ABF | What the non union carriers think of us at ABF.

Ok...you now admit that they use propaganda...which is a nice word for lies. So...they actually lie on their website...right?

Second...I said produce the calculations used to justify showing the 155 million dollar loss in the last three years.

Third...is this statement true>>> Arkansas Best swings to profit by ending two consecutive years of losses with 2011 net income of $6.159 million.

Fourth...so you are actually saying that by the company saying that they lost 230 million in the last 3 years is an outright lie?

Fifth...Since they have lied on numerous occasions...why should we believe anything they have to say?

I am unaware of the $230 million claim. This may be hard for you to understand but I don't watch their DVD's unless they pay me for my time. I have not visited the website created strictly as a propaganda tool known something like gotrucking@ABF. Since I have not visited it, I can't remember the exact name and don't care to look it up. The only website that I visit is ABFatwork so I can check my availability. Hell, I don't even own 1 piece of clothing that says ABF. I am not an apologist for ABF, just someone who can look at numbers realize the pension is in real trouble. I will say again, I enjoy my job very much. I want to do my best to preserve both my job and my pension. In my opinion, mandating that ABF continue to make contributions for drivers who never worked at ABF is insane and unfair. I want real and substantial change to the pension so we never have this kind of uncertainty on whether it will even exist in two to five years.

I am unaware of the $230 million claim. This may be hard for you to understand but I don't watch their DVD's unless they pay me for my time. I have not visited the website created strictly as a propaganda tool known something like gotrucking@ABF. Since I have not visited it, I can't remember the exact name and don't care to look it up. The only website that I visit is ABFatwork so I can check my availability. Hell, I don't even own 1 piece of clothing that says ABF. I am not an apologist for ABF, just someone who can look at numbers realize the pension is in real trouble. I will say again, I enjoy my job very much. I want to do my best to preserve both my job and my pension. In my opinion, mandating that ABF continue to make contributions for drivers who never worked at ABF is insane and unfair. I want real and substantial change to the pension so we never have this kind of uncertainty on whether it will even exist in two to five years.

Well...I've seen the DVD and was paid while seeing it. Don't worry...it'll be coming to your terminal soon if it's not already there.

I also see that you again refuse to answer my questions:

Ok...you now admit that they use propaganda...which is a nice word for lies. So...they actually lie on their website...right?

Second...I said produce the calculations used to justify showing the 155 million dollar loss in the last three years.

Third...is this statement true>>> Arkansas Best swings to profit by ending two consecutive years of losses with 2011 net income of $6.159 million.

Fourth...so you are actually saying that by the company saying that they lost 230 million in the last 3 years is an outright lie?

Fifth...Since they have lied on numerous occasions...why should we believe anything they have to say?

Now...quit trying to dodge the questions and answer them!

Hey Needstobehumbled: Let's look at these posts...shall we?

First response, a personal attack. What a shock!

More personal crap. What is it Docker, you cant deal with the issues, so you attack people personally.

Still no perspective on the issues, just more name calling. Same old Docker.

Now...let's talk about your use of the word Moderator Gerbals...

What do you always cry and whine about? Now...what do you have to say for yourself?

Make sure that you stick around this time needstobehumbled...I'm just getting started to prove what a fraud you really are!

Hey Needstobehumbled: Let's look at these posts...shall we?

Now...let's talk about your use of the word Moderator Gerbals...

What do you always cry and whine about? Now...what do you have to say for yourself?

Journey - Who's Crying Now (HQ with lyrics) - YouTube

Moderator Gerbals is certainly an attack on who you think it is. I appreciate the name calling on your part. Lower management, dumb management and dimwit from just your last few posts. Keep it coming. It shows your true nature and an inability to deal with the reality of our, yes that's right, our situation as we negotiate our next contract.

It is pretty slow the last couple days which is a polite way of saying you will see more often in these threads. However, when I do a lay-down, I am away from the computer for a little more than a day or so. That certainly doesn't mean I am dodging a debate with either your or Moderator Gerbals.

