ABF | What terminal numbers are hiring?

still have 16 laid off at abq/120. slowly putting them on due to foreign power coming into abq .

you guys will always have guys laid off as long as Zac is your manager. when he was in Vegas thats what he loved to do. at one time he laid off 15 guys on a 30 man board. we are all happy that son of a b**** is gone!

vegas is accepting apps" just in case yrc goes out" thats from the TM.....But we still have 5 guys laid off ?????? :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
vegas is accepting apps" just in case yrc goes out" thats from the TM.....But we still have 5 guys laid off ?????? :shrug:

Your a great guy, in case YRC goes out, your not suppose to dog another teamster, or the company. ABF will be out of business and long gone before anything happens to YRC. Why is it that your woman president wanted concessions? She must know something you dont, and didnt you gear up last year for a YRC closing, its getting old ABF

wendy i said that came from the TM. it sounds like you dont like women in the frieght industry. you must be PMS ing. you are looking for a fight, but not here honey! go cause trouble in the YRC forum.

yes i work at sch034 they have hired about 10 road drivers just about the same city drivers and shuttle and about 30 dock casuals they keep telling us their losing 10 million a month but they keep hiring plus we are not that busy plus they keep asking for overtime the other day they had 15 loads here and 25 do and had 7 on ot and 10 to 15 casuals with no work here talk about making it look like they are losing money

Your a great guy, in case YRC goes out, your not suppose to dog another teamster, or the company. ABF will be out of business and long gone before anything happens to YRC. Why is it that your woman president wanted concessions? She must know something you dont, and didnt you gear up last year for a YRC closing, its getting old ABF
He is just stating a fact.... Nobody at abf wants yrc to go out were all in this together (pension) or whats left of it. Maybe you should go over to the fed ex or conway board and blame them seeing they tried to put you out of business with those huge discounts they were offering???? the union employees at abf have nothing to do with yrc situation. I myself had 10 years with roadway and i seen the writing on the wall.Unlike yourself i dont wish any ill will on your company.... but remember what board your posting on.

Didn't yrc try to put us under ?at abf Wendy dogs abf alot and she talks about us I'm sorry yrc is so much in trouble stop talking about abf and blame mr bill

Your good CEO or president of yrc has destroyed two good companies holland and big r I was in Carlisle and heard your own drivers call yrc the evil empire so stop blaming abf drivers for your problems and yes I hope yrc makes it

From the beginning of time. (Freight) Companies have been trying to get freight from other companies. Trying to make theirs the best and greatest. When a company starts to falter they smell the blood and go after the freight like sharks. They all discount to get more business.

So instead of putting down drivers and other companies for doing what they always have done. Just do the best you can as a driver to keep your customers happy.
It will always be this way even down to the last three companies. The other two will try to put the third one out of business.

In a stagnant economy, the only way any company in any industry can grow revenue is to lure other companies customers. It's not exclusive to freight haulers or trucking. As far as a company having a plan in place in case a obviously struggling competitor goes out, especially a service industry like ltl freight, that's just good business. If a company doesn't have a plan in place, both their existing customers and displaced customers from the company out of biz will suffer.

We at 150 are still waiting for them to put 4 to 6 road drivers on. we were told they would be put on the fast track from ft smith.:shrug: That must mean snail pace.:6788: