What the "Representation" failed to mention

werble

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey all it seems like YRC is a benchmark for whats going on in the union world and i had to call a buddy i worked with a long time ago,

this was forwarded from his union, who was letting people know what is coming on the "chopping block" soon (effecting everyone at the company,)

1 Pay Freeeze for all non cdl employees
2 get rid of ot after 8 ot, (only after 40 will you get paid OT)
3 contribution rate to H&W will be dropped to .25 cents per hour
4 increase use of purchased transportation

(These are issues you need to contact your local on and just wanted to let everyone know what could possibly be out there on the horizon)

this really isnt the best representation, no more OT, lowered contributions, purchased trans?

funny how people see what they want to see.....yrc is in the shape their in because of zollars !!! he wanted an empire...bad timing is what caused that debacle. this has nothing to do with NCTY. Harry should be blamed. he should have never sold out to jeffries.

Your comparing other companies financial problems with our company .
Nct isn't in financial ruins like yrc so stop comparing what's happening to those employees
To us...

that company is a teamster driver company, its foreshadowing the difficulty of having a 4th party holding out just to watch things go down the drain anyway

uworkforme, bad timing caused our debacle as well, im sure you knew how we were doing before the economy took a downturn...i sure remember

Werble you think only bad timing is nct's problem. The purchase of a company with well hidden debt. The purchase of equiptment with very very low value towards trade in and also the 6 figure salary's to people who couldn't keep their own company afloat. Put nct where it is today.

Agreed, i dont think i said its the SOLE responsibility of the Union but it did play a factor for YRC and now they cant keep the "promises" to union people, agreed>?

there is alot of great information out there, and you got to make a decision based on your own research, i dont think there was one industry that wasnt effected in some way or shape stemming from our recession it comes down to how well a group can turn things around

its not instant, but i know we all want to get back to where we were before, riding the top of the wave

Hey all it seems like YRC is a benchmark for whats going on in the union world and i had to call a buddy i worked with a long time ago,

this was forwarded from his union, who was letting people know what is coming on the "chopping block" soon (effecting everyone at the company,)

1 Pay Freeeze for all non cdl employees
2 get rid of ot after 8 ot, (only after 40 will you get paid OT)
3 contribution rate to H&W will be dropped to .25 cents per hour
4 increase use of purchased transportation

(These are issues you need to contact your local on and just wanted to let everyone know what could possibly be out there on the horizon)

this really isnt the best representation, no more OT, lowered contributions, purchased trans?

the video that's recently being linked to emphasizes this, they need to get the union agreement through quickly so that they don't go under. But if the union is fighting this, trying to retain benefits even though there is no money....

GOOD POINTS---THANK YOU........AGAIN, the YRC employees will vote on their fate and not have it forced upon them....thats the difference !!! they have rights and its the good UNION employees of those organizations that have kept that company alive-----THANK YOU

No teamster LTL company has ever survived. Not a single one. The unions blame CEO's customers, insurance companies, management etc.

The only thing in common is every member in the NMFA has gone out of business. Period.

The contract was written in the 1930's for a much different world. Plus today shippers avoid union carriers unless they have super cheap rates..........

You NCT guys do as you see fit, history does not bode well for you......

Devestating ? wow---the sky is falling isnt it ? DEC 10 the good people will decide..if the vote is yes then the negotiating will begin...if the vote is no then the masses have spoken. this is a democracy .....right ? so let the people decide.

The NMFA contract was written in 1964. Before you start bad mouthing the Teamsters you should educate yourself about them.

No teamster LTL company has ever survived. Not a single one. The unions blame CEO's customers, insurance companies, management etc.

The only thing in common is every member in the NMFA has gone out of business. Period.

The contract was written in the 1930's for a much different world. Plus today shippers avoid union carriers unless they have super cheap rates..........

You NCT guys do as you see fit, history does not bode well for you......
I have no idea where you get your ideas from but you're way off on more than one of them. ABF hauls a lot of freight that others cannot haul without damaging it. Many of those who load the trucks wish that they didn't have to use the others but they are not the ones making that call.