FedEx Freight | What Purple Promise?

As you know the only people that are going to get their nuts slammed in the tractor door are the drivers .
In this case, it's not. Fx apparently waking up to what everyone else saw coming since Covid.
Labor shortage, not desk jockey shortage.

They need drivers, and mechanics far more than another entire division devoted to something that's double redundant. Class A drivers are harder to come by than another ceo of whatever useless, and basically made up region. Can you imagine how many $175k yr sallary jobs that they invented to manage Covid? For every new Mgr of said position, imagine the staffing needed to support that Mgr? Lot of fat they can trim.

I'm not saying it won't trickle down to drivers, but that's far more determined by the economy.
Basically, they cut what they could stand to lose.

Last edited:
In this case, it's not. Fx apparently waking up to what everyone else saw coming since Covid.
Labor shortage, not desk jockey shortage.

They need drivers, and mechanics far more than another entire division devoted to something that's double redundant. Class A drivers are harder to come by than another ceo of whatever useless, and basically made up region. Can you imagine how many $175k yr sallary jobs that they invented to manage Covid? For every new Mgr of said position, imagine the staffing needed to support that Mgr? Lot of fat they can trim.

I'm not saying it won't trickle down to drivers, but that's far more determined by the economy.
Basically, they cut what they could stand to lose.

Ah, if only autonomous trucks were as close as promised. Sorry John Smith. My time and skills still have value.