Journey - Who's Crying Now (HQ with lyrics) - YouTube

Moderator Gerbals is certainly an attack on who you think it is. I appreciate the name calling on your part. Lower management, dumb management and dimwit from just your last few posts. Keep it coming. It shows your true nature and an inability to deal with the reality of our, yes that's right, our situation as we negotiate our next contract.

It is pretty slow the last couple days which is a polite way of saying you will see more often in these threads. However, when I do a lay-down, I am away from the computer for a little more than a day or so. That certainly doesn't mean I am dodging a debate with either your or Moderator Gerbals.

Don't worry...I'll keep it coming...lol

I just hope your little wussy ass will be able to take it without running and crying to the mods. After all...we all know how you did that in the past. You say that you have your big boy pants on now...let's see how long you will be able to keep them up...

My guess...they'll be around your ankes in a week.
roflmao.gif

Now...answer the questions!

Plus...will you explain what a goodwill impairment charge is once again? LOL

Now what is it that you are babbling about?
I see that you also tried this BS back in May...lol

Right. And i say again to your skepticism of McReynolds' numbers...a score of 95 percentile among the approximately 8,000 companies means the numbers are of the highest integrity

Don't worry...I'll keep it coming...lol

I just hope your little wussy ass will be able to take it without running and crying to the mods. After all...we all know how you did that in the past. You say that you have your big boy pants on now...let's see how long you will be able to keep them up...

My guess...they'll be around your ankes in a week.
roflmao.gif

Now...answer the questions!

Plus...will you explain what a goodwill impairment charge is once again? LOL

The Captain & Tenille "LOVE WILL KEEP US TOGETHER" - YouTube

1. Yes everyone uses propaganda when they're trying to persuade the thinking of others. Many times people will cross an ethical boundary to convince others to their viewpoint and its called lying. I won't cross that boundary.
2. No, I am not going to produce the calculations on the three years in question. The capital markets ensure companies profit and loss statements are accurate. Again, if you think ABF if isn't being honest, call the Securites and Exchange and demand some sort of investigation.
3. Close, but I believe net income in 2011 was 5.91 million
4. No, I am saying the company lost $155 million the last three years. I have been pretty consistent about this. If you search our long debate on the openness of the pension reform, I mentioned that same $155 million figure months ago.
5. I have not found ABF to be dishonorable. If they have lied, for instance about this $230 million which you state they say is the amount they've lost the last three years, I would call it a big stretch, borderline lie. A pretty well known quote goes "There are lies, damn lies and statistics."
6. I understand the dynamics of a goodwill impairment charge. The bottom line, a company isn't as valuable as it once thought it was due to many different factors.

Lastly, I have never p.m. any of the moderators. Never, ever! What I did say (only in the public threads) is that having a moderator play both the role of moderator and belligerent is outside of any debate forum I have ever participated. And I got over it. B.T.W., leaving on a lay-down and will be gone for a day or so. But I promise to be back soon.

The Captain & Tenille "LOVE WILL KEEP US TOGETHER" - YouTube

1. Yes everyone uses propaganda when they're trying to persuade the thinking of others. Many times people will cross an ethical boundary to convince others to their viewpoint and its called lying. I won't cross that boundary.
2. No, I am not going to produce the calculations on the three years in question. The capital markets ensure companies profit and loss statements are accurate. Again, if you think ABF if isn't being honest, call the Securites and Exchange and demand some sort of investigation.
4. No, I am saying the company lost $155 million the last three years. I have been pretty consistent about this. If you search our long debate on the openness of the pension reform, I mentioned that same $155 million figure months ago.
5. I have not found ABF to be dishonorable. If they have lied, for instance about this $230 million which you state they say is the amount they've lost the last three years, I would call it a big stretch, borderline lie. A pretty well known quote goes "There are lies, damn lies and statistics."
6. I understand the dynamics of a goodwill impairment charge. The bottom line, a company isn't as valuable as it once thought it was due to many different factors.

