R&L | What R@L did to the NE Traveling Mechanic

"f" Eddie B

TB Lurker
Credits
The North EAst Traveling mechanic is a good hard working man, his girlfriend that lives with him was sick and needed surgery. He has been traveling to SYR since the middle of last year weekly cause R@L cant keep a mechanic there. He was told he would be able to work nights and stay at PHI so he could run her to her surgeries, well the Friday before her first surgery Ed B (NE MAint Director) told him to bad and he would have to goto SYR and that was the end of dicussion. WTH is wrong with this company. Ed B has renigged on many things he has promised.

This man has been basically living in SYR for the past year cause R@L wont do what it takes to keep a mechanic in there. The last guy that was going to start quit before he even started cause it is a one man shop with 23 tractors. Until management wakes the hell up things are not going to get better.

LETS SEE YA LIE YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS ONE ED.:27::27::27::27:

SEEMS LIKE THE LYING TRAIN IS GETTING LONGER

Last edited by a moderator:
this could be a lawsuit against r&l........has anyone mentioned this to that ne travel mechanic?...........i heard there are other lawsuits against r&l pending........this could be a class act lawsuit if they would all get together..................

The North EAst Traveling mechanic is a good hard working man, his girlfriend that lives with him was sick and needed surgery. He has been traveling to SYR since the middle of last year weekly cause R@L cant keep a mechanic there. He was told he would be able to work nights and stay at PHI so he could run her to her surgeries, well the Friday before her first surgery Ed B (NE MAint Director) told him to bad and he would have to goto SYR and that was the end of dicussion. WTF is wrong with this company. Ed B has renigged on many things he has promised.

This man has been basically living in SYR for the past year cause R@L wont do what it takes to keep a mechanic in there. The last guy that was going to start quit before he even started cause it is a one man shop with 23 tractors. Until management wakes the hell up things are not going to get better.

that is a pretty low thing to do, but not really a big surprise.
our personal lives or problems mean nothing to these people.
they gota business to run you know. your problems cant help them, so they dont matter. if you dont believe me ask them. they'll tell you

A company that fires drivers when they get hurt doing something like this? Come on,that cant be. LOL

Thats rich. A traveling mechanic suing because he had to travel. Maybe the drivers will sue because they went to work and had to drive.

Thats rich. A traveling mechanic suing because he had to travel. Maybe the drivers will sue because they went to work and had to drive.

Did you even read the story?Because it doesn't look to me like he didn't want to travel.His live in GF has surgery and he needed to be there.That is not out of the question in my mind but as usual its the needs of the company over the needs of family and loved ones.

Did you even read the story?Because it doesn't look to me like he didn't want to travel.His live in GF has surgery and he needed to be there.That is not out of the question in my mind but as usual its the needs of the company over the needs of family and loved ones.

while i will agree what the regional manager did was crap.
the company is under no obligation to let people off for girlfriend support, live in or otherwise. had it been a wife, child, or parent they could not have pulled this.

Ill bet if it was a wife they still would have attempted it.But your right, it is a girlfriend that may become a wife some day and wont have a very good view of the company he works for in the future.

do you think you guy should check the facts about some of these quotes you are posting
that is a pretty low thing to do, but not really a big surprise.
our personal lives or problems mean nothing to these people.
they gota business to run you know. your problems cant help them, so they dont matter. if you dont believe me ask them. they'll tell you

This statement seems one sided to to me and how does posting these type comments helps the traveling mechanic!
The North EAst Traveling mechanic is a good hard working man, his girlfriend that lives with him was sick and needed surgery. He has been traveling to SYR since the middle of last year weekly cause R@L cant keep a mechanic there. He was told he would be able to work nights and stay at PHI so he could run her to her surgeries, well the Friday before her first surgery Ed B (NE MAint Director) told him to bad and he would have to goto SYR and that was the end of dicussion. WTF is wrong with this company. Ed B has renigged on many things he has promised.

do you think you guy should check the facts about some of these quotes you are posting

what does that mean? its called opinions. what facts do you want besides what goes on here everyday? been here a long time.
I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
is this your first message board experience? you see opinions are what people post here. no names were thrown out by myself to throw anybody in particular out there under the cyber bus. you see thats how this thing works. personal opinions without personal attacks on anyone in particular is usually the best way to do it.
keep posting chevyman, you will get the hang of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
well you know what they say about opinions!
what does that mean? its called opinions. what facts do you want besides what goes on here everyday? been here a long time.
I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
is this your first message board experience? you see opinions are what people post here. no names were thrown out by myself to throw anybody in particular out there under the cyber bus. you see thats how this thing works. personal opinions without personal attacks on anyone in particular is usually the best way to do it.
keep posting chevyman, you will get the hang of it.

Wow! such a deep and impactful statement....

You guys know how the company feels about all of us. We are just TOOLS, tools that they use to do a job. When a tool is worn out, breaks or needs repair, it gets tossed and a new tool is used.....

Besides, the mech's girlfriend isn't considered a relative to the company. Christian morals forbid such....

This post is funny. Ready to bash , without the facts again.

I heard her surgery wasn't until the 1st of NOV. The traveling guy will be with her is what I heard from the PHI SF.

This post is funny. Ready to bash , without the facts again.

I heard her surgery wasn't until the 1st of NOV. The traveling guy will be with her is what I heard from the PHI SF.

good for what you heard.
what was being commented on was a result of what everyone was being told.
everyone believes what we were told based on this companies past dealings with certain issues like this. not always, but sometimes it has happened. you can deny that all you want, but those of us who have been here long enough know the deal.