut times that they dont have time to take care of the customers freight they just got to get it off one trailer on to the other to meet that cut time. use to be when they first started this next day freight it was a big thing now the customer just wants the freight damage free and there when you say it will be there and a good rate. go back and start taking care of the customers freight and stop worring about how fast you can get it there then you reduce unsatified customers and claims.

If your willing to run Estes will run ya 600+ every day. If we were paid wait time I would be waiting for the phone to ring to ring at the house. (Ask some of the yrc driver's) I dont mind waiting a few hours without pay. Some termininals are good for that. Eddison Nj is one of them. It dont matter if you get there at 3am your not getting out until midnight. If your smart its possible to run the system without ever having any wait time. I run late all week and finish up late morning or early afternoon. Friday's I head straight home.(if possible). I don't care if its 2 miles. Everyone I talk to get's plenty miles and seem to be happy. I wouldn't mind getting $20.00 that 1 hour I may wait but it isnt worth losing over $300.00 a day. There's always going to be damaged freight. In a hurry or not. Just because of pure laziness..............somebody tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

top flight I guess you are or used to be in management somewhere. Nothing like ignoring things when you are wrong or do not know the answer. Keep the shiny side up