Lastly, I have never p.m. any of the moderators. Never, ever! What I did say (only in the public threads) is that having a moderator play both the role of moderator and belligerent is outside of any debate forum I have ever participated. And I got over it. B.T.W., leaving on a lay-down and will be gone for a day or so. But I promise to be back soon.

No...everyone doesn't cross the line to get their point across...just the dishonest ones...that's one of the big problems with society today...everyone accepts people lying to them. You won't cross that boundary...I'm sorry...you already have!

You are the one that stated..."The 155 million is a matter of public record and also a fact". I said...prove it...by showing the calculations of how they arrived at that number. You...yourself...said that ABF lies...did you not?

You believe wrong...but you are close so I'll let that slide. So...it's conceivable to say that ABF is back on the road to profit and that they have not lost 155 million in the last three consecutive years.

Listen to yourself...you have not found ABF to be dishonorable...but yet...you admit they lie...just what is dishonorable in your book? There is no such thing as a borderline lie...it's a lie...pure and simple! And you didn't answer my question...let's try again...Since they have lied on numerous occasions...why should we believe anything they have to say?

If you understand the dynamics of a goodwill impairment charge...then why did you give this answer:
Secondly, "goodwill impairment charge" is a phrase mentioned many times by ex-YRC CEO Bill Zollars as the company slid into finanicial oblivion. It means nothing more than the company lost money. I certainly hope your not buying into the philosophies of Bill Zollars who was always trying to make sound like YRC was turning the corner every quarter. But, never did.

Or...are you now saying that you lied to get your viewpoint across? Or is it what you call a big stretch, borderline lie? So...which is it...were you just ignorant and tried to pass yourself off as knowledgable on the subject or did you just outright lie?

Lastly...if you have a problem with the way a Moderator is moderating the forum...you take that up with the Administrators...don't cry and whine about it on the public forum...that accomplishes nothing except to make you look like a whiner.

Right. And i say again to your skepticism of McReynolds' numbers...a score of 95 percentile among the approximately 8,000 companies means the numbers are of the highest integrity

Here you go again...opening your mouth about something you know nothing about.Did I say that she was cooking the books...no...in fact...I said the opposite...so why don't you try and pay closer attention next time.

Here's something else to ponder on:

On Jan. 27, the company - after 10 quarterly losses - reported a return to profitability for full-year 2011 with net income of $6.2 million. Arkansas Best reported a net loss of $127.9 million in 2009, which it narrowed to a loss of $32.7 million in 2010. Revenue reached $1.91 billion in 2011, up from $1.66 billion in 2010.

McReynolds attributed the turnaround to a number of factors.

"During 2009, that was really the worst year in terms of the recession," she told Arkansas Business. "We consider that year to be the worst recession since the Great Depression. And its impact on our business was very dramatic. Part of the improvement that we experienced in 2010 and 2011 was just coming off of that bottom and the economy improving.

"2011 more specifically had two stories. The first part of the year you could see the economy impacting our business in a way that greatly improved our tonnage, which is what we measure our volume by. And then the second half of the year, because of the improvement in the economy, we were able to improve our prices to a more appropriate level, and that really improves your profitability."

McReynolds summed up: "It's really a combination of the improving economy and then that bringing about our ability to improve our price."

As the company's performance has improved, so has McReynolds' compensation. In its proxy statement, filed Feb. 29, Arkansas Best reported McReynolds had total compensation of almost $1.35 million in 2011, which was a 35 percent increase over her total compensation of $997,769 in 2010.

CEO Profile: Judy R. McReynolds of Arkansas Best Corp.

Now...what did she attribute the turnaround to? Also...did she mention ABF's high cost structure even just once? Why should she...that interview was six months ago...it wasn't contract time then...was it?