What should I expect at a group interview?

preppyredneck

TB Lurker
Credits
I applied for an OTR job at Frito Lay. I got called in for a group interview. Does anybody know what happens at a group interview? Are all of the plants dispatched 7 days a week? Any guesses on how long it would take to get a Monday thru Friday route? Thank you

It's been a while since I worked there but I still keep in contact with a few current drivers. I guess the group interview will be to explain what the job entails. It's a hands on job which is not for everyone, but generally you will be compensated well. In the South and Midwest they dispatch 24/7 and it's a seniority job, which means if you have no seniority you will work when high seniority people are off. Most plants are adding a lot of drivers due to more tractor trailer to store deliveries, so if you get in at the beginning of the hiring you could work decent hours/days in a little while(months/years who knows). Unless things have really changed for the worse, it's a $80,000-$100,000 a year, home every day or sleep in a hotel kind of job, but you earn most every dollar. You should find the specifics for that location at the group interview.