XPO | What the heck is going on?

One thing for sure is when I leave (here shortly) I don’t plan on coming back. He hev
That sucks, wish you luck on your future endeavors. Xpo has truly reached a crisis point with experienced guys like you leaving and new drivers avoiding them.

Last edited:
Here is the post on the 90 days
BwItZzB.jpg

I saw pictures on their Facebook page of Jacobs and the new Pres holding a town hall meeting at XGO with The a bunch of the driver trainers and some others . The executive staff put on the old aprons and served up some food to them also old Con-way style. That should work. :1036316054:

So I left Con-way going on 4 years at the end of this year and I got a text message from XPO recently saying there is a DSR rehire incentive to come back to the "team". Is XPO this hard up for drivers?
Heck is going on fellas?
I got one from a company I left over 6years ago. So this is not a big surprise

I saw pictures on their Facebook page of Jacobs and the new Pres holding a town hall meeting at XGO with The a bunch of the driver trainers and some others . The executive staff put on the old aprons and served up some food to them also old Con-way style. That should work. :1036316054:
just like i said some thing don't change Con-way was know for it and now XPO "A day late and a dollar short" If XPO want to lead the charge they need to reach really deep into those pockets and start paying out premium rates to driver and why not aren't we charging premium shipping rates?

What is/was the rehire incentive?
icuip, I have no clue, I got the message recently. I am completely out of the trucking industry. Though I do miss pulling doubles and looking for a super part time weekend short haul run.
I would never come back to working nights, cant have a social life, be on the bottom of the board again for god knows how long.
I won't lie, I miss moving freight, dragging boxes but thats about it. It's better than my current job where I sit for 8-12 hours a day looking at Excel.

icuip, I have no clue, I got the message recently. I am completely out of the trucking industry. Though I do miss pulling doubles and looking for a super part time weekend short haul run.
I would never come back to working nights, cant have a social life, be on the bottom of the board again for god knows how long.
I won't lie, I miss moving freight, dragging boxes but thats about it. It's better than my current job where I sit for 8-12 hours a day looking at Excel.
My hats off to the guys who run night linehaul that no way to live.

Here is the post on the 90 days
BwItZzB.jpg
Has anyone asked HR does this letter mean all of the drivers ( and dockworkers and CSR's ) that did the waiting period will have their anniversary dates changed to when they FIRST started? Seems fair to me , right?

To be specific , I am talking about everyone hired before July 29 , 2018. Not just the employees currently in the 90 day waiting period , but ALL employees hired before July 29 , 2018 who have been working here for years.

Last edited:
Has anyone asked HR does this letter mean all of the drivers ( and dockworkers and CSR's ) that did the waiting period will have their anniversary dates changed to when they FIRST started? Seems fair to me , right?

To be specific , I am talking about everyone hired before July 29 , 2018.
Yes, it applies as stated current employees in 90 day waiting period will be converted to regular status.

just like i said some thing don't change Con-way was know for it and now XPO "A day late and a dollar short" If XPO want to lead the charge they need to reach really deep into those pockets and start paying out premium rates to driver and why not aren't we charging premium shipping rates?

That's the thing. They brag and boast about the profitability and then say they can't afford to pay us or improve the health care. It's a public company. We don't believe it.

To be specific , I am talking about everyone hired before July 29 , 2018. Not just the employees currently in the 90 day waiting period , but ALL employees hired before July 29 , 2018 who have been working here for years.
Our TM seems to think it will apply to legacy employees as well or at least hopes so. He says its a nightmare for him otherwise because some people are regular full time day one, some are 90 days after hire date, and some are 15 months.

Our TM seems to think it will apply to legacy employees as well or at least hopes so. He says its a nightmare for him otherwise because some people are regular full time day one, some are 90 days after hire date, and some are 15 months.
How can it apply to "legacy" employees. The only people that are legacy employees are people who worked for Con-way at the time of the Xpo take over.

How can it apply to "legacy" employees. The only people that are legacy employees are people who worked for Con-way at the time of the Xpo take over.
Sorry I didn't clarify. The hope is that it will make seniority date the same as actual hire date for EVERYONE. For example having to work 16 years and 3 months in order to get 15 year vacation accruels. I've had guys tell me that they've been threw that.

The industry as a whole will do anything and everything except improve wages, conditions or benefits.
It's like they're enjoying the whole capacity crunch= higher freight rates, but sure aren't enjoying the driver crunch....you'd think they'd figure out that the two go hand in hand....or am I giving then too much credit??

That would be great. Mine is even worse than that as I had a period of being laid off as well. 8 years to top out.

It's like they're enjoying the whole capacity crunch= higher freight rates, but sure aren't enjoying the driver crunch....you'd think they'd figure out that the two go hand in hand....or am I giving then too much credit??

They are very well aware. Less is more. Haven't you heard ?