FedEx Freight | What should a new Road Driver at West Jefferson expect?

ExtraBoardLife

TB Lurker
Credits
As low man, should I expect shuttle runs with hours of dock work? If so, is there less dock work with more seniority and different bids? What do I need to know walking in?

Pack a lunch. You won’t see day runs for 20+ years. Congrats on the job bill
Thanks. Twenty years, damn. I'll be pushing 60 by then. But, I'm okay with night runs. With kids, that schedule works out better than city. Just curious if this is more of a dock than driver position.

Thanks. Twenty years, damn. I'll be pushing 60 by then. But, I'm okay with night runs. With kids, that schedule works out better than city. Just curious if this is more of a dock than driver position.
Does Freight hire off the street for Linehaul road driver? Or do you have to start as city driver first

Really all depends on that location and how fast you move up. I mean if you get stuck running to Dayton every night that is only 45 miles so definitely a lot of dock. Working Dayton’s dock kind of sucks too. It’s so narrow it’s basically like loading freight and being on one of those bumper car rides at the fair.