FedEx Freight | what new communication system fedexfr is using now

jakeguiness

TB Lurker
Credits
wondering what new communication system fedexfr is using now. watkins is going to a new system called cheetah. has GPS and you have to punch in arrival and departure times so customers have real time facts on when their goods will be on location.

^
^
We need to move this so we can answer it .
Start a new thread for me CFer or Jeff.
:Off-Topic:jakester12
But we will get it answered for you.

Smokestack said:
^
^
We need to move this so we can answer it .
Start a new thread for me CFer or Jeff.
:Off-Topic:jakester12
But we will get it answered for you.

Smokestack, I'm half asleep but I'm not sure if we can take a single post out and move it to a new thread. Maybe Jeff knows how. jakester12 could always just start a new thread himself then we can remove the duplicate post here

Thanks FM !

We use the Intermec hand held computer. It runs windows . We enter all our info , driver # , trl #'s , tractor # , route , depart miles , arrival miles , equipment changes , everything .
It does all the messaging and confirming of our deliverys and pickups . A customer can go to the web site and see that a Smokestack signed for his delivery at 09:27 on 4-27-2006 . This is a great tool . It also has a scanner for our pro stickers . As far as GPS goes it is on there , I have fooled around with mine quite a bit but I am pretty sure it is not active at this time , but I may be wrong . I really like it . It makes my job easy and helps the flow of freight.
The guys back at the customer center know exactly what is on it's way in and about what time. (which we enter at our last stop)
I hope this is what you were after.
Smokestack / FXFE

jakester12 said:
wondering what new communication system fedexfr is using now. watkins is going to a new system called cheetah. has GPS and you have to punch in arrival and departure times so customers have real time facts on when their goods will be on location.

FXF is using handheld scanner called an intermec. It does not have GPS but the way it works is, you have to enroute yourself on the intermec, which lets dispatch see what stop you are heading for. Dispatch knows how many stops you have confirmed and how many are still pending.

Smokestack said:
Thanks FM !

We use the Intermec hand held computer. It runs windows . We enter all our info , driver # , trl #'s , tractor # , route , depart miles , arrival miles , equipment changes , everything .
It does all the messaging and confirming of our deliverys and pickups . A customer can go to the web site and see that a Smokestack signed for his delivery at 09:27 on 4-27-2006 . This is a great tool . It also has a scanner for our pro stickers . As far as GPS goes it is on there , I have fooled around with mine quite a bit but I am pretty sure it is not active at this time , but I may be wrong . I really like it . It makes my job easy and helps the flow of freight.
The guys back at the customer center know exactly what is on it's way in and about what time. (which we enter at our last stop)
I hope this is what you were after.
Smokestack / FXFE

We have the same system Smokestack and use it pretty much the same way. Ours transmit data over a cell phone network so there is no GPS tracking.

Our's look like this
BG03_p22_2.jpg

Correct ! Same here by us.
I really like the system . They said there was a camera in there (not active yet) but all I see are the pretty green and red lights when I look into it .:hypnodisk: :biglaugh: :hypnodisk:

We use the Blackberry it would work ok if we had someone monitoring the messenges we send dispatch, they are too busy like out on the yard smoking Marlboro's.

This is what we use at the Big R. This puppy has GPS and all delivery pros are usually entered before we leave. We just enter the mileage when we arrive. Times are automatically entered when we arrive and leave. There's a few other things it does but this is the basic.
0321c928-c64b-482b-a81b-86e826fcc28.jpg

Let me also add the fact that American Freightways implemented a system which uses magnetic transponders on EVERY piece of equipment that is scanned at every location that shows entry and exit from a center.