what needs to be done to send a message and save ourselves

disturbed1

TB Lurker
Credits
we as a company are still hanging in there pretty good ..well at least here at 52...but others at different companies are no longer around..latest victim to the economy among other things is jevic.. i have heard other trucking companies are in danger as well... true or false i have no idea but sure wouldnt be surprised if they are not in trouble..this bs over the deisel prices is killing this country with our fuel cost through the roof, food prices that cant be touched anymore...what we all need to do in this industry is to sit for one day...get ALL the ltl companies and over the road drivers and agree to sit and not move A THING.. for one day...see what happens to this country..i have heard if nobody drove for a day the fuel prices would come down big time...lets see if it's true...the company should call others and our customers and eveyone should agree the best way to deal with all this bs thats crippling the economy is to not move a thing... dont worry the white wont help you on this one let me tell you...to much nimby in this country(not in my back yard)..cant drill here,cant use nucleur, can't have enough alternative fuels... dont build a new refinery and put people to work god forbid...etc...
while the world laughs at us since we cannot supply OURSELVES with fuel, the prices and complaining keep going but we have nobody to blame but ourselves....so lets all sit for one day, then we shall see what happens...but this would be to easy and might actually work... this drastic measure is needed so that we save all of our fellow brothers on the road day in and day out because "we all have the right to eat"...somehow that is

we as a company are still hanging in there pretty good ..well at least here at 52...but others at different companies are no longer around..latest victim to the economy among other things is jevic.. i have heard other trucking companies are in danger as well... true or false i have no idea but sure wouldnt be surprised if they are not in trouble..this bs over the deisel prices is killing this country with our fuel cost through the roof, food prices that cant be touched anymore...what we all need to do in this industry is to sit for one day...get ALL the ltl companies and over the road drivers and agree to sit and not move A THING.. for one day...see what happens to this country..i have heard if nobody drove for a day the fuel prices would come down big time...lets see if it's true...the company should call others and our customers and eveyone should agree the best way to deal with all this bs thats crippling the economy is to not move a thing... dont worry the white wont help you on this one let me tell you...to much nimby in this country(not in my back yard)..cant drill here,cant use nucleur, can't have enough alternative fuels... dont build a new refinery and put people to work god forbid...etc...
while the world laughs at us since we cannot supply OURSELVES with fuel, the prices and complaining keep going but we have nobody to blame but ourselves....so lets all sit for one day, then we shall see what happens...but this would be to easy and might actually work... this drastic measure is needed so that we save all of our fellow brothers on the road day in and day out because "we all have the right to eat"...somehow that is

Could not agree more:nutkick:

Well said, but I do not see it happening since there will be someone that will still run. I think the key to this would be for the Owner-Operators to shut down for a couple days. I was surprised to here this statistic, but I was told that the O/O's account for over 90% of the truck traffic in the US........they couls alone make a statement.