Estes | What Should I know About Estes

fr8rookie

TB Lurker
Credits
I got a call from an Estes Tm. He left a mess. if ya want a job call me . Got in late so I'm calling in the morning. P&D that is . What do i need to know about Estes. I know they will paint such a great picture. I am a former WML driver.

I would have stayed but 1wk before the buyout was made public and 3 days after they told us we were getting raises 2 of us (P&D drivers) were layed off do to lack of business at our terminal. But 2 more employees left (1dock,1 office) left cause they were cut to part time. I have no hard feeling,would go back but I can't wait anylonger for things to get better.Plus with the buyout FedEx may not approve of me.

Sorry to here about the layoff, its likely that they will need as many people as they can get because the freight will start coming fast and furious. Estes should only be an option if thats the only option you have. As you have probably seen already on these boards, Estes has a few issues to resolve. Good luck!!

fr8rookie said:
I got a call from an Estes Tm. He left a mess. if ya want a job call me . Got in late so I'm calling in the morning. P&D that is . What do i need to know about Estes. I know they will paint such a great picture. I am a former WML driver.
What locale are you at. As MR Viking said, issues with Estes. We are going thru some turmoil and depending on what you want and would be willing to accept, you might consider other options. Otherwise, basically around 18.00 start for p&d and overtime is being discussed. Again locale makes your benefits.

fr8rookie said:
the Mid-Atlantic
I'm going to send you a private message here on the Truckingboards. The east is having issues about pay comparison to the west and the west is looking like it's going to go union out there. Read the Estes threads here. Check your mail soon.

fr8rookie said:
Also read the threads on this board for "other forums" / "union/non-union debate form" / "talk of estes". Or use this link - http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=55 and click Talk of Estes

I will only say this once Estes is like a Hotel you stay a short time. Back EAST this is what they are use to. Good luck I wouldn't send my worst emeny here. I would take him with me over to UPSFREIGHT!!!!:smillie_flag: :smillie_flag:

WEll i guess we can make this short and sweet. Got enough problems at home don't need this bull at work too. Thank you all for your words of wisdom. I guess he will need to find another pawn to play with.

fr8rookie said:
WEll i guess we can make this short and sweet. Got enough problems at home don't need this bull at work too. Thank you all for your words of wisdom. I guess he will need to find another pawn to play with.
That's using the ol' noggin.

gearshifter said:
I will only say this once Estes is like a Hotel you stay a short time. Back EAST this is what they are use to. Good luck I wouldn't send my worst emeny here. I would take him with me over to UPSFREIGHT!!!!:smillie_flag: :smillie_flag:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
LOL