FedEx Freight | What Purple Promise?

I don't understand this idea of "being family". Maybe it's because my family sucks, but I don't consider people I work with to be family. I do a job for a wage and go home. That's the extent of this relationship. They can kick me out at any time or I can walk off at any time. That's a flimsy family.

I don't understand this idea of "being family". Maybe it's because my family sucks, but I don't consider people I work with to be family. I do a job for a wage and go home. That's the extent of this relationship. They can kick me out at any time or I can walk off at any time. That's a flimsy family.

“This is my house and as long as you’re in it you have to follow my rules. If you don’t like it THERE’S THE DOOR!”

Did all the drivers they hired in 2010 right before merger feel like family when they were laid off? How about the drivers that followed freight and the rail took their jobs in 2012 or 2013. Do they feel like family? I could go on...

Did all the drivers they hired in 2010 right before merger feel like family when they were laid off? How about the drivers that followed freight and the rail took their jobs in 2012 or 2013. Do they feel like family? I could go on...

I have no idea, but following freight for work is stupid. I can't feel bad for people that make stupid decisions. I'd follow freight if it went somewhere I wanted to live, but following for the sake of work is stupid.

I’m just happy they didn’t start boiling hot dogs, that’s just gross. (Sorry Mom)
I think we are siblings :lmao:

Grill in the warm months, air fryer in the cold months.

And THIS sentiment shows that FedEx went astray.

Each company they acquired had a family feel. Viking, Watkins, AF.

Rules, respect, customer service, and YES, even fun, was the foundation that ruled. Worth noting, H/R even enforced it.

When I started, the owner Sheridan Garrison, would come for a visit and breakfast on a Saturday. SATURDAY! Almost everyone woud attend THAT meeting - unpaid. Not because they had to, but because they wanted to. Even I wanted to.

True story grasshopper.

Last edited:
While there is much (little) to be said about the whole "family" sham, that's a pretty sensationalist article, with as much emotion as fact.

Here is a key statement, however.

"The company has a bloated hierarchy"

This is absolutely, 100% true. True with Fx, and many other massive companies. They have become far too top heavy, especially in regards to salary. Look at the combined salary of the top 5 members of upper MGMT at Fx, or any other global company. It's absolutely clown world figures.

But make no mistake. You're a tool to them. Nothing more.

While there is much (little) to be said about the whole "family" sham, that's a pretty sensationalist article, with as much emotion as fact.

Here is a key statement, however.

"The company has a bloated hierarchy"

This is absolutely, 100% true. True with Fx, and many other massive companies. They have become far too top heavy, especially in regards to salary. Look at the combined salary of the top 5 members of upper MGMT at Fx, or any other global company. It's absolutely clown world figures.

But make no mistake. You're a tool to them. Nothing more.
Agree 100%. That article is spot on. Not only the bloated echelon but totally ineffective, inefficient and ignorant. Did they just get their nuts slammed in the car door to finally realize these issues? IMO :wtflol: